1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

TinyHunt 10

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Sep 29, 2020.

1. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Ah. Well, he did it was town last time, iirc.

Uh, I feel like if this was something Cobalt cared about as much as he seems to, the wheels would have been turning in his head and he would have had a refined proposal instead of just posting the same thing we ignored last time. It would have at least been presented better.

2. fontisian

Man, I wanted that Fiora pick.

3. fontisian

This was kind of prickly. Is that normal for this person? I feel like it /could/ be a scum thing, if they're not big on playing scum and it put them in a worse mood.

4. Ampharos

Ampharos Muggle

I'm just waiting for the meta to swing back around to junglers I actually play. Where my Vi picks at.

I see your point on the Cobalt thing, but I think it's super thin and it's not something I'm really willing to pursue. Want to see more from him.

FMPOV it seemed like a justifiably prickly response to a fairly pointed question at a point in the game where barely anything had happened. Nutella comes from a pretty fast-paced environment and this game got off to a super slow start.

Caveat is that I've never seen nutella's wolfgame, I don't think.

5. fontisian

I guess?

Feels like it lashes out more at the players who haven't checked in than at Gira. Maybe I'm picking up on a scum feeling of "I'm here and posting, which is better than half of these townies, how dare you push me." Eh.

6. fontisian

I'm being pretty loose with the feels reads off of nothing, heh. Can't hurt at this point.

7. Ampharos

Ampharos Muggle

You wanna talk about loose, I rescinded my Cobalt read like 5 minutes after its inception.

8. Grapefruit21

Grapefruit21 Muggle

Leaning town on Cobalt, Amy, and Ara. Maybe Fonti as well. None of these should be trusted.

No one else has moved the needle.

Lump: Grape
    Vote: Waco

9. fontisian

I'm looking for more loose reads, but half the content is just us.

10. fontisian

The Waco vote is random?

Talk about why on the reads.

11. Grapefruit21

Grapefruit21 Muggle

Waco vote is random.

Ara's excitement and interaction with Cobalt and the mechanics felt genuine. And I default to thinking that indicates town.

I think Cobalt advocating a heterodox opinion is more likely to come from town. Much easier to advocate against the established and successful meta if you're town.

Amy's real time spitballing with you feels pure. As does the very loose flip flop on Cobalt.

And you because I want to town read the nitpicking on Nutella.

12. fontisian

Re: Cobalt, this is an opinion he's posted in a previous game, so why is it more likely to come from town here?

13. Ampharos

Ampharos Muggle

Interesting that your assessment of Cobalt is like the exact opposite of my initial take.

14. Grapefruit21

Grapefruit21 Muggle

Because if people proved completely unreceptive to the bringing it up is actively rocking the boat. The simplest explanation is Cobalt is confident because they're town. Advocating for a plan that got shot down is likely to draw ire and reads like Amy's.

If they were scum I think cobalt would have had to consider how it would be received. As town it's so easy to just throw it out there and see if it sticks.

15. Grapefruit21

Grapefruit21 Muggle

I'm a contrairian at heart unfortunately.

16. Ampharos

Ampharos Muggle

@fontisian on a scale from 1 to "I have work tomorrow" how bad an idea is staying up to catch Mad vs Supermassive live?

17. Arapocalypse

Arapocalypse Muggle

So instead of reading this game, since it was so quiet at SoD I've been reading TinyHunt 9 and here are my reads as of EoD 1, tiers alphabetical:

Voxx*

Dels
    Grapefruit
    Jarizok
    Regfan
    Umami

Citrus
    fontisian
    Vaimes

Cobalt

fluff
    t om

Gemma*

*"Confirmed" alignments

I only realized about halfway through that this was January of 2019 instead of 2020, wow!!!!! Also note that this is a bit biased because I do know the general outcome/structure of the game, and I started typing this up before I realized that this is the game that Voxx subbed into, so...

Anyways there's only three pages left, so will finish this up quickly and catch up here; also have some updated thoughts relevant to here, will share in a moment!!

18. Ampharos

Ampharos Muggle

Posting a readslist for another goddamn game is pretty galaxy brain.

19. Arapocalypse

Arapocalypse Muggle

Oops, got distracted for a bit, but done now!!

Anyways what a stomp; not really much to say about that game, was some solid play by town!!!! Also was fun to see how the meta in and of itself played out, very hype!!! I get why people like it now, and having gone over the setup again it seems solid; one thing I was thinking about for this is why not do something like having your Lump vote be the same as your real vote? Then we could just do counterwagons, for wagonomics hype!!

Regardless, I do have some updated thoughts on Cobalt, where this is complicated: he did do stuff regarding pushing for getting the Lump and also felt like he had more of a laissez-faire feeling? On the other hand, I still lowkey like what he did early on here in a way where it felt like he was genuinely getting into some important mechanics, so I'm disregarding that thought for the moment and leaving my read where it is!!!

20. Arapocalypse

Arapocalypse Muggle

I disagree with this; it's a very mechanically complex setup for which in retrospect I feel I really should have expected some sort of meta to have sprung up around already, but I didn't think it'd be safe to ask!!

Though I guess technically they could have discussed it in mafia chat already?

Regardless, not something which I think is a slam dunk, but on the other hand I do somewhat like the particular way this vote from nutella actually came about, through Macdougall!!!!!