1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Minecraft

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Feoffic, Sep 14, 2010.

1. ScottPress

ScottPress The Horny Sovereign –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    If you don't travel with an ender chest full of shulkers, you're doing it wrong. And you don't have to use all the new blocks anyway. Now you'll (hopefully) be able to stack bundles into shulkers into an ender chest. That's a big backpack.

SNOWIER SNOW

2. Steelbadger

Steelbadger Death Eater

I have played Minecraft on-and-off since the early days (first Java, now Bedrock), but this weekend I defeated the Ender dragon for the first time in a survival world. Despite being heavily overprepared, I still just about managed to die more than once. Also, after watching so many Lets Plays on Youtube of people defeating the Ender dragon, I thought hitting those bloody end crystals would be far easier. I ended up giving up on the bow plan and had to tower up to each of them individually because apparently I suck major balls with the bow.

This also marks the first time I've ever owned shulker boxes or an elytra. What a time to be alive.

3. Erotic Adventures of S

Erotic Adventures of S Denarii Host

Shulker boxes are game changers. Elytra is nice but rockets are a pain in the arse and you must have mending and I breaking on it.

4. ScottPress

High Score:
    When I fight the first Ender Dragon in a world, I bring enchanted diamond gear, an enchanted bow (from fishing), potions, 2 water buckets, golden apples, a bed, an ender chest and some stacks of blocks.

1) bed in the portal room in stronghold, click the bed
    2) establish safe home base on End island
    3) infinite water source
    4) cover area between obsidian pillars with water, two reasons: repel Slendermen, provide safe fall when you inevitably get knocked off one of the towers (because I can't do MLG water)

I don't always fight 19 dragons in a row to spawn all the portals, but when I do, I wear Netherite gear, bring an unreasonable amount of potions and enchanted apples and rockets.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2020
  5. Steelbadger

Steelbadger Death Eater

Yeah, I went in with full Netherite, fairly heavily enchanted. I only brought one bucket which proved completely useless as despite some attempts to practice using it I was hopeless. Fortunately the feather falling on my boots was enough, and I didn't get kicked up too far. A few health potions and a bunch of golden apples proved very useful when I managed to aggro half a dozen endermen (I elected not to go for the pumpkin head thing).

Fortunately, Mending is like the one useful enchanted book my harem of villagers is able to produce. Still trying to get an Unbreaking III though. I'm thinking my next plan will be to try and make a creeper farm. That's definitely going to be a big project for me though. I decided to try and build a kind of castle-town around a really nice natural bay on my mushroom island, but in a moment of insanity decided to make it out of blackstone.

As a result, it currently has about 2/3rds of a tower and 1/3rd of a wall segment. Now that I have shulker boxes, though, I can make a much better job of mining blackstone.

6. Erotic Adventures of S

I'd just go for a general Mob grinder, they are much easier to make and can give a good amount of gun powder as well as the rest of the mob drops.

7. ScottPress

High Score:
    Badger is on Bedrock and classic dark room farms don't work on this version because spawn mechanics are meant to be easier for lower end devices to handle. For example, ocean monument have 25 permanent spawn points for guadians, which actually makes it much, much easier to build a guardian farm than on Java, but if you want a dark room spawner, you'd pretty much have to clear a huge area of all possible spawnable spaces and force the spawn into one location...

I'm currently trying to do that on my Realm. It's easily the biggest project I've ever taken on.

8. Steelbadger

Steelbadger Death Eater

After being thoroughly shamed by @ScottPress's impressive builds, I decided to make some real-inroads on my blackstone keep plans. It's still early days, but I tore down what I had, and built up a new, larger design:

[​IMG]

While it's nothing terribly impressive, I'm really pleased with how the bridge worked out between the two gateway towers. It's at a 2:1 angle, and getting a decent looking curve on that angle was very annoying, considering I didn't have any kind of real plan.

My plan (such as it is) is to encircle a fairly large section of the island around the cove. I'll then build a big keep on the top of the hill overlooking the bay, and hopefully fill the area inside the walls with town-stuff.

This may take some time.

