1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Genshin Impact

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Gengar, Oct 8, 2020.

1. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Killing them isn't the issue. They all do unavoidable water damage and completely ignore whatever you do to them. You dodge, they just jump and do a huge aoe slam, some just circle around you and spray jets while the birdge just dive bomb.

Nothing I've fought against yet in this game does such consistently high, unavoidable damage.

I can obviously do it, it's just annoying.

2. Gengar

High Score:
    New Hydro and Cryo set leaks:

Heart of Depth
    2-Set: Hydro DMG Bonus +15%
    4-Set: After Skill, increase Normal and Charged ATK DMG by 30% for 15s.

Blizzard Strayer
    2-Set: Cryo DMG Bonus +15%
    4-Set: Attack enemy affect by Cryo, CRIT Rate increased by 20%. Additional 20% Crit if frozen.

I doubt the 4-piece hydro set is going live as is. It's arguably BiS for Keqing ffs rofl.

Ditto the Cryo set. It's so laughably easy to get 100% crit with that set. 15 from resonance, 20% extra crit for doing the same thing as resonance and another 20% for frozen, which isn't hard at all with Mona or XingQiu...

3. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    What I was saying is that the Lisa Kaeya Jean comp makes the fight much MUCH easier in terms of dealing with the damage, not that it is a particularly strong damage comp (because it isn't). Kaeya can keep freeze up for about 70% duration of his cooldowns. Jean can swirl the freeze onto nearby enemies and will easily heal through the unavoidables. You bring Lisa out for steady reaction damage. If you throw in chongyun or qiqi to this comp, the fight becomes almost trivial.

Freezecheese is the way to go with Oceanid.

4. Tutorial Boss

Tutorial Boss Seventh Year

To all of you Genshin addicts, PSA:

Account theft is becoming significantly more common. Worse, Genshin’s customer support actually refuses to return stolen accounts, as long as the person who steals the account spends more money than you on the account, even if you have irrefutable proof that it is your account.

5. KHAAAAAAAN!!

High Score:
    Yeah I saw that post earlier today. The reddit mods are still waiting for the original poster to verify that it is real with a livestream.

But this is why I use Google login for almost every mobile title. Never trust a game company to securely manage your info if you don't have to.

6. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

5KVeIbSxDUU - (100 Primogems and 10 Mystic Enhancement Ore)

G3TQQ6TOQME - (100 Primogems and 5 Hero's Wit)

eATDgIXLD56 - (100 Primogems and 50k Mora)

7. diesIovis

diesIovis Seventh Year

They're really getting generous. Almost 2 pulls with these...

8. KHAAAAAAAN!!

High Score:
    TBF, they gave us 800 last week, we're getting another 800 this week, plus bug fix primos, and redemption codes and we're looking at 2000+ in a 2 week period. That's pretty decent, and I hope the trend continues (it won't).

9. KHAAAAAAAN!!

High Score:
    Dragonspine and 1.2 looks fun. Lowkey hope they forgot to remove the adepti's stove thing from the list of objects that provide warmth.

10. Gengar

High Score:
    Going in completely blind, aside from the new Cryo and Hydro sets...

That cryo set is stupid, lol. Saving for Ayaka...

11. KHAAAAAAAN!!

High Score:
    Surprisingly, the sheer onslaught of salt, harassment, and complaints about Zhongli actually seems to have forced Mihoyo's hand.

They will be testing some changes in 1.3 cbt, so things could change, but this is the general takeaway:

He will probably be getting some damage buffs that scale off his HP so you can go full shield build as he was designed to be (and not hit like a wet noodle). There is also a rework on his held skill that will renew / summon another stele, and drastically boost his energy when you use it on petrified enemies and constructs.

The real news however is the proposed changes to Geo on the whole. Geo shields will mitigate flat damage instead of geo damage (this is huge). Geo resonance will also give -20% geo res to enemies attacked by geo (this is also huge).

Not enough to justify whaling for Zhongli, imo, but definitely enough to make him worthwhile if you already grabbed him. He'll be a decent defensive geo support for Ning if your Noelle is not packing constellations.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2020
  12. Clerith

Clerith Ahegao Emperor ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    That Zhongli and Geo buff actually disturbed my plans. Sneaky, announcing it just as the banner's about to end...

