1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Plot Bunny Threa(d/t) V

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by Dark Minion, Mar 1, 2015.

1. Mordecai

Mordecai Drunken Scotsman –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    We don't know, it's an assumption on my part, but it makes sense that he would be. As a "just in case" thing.

2. aAlouda

aAlouda High Inquisitor

According to a Pottermore Article something like that happened once when a Prime Minister told others about magic.

3. Agayek

Agayek Dimensional Trunk DLP Supporter

I mean, it's not like it matters if Trump would tell anyone. He'd have no proof, and the obliviators would ensure he continues to have no proof forever. If he started rambling about wizards and crap, people would just think he was senile, not that there actually was a cabal of secret wizards floating around.

4. Mordecai

High Score:
    I don't know, just think what the MAGA crowd would do if he announced that witches were living amongst them, and even worse if he said they were conspiring against America. Even if everyone else in the world laughed at him and said he was going senile...there's a solid chunk of the American right who would believe him and start modern day witch hunts.

5. James

James Unspeakable

One of the stories I’m “planning not writing” is a real soul bond fic between Harry, Ginny and diary Tom Riddle.

Harry Potter, stops dying in the chamber. He opens his eyes and sees ginny, lying on the floor, and now fully corporeal Tom, bith with their eyes opened. He sees the ceiling of the chamber. He sees the ceiling of the chamber from different vantage point. He moves to stand up, looking for something to hold onto with his right hand, and both Ginny and Tom move their right hands. He stands, and they both stand.

simply said, Ginny and diary!tom are gone, and we now have one Harry Potter with three bodies.

There’s multiple things that could be done from here, based on what’s the mood and genre, and what are the exact rules for the soul merge or overtake:
    - does harry know how to control three bodies instinctively, or does he need to learned that first? (Cue mind arts and/or grace period of weird behavior for harry and ginny. Tom might stay in the chamber)
    - what does this mean for his magic? Does he get toms skills? What of his personality? (No voices in the head, it’s a singular soul)
    - what does this mean for the spells detecting magic? Does tom’s nearly adult body mean the trace no longer apply, or does it mean that tom can’t use the magic, until Harry is 17, outside of magical places?
    - if it’s more character based: what does this mean in relation to weasley family? How will he act (does he have ginny’s memories?) moreover, what does this mean for his sexuality? One body is a girl, one a boy, and one is mostly asexual.
    - if it’s more of an action fic: how great can a wizard get if he has three bodies? The opportunity to learn multiple things, the insane coordination available for a three body team?

there’s many ways this could go: from character fic dealing with the sadness of basically killing ginny and dealing with random sexuality, through action fic ranging from “team of angels” to “noone can stand in our way”, to horror fic if he learns how to add bodies to his consciousness.

Name: “We are Harry Potter”

6. Donimo

Donimo Auror

I'm pretty sure I've read this.

7. James

James Unspeakable

Then link it. I'd like to read it, if it's written well.

8. BTT

BTT Viol̀e͜n̛t͝ D̶e͡li͡g҉h̛t҉s̀ ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Taure's In Essence Divided, I think?

9. James

James Unspeakable

Ah. "Updated: Jul 2, 2012", four chapters, unfinished and removed in 2016

Doesn't count. :D

10. Inkwell

Inkwell Squib

Plot bunny that wouldn't leave my head so I wrote about it:

An ordinary Muggleborn student is sorted into Ravenclaw at the same time as Harry himself begins school. This student is not a part of Harry's friend group and does not know him. The events of canon will happen, but just seen from an outsider's point of view.

I already committed a canon goof when I made my main character become friends with Luna Lovegood (I forgot she's supposed to be one year younger than Harry). Oh well, what is done is done.

11. Churchey

Churchey Supreme Mugwump

This bit from reddit in response to the unbelievability of Harry chalking up jumping/apparating onto the roof as a bit of wind, his hair growing back immediately, etc, being a ton of gaslighting from the Dursleys:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/harrypotter/comments/iuywxg/unobservant_narrator/g5osfyw/

12. TheWiseTomato

TheWiseTomato Prestigious Tomato ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Started weak, finished strong.

13. ExperiencedGamer

ExperiencedGamer Fourth Year

Tom Bombadil? Hmm... nice. :D Didn't expect a crossover until I read the 'hairy-toed youths' part.

14. Lion

Lion Denarii Host DLP Supporter

Schadenfreude, and Other Lessons on Attaining Divinity

Hello,

My name is Thomas Marvolo Riddle, and I am not the bad guy. My story is not what you have been told.

-----------------------

The morning after Voldemort's defeat Harry receives a letter. Inside is a tale that is so outlandish he's forced to look deeper. Leading to a vault that contains a book and three Pensieve vials. What do Voldemort's memories and Schadenfreude have to do with Divinity?

15. Andrela

Andrela Plot Bunny DLP Supporter

Up until visiting Gringotts with Hagrid everything goes as canon. However when Harry's vault is opened, it's almost entirely empty except various documents showing that Harry's parents left him with massive debt.

The money he gets for books and other school supplies is from Hogwarts (and is to be returned when he's 17).

When Harry learns about the Philosopher's Stone, it becomes very tempting for him to use it.

16. Mordecai

High Score:
    That'd be pretty decent as a starter for a more independent minded Harry. You could write it with him constantly facing reminders of his debts - monthly statements from Gringotts showing the increases in the value of the loans, debt collectors insisting on a meeting with him and trying to force him into an unbreakable bond (only narrowly being saved by McGonagall), you could even add something like those children whose schooling costs are paid for out of the Hogwarts fund have to wear a different style of uniform or a badge on their robes. He gets put on the quidditch team in his first year, but only because Wood writes home and gets his parents to owl him his old broom, so Harry plays on a beat up Cleansweep 5 that was Wood's older cousins and then Wood's before being passed on to Harry.

Gives you an interesting direction to take Ron's character as well. How does he react to finding out that the hero himself is poorer than the Weasleys?

17. Andrela

He could become more business oriented. In fact, if Lockhart comes around then Harry could be tempted to get some money via him (interviews, photos, etc).

18. Mordecai

High Score:
    Haha, yeah. Summer after his 1st year he signs a contract with Zonko's to produce a Harry Potter Fighting Death Eaters action figure in his image, and a Harry Potter the Quidditch Player action figure, with royalty payments going to his debtors. From Lockhart he gets the idea of selling signed photos for a galleon a pop, and takes out an advert in the Daily Prophet. He also decides to publish his autobiography-so-far, and starts writing it age 12.

19. aAlouda

aAlouda High Inquisitor

It's funny to imagine how Snape would react to this.

20. Andrela

"Of course Potter left his child poor!"

He wins the Triwizard Tournament and all the winnings go to Gringotts.