1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Genshin Impact

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Gengar, Oct 8, 2020.

1. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    They are pretty rare. Of my 40 yellows I think I've had about 5 that were natural 4 stat. Only 1 of those has had a good substat distribution.

2. KHAAAAAAAN!!

High Score:
    So this event is basically "lel go farm 60+ nodes a day; have fun". Mihoyo has amazing character and set designers, but holy fuck do their content people suck ass.

3. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    50/50 for me they have 3 or 4. I don't notice an overwhelming amount of one or the other. I'm farming max level domains though, so that might be it.

4. Krieger

Krieger Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

Event is definitely worth it as for as Heros Wit is concerned, especially since the second part is unlocked. Smashing it out. Prob just saving them for AR 50 though :/

5. Gengar

High Score:
    upload_2020-11-18_19-44-36.png

lol Childe. Only 'buff' was a Venti elemental resist debuff. Dude's a monster.

6. Rehio

Rehio Bad Dragon ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    So you're telling me Mona was a mistake, and I should be using Childe instead?

7. diesIovis

diesIovis Seventh Year

Mona got me a 70k crit today and not like I have any good artifacts/weapons, so she's perfectly fine.

8. Averis

Averis Don of Delivery ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I love this game, but you guys are making me feel pretty self-conscious about how much I suck at it, lol. I'm playing on PS4, AR 39 (should hit 40 today). Only have 2 5 star characters - Keqing and Qiqi and the latter is only at level 50 atm. Rolling some combo of Keqinq, Fischl, Anemo Traveler, Xiangling (has the only 5 star weapon, Serpent Spine? I think), Barbara and then Qiqi for certain fights until I get her levelled higher. I have enjoyed playing the game and I've recently had a lot more time to invest in it, but I don't see myself at AR50 til next year lol.

There are things I can't get enough of and then shit that is ridiculous and I wish I could kill. Childe, for one, kicking my ass and then I have to sit through that damn dialogue again. I accidentally killed my Anemo Resonance Stone right after making it (funny, but stupid as fuck) and I think its dumb you can't just do all three bounties at once and come back for the reward. Also, the load times on PS4 are horrendous - I should have been playing PC. Still, definitely having lots of fun and completely F2P.

9. KHAAAAAAAN!!

High Score:
    The Childe fight is quite difficult just because he hits so hard even on 80s. Level up your qiqi/Barbara, use liberal food, and just stall kill him by dropping xiang's bear / run away. Don't bother with extensive melee.

Also, why you doing the tier 1 and 2 bounties? You can do 3 of the tier 3. Ruin hunters and the giant churl are pretty easy to kill in terms of moveset.

10. diesIovis

diesIovis Seventh Year

Anemo resonance stones are one time use only as far as I know, so they're meant to break and then you have to make more... Best to use some interactive map and find them that way.

11. Rehio

Rehio Bad Dragon ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    My problem is that I never kept up with marking them, so now I have no idea which actually exist or not.

Finished my Amenoculus. Just have like 10 geo to go. Farming the mats to make radars is worth it to finally get this done.

12. Gengar

High Score:
    There's kinda no point in levelling Qiqi beyond a certain point unless you've run out of things to do.

It's really important in early game to funnel your resources into your carries (like Keqing and Xiangling), then your healers, then your support (support are characters that swap in to use their skill then swap out, mostly).

Which characters do you have? Rarity doesn't normally denote power. There are plenty of 4* that are better than 5* as carries except for the untouchables (Keqing, Diluc, Klee and Childe). Characters like Razor belong in that tier, and others like Xingqiu, Fischl and Xiangling are up there too.

Just remember there's no rush. Set goals for yourself and plan out your resin expenditure accordingly (get The Black Sword for Keqing btw. Are you totally f2p? The battle pass is pretty cheap and gives a lot of resources, that sword included).

13. Gengar

High Score:
    Looks like they're nerfing Childe in the story quest - good. It's either that or let you skip the cinematics, which I don't like as much bc that fight and the story around it felt really epic (not as epic as what follows, but still cool af)

14. Krieger

Krieger Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

Tbh I think this might be a problem of pc/console vs mobile being the one game. I actually enjoyed the Childe boss fight and didn't think it was that bad if you could actually dodge, but I am playing on PC. Can completely understand why people on mobile might have a problem with all the dodging etc, but beyond that?

15. Gengar

High Score:
    Higher difficulty is completely unplayable on mobile imo.

16. KHAAAAAAAN!!

High Score:
    On mobile. Had no problem. Dodging is a seemless tap.

The problem is he bonks away 3/4th of your health bar in a single hit, he's very fast,, and there are unavoidables. If you only have Barbara as a healer without jean/qiqi/diona to backup, keeping up can be problematic with just food. Thus the bulk of f2p crowd took to twitter and reddit to complain.

Also, thing of my day, just learned Jean can yeet enemies straight upward and then cause fall damage, which scales on max hp. Goodbye abyss mages in max Lvl Clear Mountain Pool.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2020
  17. Gengar

High Score:
    I still have no fucking idea how you get precision to dodge, attack and use skills without fat fingering with the constant dodging and repo required in end game content.

My guess is you're a hobbit.

18. KHAAAAAAAN!!

High Score:
    I'm 6ft, but I grant that I don't have fat fingers. I have those spindly piano player hands. And as I've shown, my S10 has a six inch screen and it makes the buttons quite big.

(Should probably also note that maining Jean with her amazeballs CC drastically reduces need to dodge.)

Combat was somewhat frustrating in the very beginning, but if you're only playing mobile without console or pc crossplay, you quickly develop the muscle memory to tap accurately and quickly adjust camera.

You also need to turn your sensitivity down to L1/L2 on mobile or everything is overtuned.

I bet if you went cold turkey on console and only played the mobile version, you'd get used to it in a few weeks.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2020
  19. Gengar

High Score:
    I have a Note 10 lol, it isn't the size of my screen.

20. KHAAAAAAAN!!

High Score:
    Your phone is taller than mine without being significantly wider. Which means different UI scaling from the whatever scaling algorithm the game is using. It is very possible your buttons are actually smaller.