Building a geo character has been in the back of my mind for quite a while, since I don't have a single geo or claymore character leveled up. Just if a geo boss becomes mandatory in the future. And taking advantage of those persistent Abyss shield buffs, since my only real main dps is electro.

Now I have to decide between pulling or skipping Zhongi, Albedo, and even Ganyu, hoping for a main dps I like and is good for floor 12. Ugh. Xiao? Hu Tao? Who the hell knows. These primogems are burning a hole in my pocket, but as a low spender, I don't want to pull 'bad' 5*s.

I do think that the geo buff was sorely needed. Hopefully they buff electro next. Maybe when they complain about the electro archon being too weak in 1.6 or something u_u

13. Gengar

High Score:
    I'm not sure how Albedo works, but the changes to Geo Resonance are far more interesting, and weirdly, don't make me want to pull Zhong Li at all.

The change to Geo, specifically the resistance shredding parts, heavily favour heroes like Ningguang and Noelle (I think? I have barely used her, doesn't her damage also switch to Geo after her ult?). As I said, I don't know how Albedo works, but maybe him too?

I'd love to build an all Geo team, but I'd want characters that do majority Geo damage to take advantage of that shred. My C7 Ningg just shot up to the top of my build priorities.

At the moment I'm farming a proper set for Diluc and levelling my phys dmg polearm set. My eye is drawn to that new polarm character. Can't remember if she was Cryo or Electro, but either would be perfect for a phy dmg polearm user.

Oh, and she's omega hot.

14. Clerith

High Score:
    Oh yes, this is a straight up 20% (or I guess 15% damage buff if resistance goes below zero) for them, Ning especially. But both now really want a second geo in the party, for the resonance and energy generation, and Zhongli could be best for that role. ...Unless you have both souped up Ning and Noelle, in which case, good for you.

Honestly, Albedo is probably the weakest (or at least my least wanted) 5* for the next 4 banners, and Zhongli could be better after the buff too, so I want him the least, but if his banner rolls out with Bennett, and some other amazing 4* like Xingqiu, I might just have to roll for their constellations.

15. Gengar

High Score:
    I have both Ningg and Noelle at c6.

Never built Noelle. Resistance does drop below 0, but it's not 1:1 from what I remember
    reading in reference to VV.

16. Clerith

High Score:
    What the fuck.

Patch is huge.

They're changing Abyss Floors 9-12. Different Ley Line Disorders, and Geo damage buffed for Floor 12. All fit to match the 1.2 update. I wonder if they also added the new cryo monsters into the mix. ...I heard that they did this in Honkai Impact - they didn't buff/nerf the characters much, but instead, frequently changed the current endgame so that different elements/characters were meta for one patch. When the Electro Archon joins our roster? The floor 12 buff will probably be electro damage.

I... don't inherently hate this cycling buff/debuff thing. It incentivizes you to build a decent roster for every element. But this game is so resource scarce, it's going to take forever.

Ning mains creaming their pants right now, tho. Damn.

17. Gengar

High Score:
    They could add a ley-line disorder that said: Childe and Keqing do 300% dmg and I'd still not do it... I just don't find SA fun at all...

I'm hoping we get some huge world boss kinda things in the future.

Also, ngl, I wish the daily commissions would go away. It's slowly making me hate the game. I don't feel guilty about letting Resin go to waste, but not getting that AEXP and primos every day from those quests makes me feel forced to log in, which is always a bad move. Dunno how you all feel about them.

18. Clerith

High Score:
    Huge raid bosses in the overworld would be dope. With actually a lot of HP, and more complex mechanics than the hypostases. And no weird gimmick. Take a few steps into the MMORPG side. But I suppose their 60 resin weekly bosses fill this role. Wolf and Childe more so than that weird and buggy Dvalin fight.

The reason I quit WoW back in the day was because it started feeling like a job. Scheduled raid days, all the dailys, forced to login and play every day... it wears on you, eventually. I still like Genshin a lot, and I'm not bored, or feel that tedium sinking in quite yet. But I definitely don't like resin, I want to play as much as I want, when I want, without feeling like I'm being suboptimal with my time and effort.

19. Gengar

High Score:
    God the amount of times I jump through Dvalin's neck...

20. KHAAAAAAAN!!

High Score:
    So that's 3 weeks in a row without prototype drops. Swell.