1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Genshin Impact

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Gengar, Oct 8, 2020.

1. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

So far I've only been playing on my phone - my computer is screwy at the moment. I haven't had any trouble and it seems intuitive enough but I haven't made it into high end content yet.

On another note!
    So I'm AR32 and I've put roughly $25 into the game. I quit Spiral Abyss when I got to the bit that needs two teams (floor 5?) - since I couldn't afford to level up that many. I'm looking at it now though, since I'm not planning to put more money into this for a few weeks/months (and therefore can't count on getting any better characters).

Bennett is by far my favorite to play. Chongyun is second favorite. Those two are my mainstays and are up at level 60 along with Fischl.

How would you do a team make up? So far I've mostly been running Bennett, Chonyun, and Fischl with the 4th being Xiangling, Traveler, or Noelle.
    • Bennett (c2) - 60
    • Chongyun - 60
    • Fischl - 60
    • Traveler (c3/c2) - 50
    • Xiangling (c1) - 40
    • Noelle (c4) - 40
    • Niangguang (c1) - 20
    • Sucrose - 20
    • Kaeya - 20
    • Beidou - 20
    • Lisa - 20
    • Barbara (c1) - 20
    • Amber - 20
    I have 2x Wolf's Gravestones, currently with Chonyun and Noelle. Beidou has the Rainslasher but if I start to use her more I'll give her the other WG. Problem is that I'm not that interested in getting the timing down for Retribution with the counter-attacking (because half the time I'm just playing with my phone for a bit while lazing around). I could do it, but it seems like a form of combat I'd have to pay more attention to (by far?).

Thoughts? I'm thinking - Bennett / Xiangling / Noelle / Traveler & Chongyun / Kaeya / Fischl / Barbara ? - But I have no idea. Sucrose and Beidou and Niangguang are tempting, even if if Niangguang's playstyle annoys me.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2020
  2. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Tbh, not much point doing spiral until you have two dps chars extremely well built with good damage focused upgraded yellow artifacts and leveled to 70/80. The health pool increase on each floor is just huge. As you are, you'll be able to get to Floor 6 or 7 then likely stall out.

You have to adapt each team to each floor's changing composition, so start building everyone after you're finished with your main two damage dealers (not amber she is useless beyond pyro puzzles and taunt). Of this group, build your Noelle and Barb first because you need a healer on each team. Barb should typically be on your weaker team and should be given Thrilling Tales 3star weapon. Noelle needs Whiteblind and Maiden or Retracing.

Anemo traveler or Sucrose with Viridescent set is a very safe investment and will work in any elemental focused comp.

Fischl and Xiangling are great in any comp, be they dps or support and are especially good with some constellations under their belt.

If you're using chongyun, you won't need kaeya. The double cryo crit buff isn't really worth it unless that team is stacking crit and crit damage already.

Ning and beidou can get big dps numbers and will be good with pretty much everyone, but they require specific sets with specific substats to do so.

3. Krieger

Krieger Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

Dual floor spiral abyss is 100% doable even as f2p. Check out Enviosity on youtube, and his f2p spiral abyss guides. Good to check out anyway because I wasn't really paying attention to my elemental reactions properly and learnt a lot just from watching him.

Most annoying part would be getting the right artifacts on f2p, but he only uses 2 geared dps characters and lots of underleveled characters, and they are all 100% f2p.

4. Ched

He didn’t say f2p was a problem?

He said there wasn’t a point this early in the game but still gave his thoughts.

Cheers

5. Krieger

Yeah was responding to your post, didn't even see his post when I posted mine since he only posted it 2-3 minutes before me. Was referring to the fact that you were talking about having two teams and not being able to level up full teams to clear, I was trying to help by saying you only need to level two characters instead of a full team. But no worries.

6. Ched

Yeah there’a a misunderstanding somewhere - I’m not rushing in this game and trying to do things in the right order or most effective format.

I have never doubted that all the content is fully doable in f2p. Do people think it isn't?

Thanks tho! Still a good rec I'm sure. Will check it out later.

@KHAAAAAAAN!! - thanks! Perfect info.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2020
  7. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    A hugely underrated F2P friendly team that many people are sleeping on is the PhysDmg Crescent Pike XiangLing team, and you absolutely have the characters to do it.

It revolves around crafting XiangLing the Crescent Pike weapon. It's a spear whose substat is PhysDmg% that also has the effect of increasing attack dmg by 20% every time you pick up an elemental particle. It's an insanely strong weapon.

You combine that with a team that inflicts Superconduct (reduces enemy phys resistance by 40% for 10 seconds). You need a cryo non-ChongYun unit and an Electro unit. I'd use Kaeya and Fischl here. (You can't use ChongYun for this because while he can proc Superconduct with his E too, it turns all your physical attacks into cryo and you don't benefit from the phys resist down debuff).

Your dps rotation would be Fischl's E (Oz) -> Kaeya E -> Xiangling E (Guba) -> Start spamming attack on Xiangling. Oz into Kaeya will inflict super conduct to set you up, and with Oz's persistance, Guba will generate Elemental Particles to for the 20% attack boost.

It's an incredibly powerful team comp that literally only requires resource investment on Xiangling, and all of it f2p (Kaeya and FIschl can literally be lvl1). As for her Art setups, try and go for 2-piece Bloodstained Chivalry and 2-piece Gladiator/(Berserker instead of Glad for an easier option) or just 4-piece Glad will work fine. You'll want a helm with crit rate%, timepiece with atk% and goblet with phys dmg%.

