1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Genshin Impact

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Gengar, Oct 8, 2020.

1. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Ok, I've waited long enough before starting this thread.

Is anyone else here playing this game? Are you as addicted as I am? Did you bounce off it?

Are you a horrible person like me and blow your gaming budget for months on summoning on a banner you don't even need...?

2. Sauce Bauss

Sauce Bauss Second Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    So Syao and Lucky mentioned this to me and I put an hour or two into it tonight. Seems okay, but hasn't really grabbed me. I like the art, the gameplay is whatever and I have zero desire to spend any money on it yet. We'll see if I keep playing I guess.

3. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Yes. It's great. The difficulty (way too low) could use some work, the camera is shit, and the puzzles are garbage, but I love exploring through this world.

Combat is simple but satisfying, and the level design is glorious, especially in Liyue. Just look at these fuckers.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Haven't felt any need to spend money A) because I got Jean first roll and she is the game's best 'Jack of All Trades' and B) because minus Amber, the free chars are all pretty decent.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2020
  4. Gengar

High Score:
    What World Level are you?

The difficulty starts to ramp up, and that's where the genius of this game really started to shine for me.

You get to a point where keeping only one unit out is very, very counter intuitive. You need to start relying on character combos, elemental reactions and strategy to set up wombo combos. It's SO satisfying.

5. Nazgoose

Nazgoose The Honky-tonk ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter DLP Gold Supporter

High Score:
    Could someone give a tl;dr on what it's like? Art seems pretty but I've seen so many ads that I wrote it off entirely.

6. KHAAAAAAAN!!

High Score:
    World 3 I believe? Adventure L30. Mid lvl 50s on most chars. All elites unlocked and conquered.

And yes I combo frequently. LisaBarbLisa BarbKaeyaLisa XianlingLisa and JeanAnyone has let me absolutely steamroll all available content so far. I occasionally swap in Noelle or GeoTraveler or Amber as the situation requires, but yeah.

I have not fully wiped a single time.

7. KHAAAAAAAN!!

High Score:
    Its literally anime-style Breath of the Wild. On mobile.

8. ScottPress

ScottPress The Horny Sovereign –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I can't find it in the Play Store. Region locked?

9. Rehio

Rehio Bad Dragon ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I prefer it on PC; works wonderfully.

Hit AR 24. Feel like I'm going slow, really. Everyone's out there optimizing chest paths and researching the best ways to grind and I'm just going off on quest lines I run into.

10. ScottPress

ScottPress The Horny Sovereign –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    "Your device isn't compatible with this version"

Well then fuck you too

11. Gengar

High Score:
    You get to a point where you have no quests left to do, anywhere. The chest routes are there so people can farm AR. I despise it too and I've only done it when I'm really close to a level.

12. Gengar

High Score:
    Wiping isn't really a problem, and I don't consider wiping to be a sign of 'difficulty.' You just get to a point where whacking away at people doesn't work because they have too much health and often, you're incentivized not to take ten minutes.

I like to describe the combat as Stance Dancing. Each character being a particular 'stance.' You don't lead in with your main DPS, but your setup characters.

I love going in as Mona and dropping her aoe Taunt, then Fischl to drop Oz on the best target, maybe get a few hits on if something is about to die, then Barbara to apply her E for no other reason than to trigger her weapon's effect, which gives the next character to swap in +48% attack for 10 seconds (that's a three star weapon btw! OPPPP). Then Keqing comes in and murders everything, especially if I had Mona's ult up and wove that in there too.

There's no rush for anyone wanting to get in. The story has barely been started and the longer you wait, the more content you'll have if/when you start, which means getting Adventure Rank much faster (story is the quickest way to get AR).

My main cockblock atm is AR, and needing to gear a second DPS to do Spiral Abyss.

A bit annoyed about needing 2 teams.

13. Clerith

Clerith Ahegao Emperor ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I've been almost nolifing it.

Breath of the Wild, anime waifu rpg. I loved my story playthrough of it, but once you hit the endgame grind, the gacha trappings become all too visible. Pulls are extremely expensive, have super low rates, and the daily stamina system (resin) is needed for almost everything other than farming basic mats and shit chests.

It's f2p for a good 50-60 hours of content that was fun, which is great. But having to pay for a small chance to get the characters you want (if you want them all, you're looking at like ~2k cash), and gating 95% of progress beyond the slowly regenerating stamina system makes me mostly play for 30 minutes a day... and then play on my reroll accounts. Jesus, I need help.

Yeah. If this was a full price game with zero gacha mechanics, I'd recommend it. As it is... well, it's f2p, so give it a try. Just try not to get suckered into spending inordinate amounts of money on it.

The future patches will probably determine whether I'll keep playing it for a long time, or eventually drop it, due to the endgame drought and limitations. I need a game I can play for hours, not minutes.

I really love how it looks and plays. It plagiarized a lot of the good parts of other games.

14. Clerith

High Score:
    Yes, this hits f2p players pretty hard.

