1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Everything Else II: Not As Good As The Original

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by MonkeyEpoxy, Jun 11, 2020.

1. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    ...hack and slash? Are you playing on easy or something? The game basically requires parries when you're (often) against multiple foes at a time, and the Zealots will stomp your face if you don't play smart.

Tbf, the 'prologue' (hilariously, I spent like 6 hours there) in Norway was a bit slow, but the story picks up when you go to England - there's even a bit of nation building going on that I always find fun. I kinda stopped playing because I bought a new 4k HDR mosnter TV that'll be coming this Saturday, and I wanted to experience my PS5 stuff on it.

I'm not enjoying it as much as I did Odyssey, but I'm Greek, so that's a given. Ghost is also incredible, but it's a different kind of experience for me. These new AC games I love taking my time on and just exploring everything.

2. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    So how long do we think it is going to be before PS5s don't immediately sell out on online retailers? Was hoping to upgrade over the holidays, but that is looking unlikely to happen at this point what with the scalper menace.

3. Arthellion

Arthellion Lord of the Banned ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    @Gengar Yeah there is a parry system, but it’s boring unlike GoT or Sekiro or GoW.

In those games, I get an endorphin rush when I parry. In Valhalla it’s just meh.

Valhalla isn’t good looking enough for me to want to stop and explore.

My Skyrim game with mods looks better.

4. Nevermind

Nevermind Headmaster

High Score:
    I‘d put a cautious bet on some point after Easter. By then, the hype should‘ve ebbed off somewhat, and we might even have a return of public life *if* the COVID vaccines work out. The really big sports game & shooter annuals would still be a couple of months off come April or May, and anyone who hasn‘t upgraded by that point might rather wait for a bundle than blow the full 400/500$ on the base PS5 package.

5. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I really hope Sony tries to take measures to cut down on the scalpers. Maybe some sort of mailing list option that reserves you a chance to get first crack at a batch.

So are there going to be two unique ps5 titles on PS Plus each month, or are they just going to be the same as the PS4 titles?

6. Odran

Odran Fourth Champion

Why would they? They get the money whether it's actual people buying them or the scalpers buying in bulk. They might make a pretense at it, but it's gonna be the same as it was for this year's 3xxx series of Nvidia GPUs, shit will go out of stock before you manage to spot it.

7. Meerkats

Meerkats Unspeakable

In regards to ps plus, from what we know it looks like it'll be two ps4 games with bugsnax now and destruction all stars in February being ps5 offerings. We'll probably get more ps5 games after the destruction all stars period is over.

8. MonkeyEpoxy

MonkeyEpoxy The Cursed Child DLP Supporter

Welp. Casey Hudson (again) and Mark Darrah have resigned from Bioware.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2020
  9. Arthellion

Arthellion Lord of the Banned ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I’d say RIP BioWare but this is more like your dead grandmother’s inheritance running out than an actual death.

10. Gengar

High Score:
    Bioware hasn't been Bioware for years.

All my affection for them has basically migrated to companies like Obsidian and Larian. I barely take notice of them anymore. I'm sure DA4 will eventually come out, but I just don't care anymore?

11. MonkeyEpoxy

If DA4 even happens anymore. Darrah was the executive producer for Dragon Age

12. Gengar

High Score:
    meh

The last great thing Bioware did was create Dorian, but that was six years ago.

Maybe these RPG companies will stop selling out to big publishers that have blatant issues with managing their portfolios? I pray Obsidian doesn't go the same way (while secretly hoping Bethesda does...)

13. MonkeyEpoxy

I mean, I'll buy the next Dragon Age game which is supposed to be set in the Tevinter Imperium since I actually adored DA:I. I'll probably buy the next Mass Effect as well because It's my favorite universe in the history of vidya and Andromeda wasn't even in the same galaxy of bad as some people think. I'm part of the problem I guess. I'll persevere.

Will I be disappointed? No, probably not. Will it meet my expectations? No, probably not. Will I get more than an hour of enjoyment per dollar spent and therefore make it worth my time and money? Probably, which is my standard. Will I enjoy the shit out of the mod community putting in work? Yes.

14. Thaumologist

Thaumologist Fifth Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Who wants to rain a plague of frogs on Egypt?

You do, and in this game, play as Moses!

Weird point-of-view, graphics seem all sorts of uncanny-valley, and I'm really uncertain on the replay value.

However, the same studio also has a similar game, except you play as Jesus.

15. Gengar

High Score:
    2 Ark 2 Furious

16. Thaumologist

Thaumologist Fifth Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Gameplay trailer released on Youtube:

Looks to copy the Vermintide model - four preset characters only, no repeats in a mission. Dark Heresy powerlevels, rather than space marines, although based on Vermintide I'd assume some ability to level equipment, at the very least.

Affix bayonets!

Last edited: Dec 11, 2020
  17. Odran

Odran Fourth Champion

Elden Ring won the most anticipated game award, but there's still no word about the game from From Software.

18. Psychotic Cat

Psychotic Cat Chief Warlock

[​IMG]

19. Nevermind

Nevermind Headmaster

High Score:
  20. Imperial

Imperial Second Year

Elden Ring was a beautiful lie. I have about as much hope of playing that game as I do of ever getting a PS5.

I'll just have to replay games like Bloodborne and Salt & Sanctuary and maybe take another crack at Mortal Shell and Hellpoint.