1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

TinyHunt 10

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Sep 29, 2020.

1. nutella

nutella Muggle

because I didn't really notice it on my first skim and just now went back to the first page to see if I could get a slightly better handle of things

are you admitting I'm right?

2. Gira

Gira Muggle

Nah. :p

Seems like you might not really be paying attention and just looking for something to push on?

3. nutella

nutella Muggle

I'm paying as much attention as I feel I need to when only half the player list has checked in

4. Ampharos

Ampharos Muggle

OH RIGHT THIS STARTED HELLO

Lump: Ampharos

I wanna be the pretty princess.

5. Ampharos

Ampharos Muggle

So here's a question: what kind of winrates are we looking at since "standard lump meta" was established?

I swear I'm going somewhere with this.

6. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

We lost one a few years ago when the Priest decided to check me instead of the lump? Mostly wins other than that, I think.

7. Ampharos

Ampharos Muggle

Lightly townreading Gira choosing to nitpick nutella's response timing, feels like a natural thought. That said, don't personally have any issues with nutella's response timing (and actually think the MacDougall reference is very slightly villagery, as weird a read as that is).

OK cool. In that case:

##Vote: Cobalt

8. Ampharos

Ampharos Muggle

I initially thought the way Ara was handling Cobalt was kinda weird but on second glance I kinda like that she's already paranoid about people giving away role info through their posting.

9. fontisian

Lump really isn't that valuable, but it's nice to clear a scummy target without having the priest claim. Like, either we hit a witch (win) or we clear someone we were going to yeet without outing a role, and make them someone scum wants to shoot (win).

General role advice: Just don't. Don't talk about any role things, make your role based thoughts privately, don't let your posts reflect your knowledge from roles to obviously. The most likely way we lose this is to soup.

10. Ampharos

Ampharos Muggle

Unvote

Changed my mind, decided I don't actually think the way Cobalt went about it was wolfy.

But we should probably still not mess with the lump meta.

11. Ampharos

Ampharos Muggle

Mmmmmmmmmmm I don't actually think anyone's wolfy yet.

Maybe if we kill Lissa fast enough I won't have to see her using proper grammar.

##Vote: Lissa

12. fontisian

I will now answer this question:

I am experienced with tinyhunts.

13. fontisian

It is a delight to be playing with town!Amy.

14. Ampharos

Ampharos Muggle

Someone's gonna ask me about Cobalt actually so lemme explain my thinking.

My mafia origins involve a heavily bastardized version of the game that was typically 2v1 multiball with full out-of-thread communication enabled for all players. The prevailing strategy was for a single villager to pubclaim a clearable or provable role, collect all village information, and dictate all village actions, and when executed properly it made it really really hard for wolves to win. Like, we had to HEAVILY scumside setups for them to even have a fighting chance.

But like once a game you'd get someone railing against the entire system, stirring up agitation about how easy this strategy was to beat, how easy it would be for a well-placed mole to collect all the village info. And sure enough, the person doing this was a wolf 95% of the time. If you can't beat the strategy, you stop people from using it altogether.

So that was my gut reaction to Cobalt's "let's change the meta shenanigans". Upon further reflection, though, the fact that it's quoted from another game makes me think that he probably just... actually believes that's the correct way to play, lol. And that he would have made that suggestion regardless of alignment. So yeah, don't actually have a problem with it from an alignment standpoint.

15. Ampharos

Ampharos Muggle

Given that I'm shitting out posts in between watching LoL worlds? I too am delighted to be playing with town!Amy.

16. Ampharos

Ampharos Muggle

I wonder how annoyed Coby would be if we ignored his plan and then lumped him.

17. fontisian

So, to follow up on this, I actually think him quoting it from the other game instead of following up here or even rewriting is kind of suspicious? Not for any of this, but because it feels more like something Cobalt did because it was expected of him than something he was super interested in as a townie here, with the way he quoted it and didn't keep pushing or add in any new reasons he might have thought of since he made that old post. There are some reasons to excuse a lack of interest (he probably wanted to join the Among Us game and we have a strict "no looking at the dlp game" rule in place), but it still feels, humm, lacking.

Vote Cobalt

18. fontisian

Oh hey, Gemma and I are also watching worlds.

Which is why we're (you + me) both posting a lot right now (though I started reading more around the time Xiye was like 3k gold ahead).

19. fontisian

Yeah, I think Ara's paranoia and rolespec is kind of towny. Maybe a light lean.

Amy, why did you explain the Cobalt thing?

20. Ampharos

Ampharos Muggle

I... don't think I necessarily have a problem with it? Seems like the same sort of thing I might do as a villager, tbh; if I suggested some grand mechanical plan in a previous game, and the new game has a similar playerlist, I might just straight quote it and be like "hey let's do this".

the breaks between games are sooooo loooooong I'm gonna dieeeeeee

Assumed I was gonna have to type it out anyways. Wanted to get it down while my train of thought was still moving in that direction. Also helped me sanity check whether or not my gut takes actually made any sense.