1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

PS5

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Skeletaure, Dec 4, 2020.

?

PS5?

1. I have one

14.9%
  2. I don't have one but I'll get one

55.3%
  3. Consoles suck

29.8%
  1. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Who has one? Who is going to get one? Who is part of the PC Master race looking down on all console users?

I got mine today which is very exciting... except I think I'm already going to have to do a factory reset.

Transferred data from PS4 to PS5 using the transfer over WiFi tool on startup.

When I look at the games in the "Your Collection" screen, none of them are showing up as installed. The PS5 wants me to download them.

But when I go to Settings > Storage, the PS5 is listing just 294GB of free space, with 360GB of "Other" data. So it seems that the data has transferred over but the PS5 hasn't recognised it as game data.

Can't see that anyone else has had this issue via Google search. So hard reset it is...

2. Shinysavage

Shinysavage Madman With A Box ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Haven't even tried to get one yet, but give it a few months to a year, and I'll look at it. The only thing I'm particularly desperate to play right now is Miles Morales, and that's on PS4 too, so I can wait.

3. Skeletaure

High Score:
    So I figured it out. Despite the PS5 originally predicting a game transfer time of 6 minutes, actually it was taking a lot longer than that and the transfer was chugging away in the background. So it looks like the console reserves storage for your PS4 games in the "Other" section while the transfer remains ongoing.

4. Knyght

Knyght Alchemist

I'll definitely get one but I need enough games - or at least the right game - to make it worth it.

I didn't get a PS4 until 2018 so I had plenty of exclusives to choose from and would like to have a similar experience with PS5 if I can muster the patience to pull it off. At the very least, I'm waiting for something like God of War Ragnarok and/or Spider-Man 2.

5. Nevermind

Nevermind Headmaster

High Score:
    I‘ll definitely get one, but probably not before summer of next year. My OG PS4 is still serving me well, and right now there isn‘t anything I‘d actually want to play badly enough on a PS5.

A mate who exclusively plays FIFA bought one for launch day, though…

6. Skeletaure

High Score:
    The consideration that finally pushed me over the edge to buying one now is that I can sell my PS4 Pro at the moment for £115. In a year's time that is likely to be a much lower number. So any saving I gain on the PS5 coming down in price will likely be offset by the reduced amount I can get for selling my PS4.

7. Arthellion

Arthellion Lord of the Banned ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I’d buy one...if there were any available for less than 1k.

8. Imperial

Imperial Second Year

I was chomping at the bit for Demon's Souls, but I was a little put out to see it was really was just the same game again with a facelift. I'm sure I will get around to it, but the PS5 went from a must-buy to something I won't really think about until 2021 or 2022. There's nothing else on the console that really grabs me right now. Spider-Man PS4 was good, but it didn't blow me away like 99% of its players. I might not even play the Miles Morales expansion. I don't care about Assassin's Creed with Vikings. And so on.

My brother just gifted me his old Switch after getting a PS5 for himself, and I still have a mountain of PS4 games to play or replay anyway. 13 Sentinels, Slay the Spire, Resident Evil 2 and 3, Mortal Shell, Bladed Fury, Okami, Salt & Sanctuary, all of the other SoulsBorne games I already own, etc.

9. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    This was my plan as well. But it is literally sold out everywhere. Restocks disappear in minutes and I'm sure as shit not supporting scalpers.

10. TMD

TMD High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

I got a PS5 and sold it instantly.

My RTX 3090 wipes its ass with your console garbage. PC Master Race for life.

Cyberpunk ready baby, enjoy your upscaled 1080p 30fps garbage LMAO losers

/s

11. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

In retrospect I probably wouldn't have bought the PS5 purely to play Demon Souls. It's a good remaster, but it's very clunky compared to DS3/Sekiro/BB.

12. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

Haven’t bought a console since I started college. They update too fast - I’d get in 2-3 games before the next console showed up, etc.

13. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Main reason for buying mine at launch is that it's cheaper than upgrading my PC to play Cyberpunk and AC (and Immortals now too, which I hadn't thought about until I've seen more of it. Looks great!) at 4k 60.

I refuse to pay the price they're asking for Miles at launch (it's $90AUD). I paid the same fucking price for AC.

Say what you want about the quality of the two games (I loved Spiderman PS4. Mostly), but with this price hike for games, they're going to come under a lot more scrutiny for me in terms of game length if they're going to up the prices.

14. Zeemz

Zeemz Second Year

It's sad that I barely played the PS4. I finished most of its best exclusives (GoW, Spider-Man, Uncharted, Last of Us, Infamous) and I'm working on GoT now, but it really feels like I missed out on a ton. Maybe it's because I don't play multi-platforms anymore

15. Meerkats

Meerkats Unspeakable

For me what I've been consistently impressed with, to the point that to me it has justified early adoption even without proper next gen games, is the ssd. Its effect on loading is so noticeable and every time I test a game on the ps5 I'm impressed by how much faster it is. And this also applies to backwards compatibility games that can't use the ps5s full capability.

16. Nevermind

Nevermind Headmaster

High Score:
    100% agree on the SSD being a major factor in terms of quality of life for consoles. The fact I’ve got an SSD in my PS4, in this case, is actually one more reason why I’m sticking with it for now. It’s just so much better for everyday use – if I still had the original hard drive in the PS4, perhaps I’d be one of the people chomping at the bits for a PS5 right now. I’m definitely excited for even fewer loading times once I do get my hands on one, though! :p

17. James

James Unspeakable

Isn’t the drive in consoles user replaceable? Can’t you just stick the ssd in?

18. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    It's not replaceable in the PS5 afaik, there's a slot to add another NVMe drive in though but people are waiting on Sony's list of recommended SSDs.

Unless you mean PS4, then yeah, completely swappable, designed to be so. I have an SSD in mine as well (better than the one in my PC lol...)

19. Innomine

Innomine Alchemist ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I've heard a bit about the new controller, those who have the PS5, how are you finding the haptic feedback in it?

20. Meerkats

Meerkats Unspeakable

When used properly its absolutely next gen. As well as having very detailed and precise vibrations, it can also act as a speaker to add another layer of immersion. In Astros playroom they'd put a lot of work in and you could guess the material the character was walking on through feel and sound from the controller alone.

The adaptive triggers are also fairly cool, especially in shooters but it can be a ymmv situation as some people are saying it's distracting especially in multiplayer.