1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Genshin Impact

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Gengar, Oct 8, 2020.

1. Clerith

Clerith Ahegao Emperor ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Still very low. Feels like only a few percentage higher than it was at 40. Gold gems are very rare.

The highest tier of drops is never guaranteed, feels like around 10-20% usually, a bit more generous in domains than world bosses, but the highest, gold tier is annoyingly rare. You get it surprisingly consistently though, since you can craft up your lower tier drops, at least.

Prism/the other ascension material is 2, sometimes 3.

The golden talent ascension material drops 2 surprisingly often at 45 already.

45 is such a good spot to farm artifacts, and since 50 slightly ups the drop rates for world bosses again, I think I'll leave the character ascension materials for 50. Weapon materials for 50 I already have farmed up a long time ago, before 45. At character level 80, it's not like the ascension and leveling to 90 is a huge power boost you need immediately at AR50, but the weapon is sure to be nice to have asap.

Kinda the same. Keqing fell to third place, I wish she'd been more involved in the story. While Mona's quest and event involvement (and my random single pull of her a while back) have massively raised her stock. I wasn't disappointed in Ningguang's story part (and cutscene), and appreciated her surge of popularity and the fanart that followed.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2020
  2. Krieger

Krieger Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

I just rolled Mona, definitely fun to play and her water walking is awesome, another one to add to the list of toons to level. I'm simping for what little we've seen of Signora.

As far as gem drops, started farming electro yesterday and after I'd say a good 10 pulls, zero golds, zero purples. Didn't expect golds, but I would expect a few purples in there at the least especially AR45+, I swear I got more purples at AR40. I don't think it's quite right and I am just having a horror run atm. I guess it makes up for all the golds I was getting from artifact domains.

3. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Honestly, I've never even looked at gems. I usually have more than enough once I have enough of the other purple grade mat each one drops.

BTW, despite how much I want Zhong Li... I might pass. It hurts me to say, he's 100% husbando and the spear spinning is awesome sauce... but Xiao looks so fucking good, and Ayaka too... and booby Signora UGH

4. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    From what the people on Chinese server are saying, Zhongli is underwhelming.

I hate that Ayaka is so far away. Like what... 4 months minimum?

5. Gengar

High Score:
    Dude, I dunno, I feel you're dismissing Jean too quickly. Whenever her cape thing flaps up and I see her shoulder blades, and when her skirt thing sways and you see the exact shape of her ass...

Man, she does things to me. She's like an older Saber lol...

I'm such a degenerate...

6. Gengar

High Score:
    I imagine she will come with Inazuma, right? A Japanese character for a Japanese-themed city. Isn't that 1.2? Or maybe 1.3? Not too far.

Word is Xiao is busted. I dunno if they'll nerf him, but I've seen clips of him plunge striking over and over for 30k swirt crits, it's pretty tasty. I'll link it if I can find it.

Edit: lol

7. KHAAAAAAAN!!

High Score:
    1.2 is Dec 23 and that adds Dragonspine and a likely holiday themed event. 1.3 is is early Feb which will add the Lantern Rite stuff to Liyue.

Major updates scheduled every six weeks, so we're looking at mid to late March as the earliest for Inazuma.

8. Gengar

High Score:
    Surely 1.3 is more than that...?

9. KHAAAAAAAN!!

High Score:
    Probably not no. Chinese New Year events are always #BIG in chinese games. There will likely be a ton of stuff to do.

10. KHAAAAAAAN!!

High Score:
    So yeah. Zhongli seems underwhelming from what I can see in the story quest. I restarted the domain a few times and tried a few combos.

He does work very VERY well with Geo MC for that triple aoe and shatter damage. I imagine he could be used as a buff support for retracing bolide chars as well. But other than that, seems a bit meh.

Got Xinyan (who is awesome) and Chongyun C1 from a few rolls, but I think I'll stop there and save my guaranteed pity for Ayaka.

11. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

I had to look up what husbando meant and now I’m pissed because yes - he’s by far got the sexiest voice/attitude/style of anyone in game, right? Everyone agrees?

It’s not just me? Everyone else hates how Jean/Mona/etc look/sound too, right? /s

Anyway. Within 13 rolls I got Chongyun c1, Xinyan, and Zhong li. He was a pity roll though, and my first 5* character.

12. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

Congrats! I got him with my pity left over from child. he's a baller.

13. Gengar

High Score:
    Lol, I love how we're corrupting you with our degeneracy. Zhong Li is definitely the best husbando in the game, no question.

14. KHAAAAAAAN!!

High Score:
    So who does Chongyun work best with? He doesn't work in superconduct teams. I don't have Mona xinqiu or Childe for Freezecheese. And changing Diluc/Xinyan/Jean/Razor hits to cryo damage over pyro/physical seems counterintuitive.

15. Ched

I use him with Bennett but I dunno what I’m doing in terms of min/max. Still just chilling and leveling and not looking too much at that yet (maybe at 80).

16. KHAAAAAAAN!!

High Score:
    Yeah. No Bennyboi either. Guess I'll just put him on the backburner for now.

Unrelated: Xinyan/Razor together with swirl support from Jean/sucrose/venti is fucking ridiculous. I don't have either of them geared and they're wiping enemies away in seconds.

17. Gengar

High Score:
    I'd still use him with Diluc. It only changes his AA swings, so switch him in after his ult wears off to do insane burst: Cryo AA > E > Cryo AA > E > Cryo AA > E etc.

I don't use him though tbh.

18. KHAAAAAAAN!!

High Score:
    Lots of QoL coming in 1.2 as well as a free acquaint fate every time a character hits 20, 50, and 70.

19. Clerith

Clerith Ahegao Emperor ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    The 1.2 leaks were pretty good.

My biggest problem team wise right now is that I have no 5* weapons, and none of the amazing 5* dps characters, so I'm kinda floundering about truly committing to a certain team comp. Also, I just have way too many electro units.

I either want a 5* main dps banner that I can 100% commit on, or a weapon banner with two good weapons, so I can elevate one of my 4*s into a good main dps.

20. Ched

I've got enough characters now that I feel I need to start paying more attention to who I am gonna focus on to level.

Been using Bennett as a main DPS with the Flute, usually with Xiangling, Fischl, and Chongyun. But Bennett has so much support potential that I'm tempted to give him more Energy Recharge (there's a sword for that) and re-organize my current roster to incorporate Razor, Sucrose, Zhongli, Diona, Noelle, or Ningguang more - which might mean dropping Chongyun and his wonky mechanics even though he's been a mainstay since I got him almost day 1. I've got Barbara, Xinyan, and Beidou too, but I'm less into them (at present at least).

I did try the Physical DPS build on Xiangling with the Pike and it worked nicely, but it should work for Zhongli too I think? Though I hate to admit he seems/feels underwhelming to me (I'd say I hoped they'd boost him so he feels half as useful as Venti, but I doubt they will).

I don't enjoy Bows as main in this game, but I might play with Ningguang and her catalyst more. She's supposed to be pretty good? But I love melee.

I've read a bunch of shit on Reddit but ffs half of it contradicts itself.

What logic do you all use to build teams?

Edit: AR41, Bennett at 80, Chongyun/Fischl at 70, Zhongli/Traveler at 60, Barb/Xiang/Noelle at 50, everyone else 20.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2020