1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Naruto Manga Thread Part 3

Discussion in 'Books and Anime Discussion' started by Jon, May 29, 2015.

1. Galen

Galen DA Member

Ah, it’s been a while.

‘Boruto’ sadly hasn’t improved in the time since this thread was last active. The most recent manga chapter included the finale to the Naruto/Sasuke vs Jigen fight, and it stayed to consistent form with this series.

It was bullshit.
    Naruto and Sasuke, while technically stalemating, lost. To a cookie cutter from the endless “space chakra god” jar the series author keeps drawing from.

Nothing new here. I’m making this post solely because of where the Boruto Anime is going.

As if this series wasn’t looking enough like a bad fanfic, the new anime arc apparently will feature Sasuke and Boruto time-traveling to past Konoha.

The current anime villain attempting to steal Naruto’s chakra, Urashiki Otsutsuki, has apparently learned from his previous clan members, because he has decided to steal the Kyuubi from past, 12 yr old Naruto. Adult Sasuke and Boruto will be attempting to stop him.

The new anime arc will feature Boruto interacting with Jiraiya, which can be both good and bad. We get to see Jiraiya again, which is amazing. The bad part is that the Boruto writers will quite possibly infect Jiraiyas character with their signature cancer.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2019
  2. Alindrome

Alindrome A bigger, darker mark DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Are we going to see this get the Cursed Child treatment? Next you know it, Boruto will save Haku's life only to find out he was evil all along, Ayume from the ramen shop will be revealed as a powerful ramen kunoichi, Sasuke will show his daughter how to genjutsu someone into falling in love, and some villain that really ought not to be procreating will produce some hellspawn. A few years ago I would have said Orochimaru but they've sort of beat me to it.

3. Galen

Galen DA Member

Last edited: Nov 17, 2020
  4. Inert

Inert Headmaster

I clicked on this thread because I was shocked there was an updated Naruto Manga Thread. I can see that I haven't missed anything of note.

5. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Who cares lmao

6. Arthellion

Arthellion Lord of the Banned ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Somehow naruto went from a dark ninja series to a show where orochimaru gives out autographs and the bijuu have plushies made of them.

7. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

I never thought that the series was particularly dark, in all honesty. It actually did have some quality at one point though. Boruto is dog shit.

8. Arthellion

High Score:
    eh I’d argue the wave arc was pretty dark. Orochimaru was a legitimately creepy and did some sadistic stuff

9. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

Maybe 'cheap' dark? Stuff like Zabuza butchering a bunch of mooks or what happened to Kaiza (was that his name?) didn't really move me. A series has to have that kind of awful shit be done to main characters, or at least ones we've been given time to know and care about to cross over into dark territory with me. There was the Uchiha Massacre that Sasuke had to go through, but that was already a done deal at the start of the series.

I dunno, I guess it's just a matter of perspective and individual taste.

10. Arthellion

High Score:
    @LT2000 Fair. I think some of it has to do with the cognitive dissonance that exists in the series.

11. Alindrome

Alindrome A bigger, darker mark DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Haven't been following Boruto. Call me a few years too late, but I found out about the high heels/miniskirt outfit they put Sarada in recently... Yikes. It's been genuinely creeping me out.

12. Peter North

Peter North Dark Lord

While ignoring the horrendous outfits. I find the story reasonably entertaining, and I plan to follow the story to the end. Hopefully the authors will be smart enough to let the story end after this.

13. Arthellion

High Score:
    According to some of my friends, apparently Boruto has become watchable now? Still has Sasuke/Naruto jobbing to newer threats, but at least those threats seem to be actual gods.

14. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    It's a trap. Don't be so naive.