1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

TinyHunt 10

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Sep 29, 2020.

1. Arapocalypse

Arapocalypse Muggle

Interesting... what are your reads on the three of Lyric/Grapefruit/Gira independently?

I'm a bit surprised at the dichotomies being drawn between them because, well, maybe it's just that I personally don't do w/w or w/v dichotomies early? So I didn't really think much of it initially and even now, still not changing much... but it being brought up again does make me wonder if perhaps it should!!!

2. Arapocalypse

Arapocalypse Muggle

Fluffiness, what are your thoughts/how much have you read of the game? I know you said you forgot about it earlier, but you've popped in a couple of times since; would be interested in knowing where you're at on the game!!!!

3. Arapocalypse

Arapocalypse Muggle

When you're around, why the Waco v read?

Hoping you don't have tendonitis!!!!

4. Arapocalypse

Arapocalypse Muggle

Waco when you're around, can you elaborate on your thoughts regarding Grape, and also Gira?

Also, when you say w=/=w, do you mean they're likely not partners, or that you think one of them is partners...? It sounded like earlier in the game you meant that they aren't partners, but what are your reads on the pair independent of each other?

5. Grapefruit21

Grapefruit21 Muggle

Okay you are correct. Despite was the wrong word. I meant was there anything that felt like parroting apart from it being the second vote.

I asked this specific way because when I voted second I asked a rather pointed question before anyone else had posted after Lyric. So while I voted second I poked at Lyric first. I also don't think two people pushing the same thing within 5 minutes of each other is inherently suspicious.

6. Arapocalypse

Arapocalypse Muggle

People who have played this before
    Ampharos
    Cobalt
    Fluffiness
    Fontisian
    Grapefruit
    Vaimes
    Waco Kid

People who have not played this before
    Arapocalypse*
    Cuthalion
    Gira
    Lissa
    Lyric
    Nutella

For potential future reference; may or may not come in handy, but if so... it's here!!!

Some of the bottom were not entirely confirmed, just informed guesses!!

7. Ampharos

Ampharos Muggle

I subbed out D1 in my only other game of this. I have no idea what I'm doing.

Waco's v because he's cheeky and I like it.

8. Cuthalion

Cuthalion Squib

The "cuth said, howling" and then the meme post.

9. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Is Cuth actually finally town, or is he going straight for the pocket? I'm going to make a joke about both that and my inability to make actual decisions.

10. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

I've skimmed the first few pages. I'll probably actually read them properly either later today or never, depending on how I feel.

11. Cuthalion

Cuthalion Squib

Answer my question and then I'll tell you why I said what I said and then I think we'll be good.

12. Gira

Gira Muggle

Why do you want it so bad now?

13. fontisian

Bruh, that was the answer.

14. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

Essentially I asked because you're scum-reading him, but effectively pushing him away from the Lynch with the number of lump votes he already had. It'd be hypocritical of me to to say the double lump/yeet is something you shouldn't do, given I've done it in the past. I just think Vaimes, going for lump, knows he's going to get some votes for it anyway, is somewhat more likely from town!Vaimes given that. I don't particularly love Vaimes as a lump choice from a witch!hunting standpoint, because I feel like he's someone I can more easily get a read on in a Day or so if need be, and would prefer to try and clear a slot where I might have more issues. I mean, there's always the reverse where witch!Vaimes knows it looks towny for him to go for it, and does figuring he can push it to someone else later, but that's a bit deeper than I care to dive right now, and I think I can catch it later if need be.

Also, unless I missed it, you didn't mention the planning to vote/lump the same person until after I asked

w=/=w is me saying I don't think they are witches together. So I'm thinking either v/v or v/w. In general it's a bit of a dichotomy, where the one who I have as less towny of the duo has a slightly > random chance of being a witch, but it's nothing hard. Admittedly that kind of read sort of bit my in the ass last game, where I correctly identified an early Sloth/Cuth interaction as not w/w, had them both on the town side of null, with Cuth slightly higher, and then got in trouble because it turned out I was right, and there was 1 wolf in the duo, but it was Cuth who I thought was more towny of the duo, which made me really late to the party, and some people scum read me for that (One or two town read me for it too, but yeah).

As I mentioned earlier, I like what I've seen from Nutella a fair bit, and my vote is where it is, if that answers your question

15. Cuthalion

Cuthalion Squib

Oh. Hang on a second while I get retrofitted for a new brain, clearly it's been a long time coming.

I was worried (and still am, a little) about how you went from >not making read >wolfreading (this is maybe not best thing to call it but it's what it was) >posting image that implied there was complicated thought process, when I didn't think that particular moment called for any huge complications, and the "tying together diverse ideas into a picture" feel from the meme seemed over the top considering the lack of nuance in the previous post and, again, the fact that I thought formulating a read on me would be easier for you than it seems to have been.

There's a good chance we both just out-leveled each other as villagers, but.

16. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

Waco Kid
    Vaimes
    Nutella

Lyric
    Lissa
    Grapefruit

Gira
    Fontisian

Fluffiness
    Cuthalion
    Cobalt

Arapocalypse
    Ampharos

17. nutella

nutella Muggle

My thought process was sort of, the two Gs were my top suspects, so if I start from the assumption they are w/w, should the needle be moved from realizing they went after the same person with more or less identical reasoning? Like, do I think they'd be so blatantly in lockstep there, or accidentally coordinated? And my thinking was that it's not out of the realm of possibility but does make them somewhat less likely teammates, so the next conclusion is that hopefully I'm right on at least one and they're v/w, and perhaps grape was taking advantage of gira's push on lyric. I'm not sure of the timing though and if he'd seen it, and regardless it could be coincidental or they just had an actual mindmeld, but I'm confbiased into finding wolf motive in at least one of them. Plus, yes, I townread lyric -- her entrance and thoughts felt genuine.

18. fontisian

Your reads are upside down.

19. Cuthalion

Cuthalion Squib

Yes.

20. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

Facts.