My main account has Venti (and Fischl), but no other good units. I'm especially lacking any claymore dps (other than Noelle). I got unlucky with 4* swords from my pulls, which nobody in my main team uses. I put a lot of time and effort into this account, but I feel like I got a bad hand, and it's hard to progress right now. Hard to make a decent second team, my main team is still lacking a real carry, and all the fucking mats to upgrade a second team when my main is still lacking so much in artifacts, ascensions, weapons, talents...

The 'bad luck' is like half the motivation to play my second account, who rolled Razor (a claymore carry I like), Qiqi (5* healer, great with Razor), Fischl, Xiangling, Barbara, Sucrose and Xingqiu. I have a carry I like, two healers, and easier time making two teams. Just need to fully explore the entire damn map again. ...I really don't want to play two accounts simultaneously though.

15. Gengar

High Score:
    You need to have some impulse control. You 'only' need 90 Intertwined Fates to guarantee a Limited Banner's 5*, and you might get it in half that (50% chance to, but it'll be a 5* regardless).

(Note: I have no impulse control)

It sounds like a lot, but if you funnel all your primogems into intertwined fates they add up, and banners last for a long time. Wasting primos on Acquaint Fates and using it on that banner is just throwing them away. So yeah, people can whale and get more but I don't think it's necessary. Especially if you rerolled in the beginning to get a 5*

The bigger issue is the Resin. It feels horrible when you have nothing to do (EVEN AFTER MINING THE ENTIRE MAP) because you have no Resin. It doesn't belong in this game. It's not designed like other gacha to be played peacemeal, it's a world we're supposed to inhabit and explore.

They should restrict Resin to only be needed for bosses (the elemental dudes, wolf-chan and stormterror). Everything else you should be able to farm infinitely (everything else being Domains basically) while the mora and adventurer XP should have limited spawns each day.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2020
  16. Gengar

High Score:
    Why'd you roll a second account? Did you really have no one on the first? Razor is probably one of the better 4* carry DPS, but there are others you can use. Bidou and Chongyun are very good too, especially the latter given we're supposedly getting a free 5* cryo sword user at AR42.

Ninnguang is also one of my fav units and an awesome carry... problem is I really don't like Geo. They need to do something about that elemental reaction, there is no 'unavoidable' damage so the shields seem utterly pointless - even against those annoying sandshrew like enemies that spin everywhere...

As a bit of advise. I think if you had bad luck in initial pulls I'd stop rolling on any banner right now and start saving. Xiao's banner is either next or the one after the Terrorist Loli. He looks like he'll be an incredible carry and, more importantly, really fun to play.

17. Clerith

High Score:
    I made 20 accounts, leveled them all to AR7, and played with the best hand I got. One Venti and one Jean, I made the Venti account my main and played it to ar32 (I've been slacking the past 3 days, hence why I'm so low). But then I rolled the 1600 free gems we got from the daily mail on the reroll accounts I still had... and rolled a much better starting roster on one of them (the aforementioned Razor + Qiqi combo). My Venti account got 3 4* weapons I can't use, Fischl, Xiangling dupe, Beidou (way worse than Razor) and I did just get Ninguang. But that's kinda it. Venti is really good, but everything else is freebies/meh.

Since I'll be mostly f2p (the 5,5€ monthly blessing is worth it), I mostly wanted a good core of starting units.

You can live with the low pull rates as a f2p, sure, though I do kinda recommend rerolling for a 5* (+ ideally a carry you like), even if it sucks the soul out of you. I wish I could just pay like 60€ for all the characters... but I suppose it wouldn't be an extremely profitable gacha money making machine that way.

Resin is indeed the biggest problem the game has. My best recommendation/hope would also be to drop the resin requirement from regular domains - let me farm artifacts, weapon mats and talent mats as much as I want. Keep it for the world bosses to gate character ascension progress.

18. Gengar

High Score:
    At least dupes are hype as fuck. The constellations are straight amazing.

I got Fischl to Const7, it's so fucking powerful.

So much so I might be saving until a Keqing banner and go ham on it for const alone.

Lol fuck off Gengar there's no way you can stop yourself on rolling on banners you degenerate swine.

19. Clerith

High Score:
    I'm honestly way too tempted to drop some money in hopes of getting a carry I like, but the emptiness and disappointment I'll feel if I don't...

20 wishes costs 55€. And that's probably going to be a 4* dupe and a 4* useless weapon. First purchase gets double, but still... 20 fucking pulls for 55€. I can buy another game with that price. It's pretty hard to justify. Oh so tempting, though. The game is really addicting.

20. Gengar

High Score:
    I got so, so lucky getting Keqing. If you're gonna drop some cash, see if you're still interested in the game when Xiao banner comes out. At least then you can guarantee a carry.

And a chad AF husbando.

Childe looks like he might be really good too and apparently he's on the beta right now, but no idea when he's coming. His E lets him change from his bow to daggers and vice versa, and his ultimate changes based on which weapon he has out. Pretty fun.