9. ScottPress

High Score:
    I dig that. I really need to try a castle build myself.

10. Erotic Adventures of S

On a Mooshroom island I see, a man of culture.

11. Steelbadger

Steelbadger Death Eater

I'm a busy man, I don't have time to deal with mobs. Except Mooshrooms. They're precious darlings who need to be protected.

In other news, gone through some more shulker boxes full of blackstone to get the main keep area 60% done (externally, at least. Detailing is still to be done):

[​IMG]

Probably another 5 shulkers of blackstone needed to complete the keep + walls I reckon. Then I want to fill in some of the bay, and create a town of some description on the reclaimed land. I'll need to make sure I light it up properly, however, as Drowned are already a regular annoyance.

12. ScottPress

High Score:
    I've built a second map room (has all my maps on the floor instead of the walls) and a second emerald beacon. Reclaimed two and half stacks of iron for my trouble. Villager trading is going well.

Next on the agenda are probably netherwart and sea pickle farms. Netherwart is straightforward, sea pickle will take some redstone trickery, ugh. I am however almost done with the farms I want to include on my island.

13. ScottPress

High Score:
    My nether network has been on hiatus for a while and I hit a bit of burnout working in the overworld, so this has been a nice change, just working on fast travel tunnels and building a portal room at each destination.

14. ScottPress

High Score:
    First update on 2021 is a look at some recent additions to the base. Most of these are in the underground complex.

Cow & sheep farm, finally Cow Sheep Farm.png

All of my best gear
    Gear.png

A view of the underground halls
    Hall 1.png Hall 2.png

Twin structure to the above 2 images, same column design, color scheme sort of reversed
    Hall 3.png

New map room. Maps all easily viewable on the floor
    Map Room.png

Newest addition: netherwart farm
    Netherwart Farm.png

Pumpkin & melon automatic farm
    Pumpkin Melon Farm.png

The Great Big Desert Pit The Great Desert Pit.png

I've been digging in a desert, I've been digging in the Nether, I've been building underground. I think it's time to build something above ground, so the base actually looks like it's changing. Next update will probably be about terraforming, or I might have a new build on the base to show you.

15. Alindrome

Alindrome A bigger, darker mark DLP Supporter Retired Staff

I dig the colour scheme in the underground halls, looks cool.

16. ScottPress

High Score:
    I'm watching this survival series on YT and on one hand I like the builds enough to keep watching, on the other, the entire city this guy is building is brown and gray. Wood and stone bricks and andesite.

I could never do this. Brown and gray. Gray and brown. And some more gray. Bleh.

17. Alindrome

Alindrome A bigger, darker mark DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Yeah, the world's gloomy enough already. I feel that way too. It's why I've got so much lurid art up. Inject some colour directly into my eyeballs!

On that note, I look forward to seeing your next technicolour pizza :p

18. ScottPress

High Score:
    New house for villagers on my island. After years of watching better builders on YT build houses in this style, I decided to give it a shot. As I was building I thought I had the proportions totally off. The base seemed too puny supporting this ridiculously steep roof, but apparently ridiculously steep roofs look fantastis in Minecraft because this honestly came out better than I expected. Replacing some plank blocks with warped netherwart blocks and sticking soul lanterns on the roof was an unplanned inspired idea after I had already called the exterior complete (no interior yet).

@Steelbadger you still building your blackstone fortress?

@Alindrome whatcha think? not a giant pizza, but I tried to stay away from the drab stone brick+spruce style. Though I did use spruce and stone.

[​IMG]

bonus leftover floating warped tree in the background because this build needed so much warped wood

19. Erotic Adventures of S

Looks fantastic, you just little a touch of landscapping to really tie the build into the world. A path, some bushes. Looks really good.

20. ScottPress

High Score:
    Landscaping will have to wait a while yet. I need to do the interior, capture some villagers, then install a minecart system to be able to transport them down to the trading hall.

There's also some more open space left on the island. I want to fill that up with builds, then landscaping will finally fill the spaces in between. Been working on the island for 2 years now, so I'm not in a rush lol.