The other team makes itself. Bennett is a monster. Get him a Crimwon Witch set and combine with Chong Yun for Melt Spam. You will murder a lot with this. Esp if you get Sucrose the Viridescent Venerer set like Khan recs and drop the enemy's pyro/cryo resist.

8. KHAAAAAAAN!!

High Score:
    I really really really want Sucrose so I can abuse VV. Jean just doesn't work well in that set.

Unrelated: Holy shit Jean's gale blast fall damage. I'm dunking 60k-80k every 5 seconds on the chonky chunk enemies in abyss.

Edit: @Gengar do you know how long the superconduct debuff lasts? I see some people say 3 seconds, some say 5, some say 8.

Edit2: I hate that events continue to use resin. Fuck you, Mihoyo.

9. Gengar

High Score:
    I thought it was closer to 10, so wtf do I know?

Buff tracking is a big issue in this game that needs to be resolved.

And yeah, Jean shouldn't be using VV set. I think I'm gonna build mine full healer with Maiden's, I have enough DPS and she's an amazing healer.

10. Krieger

New code for 50 gems GOLNXLAKC58

11. KHAAAAAAAN!!

High Score:
    Where yall findin these? Are they announced on facebook/twitter or something?

12. Krieger

My mate is gengar * 100 with gacha. He messages me and I pass it on. So no idea tbh.

13. diesIovis

diesIovis Seventh Year

You can get them on reddit pretty soon after they get originally posted on some chinese site probably. From what I've seen the last one is already done, because too many people used it lol.

14. Gengar

High Score:
    Gengar * 100... lol. You should have seen the people I rolled with in Epic 7... that shit frightened me... There was a dude who had his secretary constantly pulling on every banner until he maxed them out. Easily 50gs a month.

I don't even bother with these stupid codes anymore. Maybe if each one gave one summon? But honestly, it's like a third of a summon or less each time. It's more a pain. I'd rather bitch about it here, spending more time to do so, than find the page and input the code lol.

15. KHAAAAAAAN!!

High Score:
    All this precious and gorgeous Jean fanart flooding reddit is making me go full fanboy. I'm tempted to start rolling primo on Standard banner, even though I know it is a mistake.

Send help.

Please.

I'm... I'm starting to...

[​IMG]

Ahhh.. too late.

It's too late.

I've gone full simp.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2020
  16. Gengar

High Score:
    Lol.

So many great waifus in this game. I've become much more smitten with Jean and Mona lately, but Keqing has fallen down my simpometer lately.

Her 'part' in the latest story just left me cold.

17. KHAAAAAAAN!!

High Score:
    Zhong Li and Xiangling got more effort put into their characters than the rest of the Liyue cast combined. Qiqi and her cocogoat schtick were breifly adorable, and they almost made Ning interesting with her final scene, but on the whole they were all pretty bland. Xiao and bookBro are afterthoughts. Beidou hasn't even shown up. Keq is basically just there in the background of Ning's quests.

Perhaps future story quests will give them some more character, in the way that Klee, Venti, and Jean's did for the Mondstat crew.

Are we getting another chunk of Liyue content or is it straight to Inazuma?

Last edited: Nov 23, 2020
  18. Galen

Galen DA Member

This game is simultaneously amazing and infuriating. The game itself is incredible, especially for a mobile-playable game. I haven’t quite reached endgame yet, but it’s been great so far.

What’s not been great is my pull luck on wishes.
    I have one account that’s at AR 37, and I have Fischl, Qiqi, and Razor as my best characters. I’ve spent some money on this account as well.

Recently, I decided to make a new account as a F2P. It’s currently at AR 11 or something. It was meant to be an account to have fun with less popular characters, but I’ve pulled Beidou, Fischl, and Keqing all in a row. I’m now torn on how much time to spend on an account that’s gotten luckier than my main, money spending account.

If you can’t tell, I really like electro characters.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2020
  19. Gengar

High Score:
    I genuinely thought the story was leading towards a Ningg 5head masterclass which would have instantly made her top tier waifu, but it kinda fell flat (even though I thought that last quest was pretty epic).

It was set up perfectly! Beidou's ship has been parked right next to where that god was resurrected this entire time. And Beidou's bio says something about her having slain a legendary beast in the past or whatever. Imagine if that was Beidou's intro to the story, and if Ningg had set it all up having predicted it would be used against Liyue?

Bah. Potential wasted.

But yeah, the Mondstatd story just felt way more personal and fleshed out. The cast felt like family after we were done and I was genuinely sad that we seemed to be moving on and leaving them by the wayside.

The Liyue cast? Eh? ZhongLi was still pretty hilarious, but I didn't much care for his resolution? I dunno.

20. Krieger

What are you guys drop rates for gems at AR45+ from bosses? Your meant to be able to get gold gems, I'm not even getting purple gems. Currently farming lightning boss, I'll have enough prisms to max ascend two characters before I have enough gems to max ascend one. Don't know if I am extremely unlucky or what. But it'll be pretty annoying later if I have so much excess of ascension materials but still forced to grind the same boss just for gems. Small consolation with getting artifacts, but not as good as just grinding artifact domains..