1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Everything Else II: Not As Good As The Original

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by MonkeyEpoxy, Jun 11, 2020.

1. Rehio

Rehio Bad Dragon ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    That'd be great. Seems like such a wasted opportunity that they never did it before, maybe they were worried they would fuck it up horrendously.

Glad to see a remake, the Nasuverse just keeps trucking along somehow.

2. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

Looks like they've up their tech though, which should be good.

3. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

Wonder if they'll have the stones to keep Akiha's route in, considering they're selling it on consoles?

Honestly though, I'd expect all the explicit parts to be removed regardless of the specifics.

4. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

Eh, I just can't get down for a Yakuza game without Kiryu. I get it, his story has run its course and they want to keep milking a successful franchise regardless of that. But it's not for me.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2021
  5. kinetique

kinetique Headmaster

I haven't actually played the others, so I don't have that problem, I guess. Though he does appear in the game a few times.

6. ChaosGuy

ChaosGuy Unspeakable

So since we're getting Tsukihime Remake, will we finally get Tsukihime 2 as well?

7. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Lol.

8. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    They need to do something right? Isn't FGO making less and less year on year?

9. KHAAAAAAAN!!

High Score:
    2018 high and 2019 revenue was steady around 1.2 billion. Revenue numbers haven't been released for 2020. The trend has showed it making less per day this year (due to lack of content in JP and Genshin sucking up all the Q4 money), but it doesn't seem like it has fallen off severely at any point.

Delight Works suffered an abnormally large drop in profits for whatever reason, but that's their profit, not game revenue or a reflection on Type Moon / Sony profit.

10. BTT

BTT Viol̀e͜n̛t͝ D̶e͡li͡g҉h̛t҉s̀ ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I mean, it's probably due to having booked the Tokyo Dome and then having to cancel that. That's gotta have been a giant hit.

Biggest problem is still the lack of content, though. Two half story chapters, both underwhelming, doesn't exactly make for guaranteed immense profit.

11. Gengar

High Score:
    https://gamerant.com/fate-grand-order-developer-profit-drop-2020/

My source, dunno how accurate it is, just had it linked to me by a friend.

It feels... I dunno, arrogant (? though maybe true I dunno) to say GI is eating its lunch, but honestly between it and the countless other Gacha that have come out over the past few years, FGO looked and feels so dated.

Maybe the article is misrepresenting the financial data, wouldn't be a first time that's happened. It's not like I scoured it with a fine-toothed comb...

12. kinetique

kinetique Headmaster

Am I misreading that? Their devs made 62 million last year in profit share? If so, I can see why they don't care any more haha.

13. KHAAAAAAAN!!

High Score:
    Again it's not misrepresenting the data so much as citing a different statistic. Delight Works Profit =/= FGO revenue.

The revenue trend for Q1 and Q2 (roughly 200some million per quarter) still has the game ranking in the top grossing mobile titles consistently. Also, saw a figure somewhere stating their Christmas/New Year event period revenue was the highest of any mobile title, beating out Pokemon GO, PUBG, and Genshin.

Japan's love affair with FGO continues. It isn't going anywhere and they aren't thirsty for cash.

14. Odran

Odran Fourth Champion

Ubisoft developer made a thread on Steam forums for a game that's not even on Steam - Division 2 is exclusive to Uplay and EGS. The thread was for people looking for other people to play the game with.

The developer deleted the thread, but not before someone archived it:

https://archive.is/VtzsO

Shit is fucking hilarious.

15. Arthellion

Arthellion Lord of the Banned ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
  16. MonkeyEpoxy

MonkeyEpoxy The Cursed Child DLP Supporter

So, The Frontier is finally out! It's a super duper ambitious Fallout: New Vegas mod that takes place in Oregon and is voice acted

https://www.nexusmods.com/news/14433?pk_source=nexussites&pk_campaign=nxm_social

Anyone taken a crack at it yet? Since it's such a huge mod I'm waiting for other mod authors to make their mods compatible. Mostly Tale of Two Wastelands. If it isn't already, anyway.

17. Johnnyseattle

Johnnyseattle Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Oh, I had forgotten all about this. Soon as I get bored with the latest Path of Exile expansion I'll have to give this a spin.

18. Krieger

Krieger Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

So I got a PS5 and Ive been playing demonsouls for 30minutes and havent really left the starting tunnel you spawn in. Its maybe 20-30 metres long?

Ive just spent this drunk time creaming myself over raytracing effects. I really think raytracing is the biggest thing to happen to graphics and gaming since PhysX in the early naughties. The difference is PhysX didnt have anything like it before so it was massive when it was released, whereas raytracing is a massive jump but graphics have gotten so good at imitating light and shadow it is hard to explain to people how big a jump raytracing is.

Production companies use to pay massive bucks for what Joe down the block can now easily imitate with raytracing. You can literally make games that look better than blockerbuster movies from the early 2000s. How crazy is that?

Back to creaming myself. I'll see if I can make past this first tunnel. Stay tuned for more.

19. Gengar

High Score:
    I'm gonna be the weirdo and say... I honestly don't see it? Like, I see it, but I don't understand the hype I guess.

I confess that my general waning interest in photo-realistic art styles may have a lot to do with this, but when I see the entire city reflected in the glass of a skyscraper in Spiderman, I briefly go 'oh, that's cool.'

But when I see gameplay trailers for games like Kena, or when I look at vistas in Genshin Impact, that's my pants creaming moments...

20. Warlocke

Warlocke Fourth Champion

Okay, so I just found out about Alcina Dimitrescu (Resident Evil 8), and I think I can safely say that there hasn't been this much widespread, misguided, thirst for a vampire since Twilight first blew up.

She's a 10' tall Eclipsa Butterfly, with cleavage instead of cheek markings and a parasol.