1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Genshin Impact

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Gengar, Oct 8, 2020.

1. Galen

Galen DA Member

So, been grinding the new Domain for the hydro set. Got a couple of 5 star ones, can’t wait to try them out on Childe.

As an aside, some of the fights and puzzles in this new zone are v annoying.

2. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    No meme, I am building my C1 Kaeya as a carry (granted, I have an Aquilla) with the new Cryo set. It works out so nicely because the new ER Dragonspine sword is such a nice replacement for Aquila on Jean too.

Then while farming that, I'll hopefully get a Hydro set that's maybe a little bit as good as the Noblesse God-tier rolls one I have on Childe now, so then I can replace it and finally start using Best Girl (Mona, obviously) with an insane set.

The new Domain is super short too, perfect...

Oh. Oooooh. I've run it 10 times and not even one remotely usable piece?

siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh

3. Clerith

Clerith Ahegao Emperor ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Got 100% exploration done on day one.

I liked the area, the cold mechanic wasn't too annoying, the area was dense in loot, very vertical and interconnected, almost reminded me of Dark Souls a bit. Pretty and atmospheric too.

I actually used Barbara as my healer for the entirety of it, out of laziness, and she did perfectly fine, as well as in any overworld content. I only for frozen a handful of times due to her, and her heal over time counters the environmental damage over time effect very well.

The pulls were kinda meh tho. The Bell, Lion's Roar, Amber. At least I got a Bennett dupe, so I can skip Albedo's banner... despite my first impression of him being unexpectedly positive, I still want to save for an even better unit.

4. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I really wanted Sucrose or Bennet, so I threw some rolls at Albedo. The fucker breaks my +60 pity streak on the first fucking single roll. Did two more 10s for a Sucrose (yay), and a Ning.

19k left for Ayaka with 20 rolls invested. Do you think I'll have to buy the daily gems pack to get to 29k by March? I can typically only get about 200 gems from spiral.

5. Clerith

High Score:
    You'll probably have 26-30k, at a rough guess? Depends on how much free primos they give.

If you get the blessing, you'll easily make it.

6. Gengar

High Score:
    Unless the drop rate in the new domain are lower specifically, I've noticed with this new loot system that I no longer can get 3 5* arts when completing a condensed resin run.

So drop rates of arts have been shadow nerfed.

I've done like 25 condensed resins on this new dungeon and have yet to see it.

This has... not put me in a good place regarding my feelings for this game.

I would love to hear if anyone else has a different experience and I'm just getting extremely unlucky.

7. Oxy

Oxy Seventh Year

You are just unlucky. I only did normal runs and did have runs where I had 2 gold art. In theory it ought to be possible to get 3+ gold art with condensed resin.

8. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

I've not got 3 5-star artifact drops since the patch was released.

9. Gengar

High Score:
    I'm asking for personal experiences.

10. Clerith

High Score:
  11. Gengar

High Score:
    yeah was just about to come in and confirm, on my 27th condensed i got 3 >.>

12. diesIovis

diesIovis Seventh Year

After getting stuck at 11-3 last season I finally finished abyss. Got 5 stars on the 12th floor and 9 on all previous after way too much time tinkering with builds and team comps. 1st team was Fishl carry with Albedo, Bennett and Kaeya. Albedo is a nice passive boost of damage with his E that takes no screen time, so was really happy getting him.

Second team was basically all my star power lol and what made doing this even possible, because Fishl damage isn't all that great tbt. Klee, Mona, Qiqi and Sucrose had to do everything in around a minute or time ran out.

I can see getting 6/7 stars on 12th as possible, but 9 is just a flat no. I didn't get even 1 star on 12-3 and no idea where I could get 5 minutes with the units I have available or my skill. I have to say that I'm kinda sick of the abyss for the moment so going to take it easy in the future as the rewards just aren't good enough.

13. Dellez

Dellez Seventh Year

On Childe's banner, I got Childe and Mona. I had to do Oceanid so many times. From the ~25 fates I got from character leveling, I snagged Jean. Doing Anemo hypostasis instead of Oceanid is so much nicer. Throwing people around is also fun.

14. Gengar

High Score:
    And she's super hot

15. KHAAAAAAAN!!

High Score:
    *-ghostly whisper-*

bEcOmE A jEaN MaIN

OooooOoOoooOOOooOO

16. Gengar

High Score:
  17. KHAAAAAAAN!!

High Score:
    There is really zero need for 4set Maiden on Jean. Building her with full maiden will net you very slightly more healing at the loss of her fantastic buff/dps capability. The heals increase after skill/burst is pretty useless, because her burst will get your whole party 80% - full anyway. Essentially you're only bolstering her 50% chance heal on attack hits by a teeny tiny amount. Like 20 to 50 hp more. Maiden really works best on Barbara/Qiqi/C1Noelle, who all have much weaker/slower heal burst capability, and whose kit mostly revolves around their 100% heal chance on attack.

Going 2set maiden/gladiator hybrid is okay, but the heals increase from the 2set is ultimately still pretty negligible.

You'll get much more functionality from her as a healer if you go VV support or Gladiator/Bloodstained dps, but then build her statwise as a heal burst bot. Stack attack or recharge main stats on your wep/timepiece/goblet, with a crit or healing headpiece. Then attack, crit, and recharge for substats.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2020
  18. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

..I... NEED IT.

also strangely relevant code: GSIMPTq125

19. Dellez

Dellez Seventh Year

Yeah, she's on the main squad. No more shrine healing necessary. I'm running 2x Gladiator + 2x Maiden, might go 2x Gladiator +2x something else but my maiden pieces are pretty good so that'll be a while from now if ever.
    3 fates from levelling her + 10 fates from levelling the lvl 1 squad into the lvl 20 squad = Another Mona. Second time I've gotten Mona so soon rolls after the last 5 star. Really close to pity on the limited banner, too, but there's no real desire for Albedo or any of the upcoming 5 stars (Ganyu, Xiao, Ayaka...).

20. Clerith

High Score:
    The new Abyss is... weird. Completely new enemy layout, basically Dragonspine 2.0 in floors 9 and 10. Floor 11 is much harder than before, while floor 12 is easy, in fact I found it easier than floor 11, even though I had no geo units. I'm pretty satisfied with my 9/9/6/6 clears, but I wonder if floor 12 isn't undertuned a bit.

My second team, led by Xiangling, is so weak I want to cry. Xiao and Hu Tao can't come soon enough.

Shop is amazing this month, but the free units (Amber, Lisa and Kaeya) being gone means that they'll probably invade a character banner in the future.

With the pulls, I hit my standard banner soft pity, and got... Skyward Blade. Not... what I was looking for, but not utter garbage, I suppose. Goes to Benny.