1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Genshin Impact

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Gengar, Oct 8, 2020.

1. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    For balance sake, Xiao will most likely be the most powerful individual character in the game.

I say for balance sake for a deliberate reason there. He's selfish. On his own he should do a lot more damage than the game's hypercarries atm, but he can't do Elemental Reactions like them. For balance sake, Anemo and Geo carries should do way more damage and have much better sustain respectively.

Any team you build for Xiao needs to focus on giving him burst charge. It's why I want to get him C2 before even getting his weapon (extra charge on his E for more particles, and extra ER when not on the field). Jean is the star pairing for him given this. She heals, the wind resonance proves a decent benefit and her E spam gives great energy for him. Given the right gear, you should be able to get his ult with 3 Xiao Es and one Jean E.

I genuinely think the other two slots don't even matter. Go with whatever you need to break shields. Unless it comes out that his Swirl damage is somehow rocking, but I doubt it. I'll either be rocking 4pce Glad or 2pce Glad and 2pce VV. Crit rate/dmg on helm (opposite of wpn), Anemo Dmg goblet, Atk% on time piece.

Assuming none of us here will get C6, so the playstyle for us nonwhales is simply get to his burst then spam plunge attacks. Do not E during his Birst, it gives no particles when used during it. So going into a fight with full Burst meter, you pop it and spam plunge on your enemies. When it runs out, you use his E 2(3 if you have C1) times to build Burst, then switch to Jean to E for more particles. If that's not enough, you can switch to Jean after Xiao ult ends first, E, switch back to Xiao for 3 of his Es, then switch back to Jean for another of her Es to finally max Xiao's Q.

Rinse. Repeat.

I have a feeling he's gonna look so powerful that people are gonna cry for nerfs, but that's how he should be. Any selfish character should outdps the other carries on an individual level. The others should be leveraging elemental reactions with their dps, and as a result do more dps. This is good. It promotes the idea that a more complex gameplay loop provides more reward - to be otherwise would make Anemo carries useless.

Though @Ched you might want to even save your wishes. There's a new spear coming eventually with HuTao that looks tailor made for your true husbando. Don't cheat on him with the new sexy dark, super edgy hotness.

https://genshin.honeyhunterworld.com/db/weapon/staff_of_homa/

EDIT: I've seen beta interviews where players are saying you can animation cancel his landing animation to get an extra plunge in during his burst. So it'll possibly be plunge > AA > plunge > AA etc

2. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

FFS I'm stuck at ~19200 or so instead of hitting 20k on this hypostasis event. Does adding friends make this easier or is it like domains where half the time it gets harder if your friends suck because the bosses also get more HP when you add people?

3. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Unlike coop domains, I believe these stay the same.

I'm logging in right now if you want some help.

4. Ched

Just saw this @KHAAAAAAAN!! - lemme know if you're still around. Are you on Discord for easier coordination?

Also it's fine if it doesn't happen I reckon - heading in to the office in a bit.

5. KHAAAAAAAN!!

High Score:
    I'll be back on around 9 est. Drop me a line in discord and I should see it. ajaj#4414

6. Ched

In Genshin I'm 'Summit' - UID 613462663 - if anyone wants to add me. It would be fun to do coop with DLP sometimes.

The handful of characters I have that are actually 'built' decently are Razor, Ningguang, Zhongli, Oz (via Fischl), and Bennett. Working on a handful of others that are halfway there, like Jean/Qiqi/Xingqiu, but shit takes time to get artifacts as we've recently discussed.

7. Gengar

High Score:
    Jade cutter (sword) confirmed with Xiao's spear on wpn banner.

If I'm reading it right, that thing might be bonkers (keq my reference).

It has a lot less atk than Aquila (130l, 44% crit chance though.

Also, at 24k hp it gives like 330atk or so.

8. Dellez

Dellez Seventh Year

Not only is Beidou on Xiao's banner, but she's one of the characters in Paimon's shop this month. Aww yissss.

9. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

Based on interaction with Albedo's e, Bennet's q just needs you to be above it, not on it.

10. Galen

Galen DA Member

Couple of quick notes from new update:

- Pulled Xiao, can confirm his animations are smooth

- The Primo Geovishaps are the only mob that I’ve genuinely been intimidated by, because holy shit

11. KHAAAAAAAN!!

High Score:
    Xiao is hella strong but goddamn is his combat boring. Buffer/turret. Swap Xiao. Skill. Burst. Jump plunge jump plunge jump plunge jump plunge jump plunge. Skill. Swap heals. Swap buffer/turret. Swap back to Xiao. Rinse repeat.

12. Jon

800139795 if you guys want to add me for the picture junk.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 3, 2021
  13. Ched

UID does not exist

14. KHAAAAAAAN!!

High Score:
    Wow. Yeah. That fucker HURTS. First time in a while I haven't been able to just breeze through content.

I figure going forward I'll just grab Noelle and Albedo to soak those attacks, Jean for heals, and Fischl to just range him down.

15. Gengar

High Score:
    Huh, strange. I love Xiao's combat loop. I think you can do what you did with his combat loop with all characters though...

Ganyu: Charge shot spam. Q once every 30 seconds, etc etc
    Keqing: Charge spam, Q every 15 seconds......

Anyway, I got what I wanted. XiaoC2 (random Qiqi spook), 1 spear and 1 cutter so I happy. Happy bday to me etc. I hope one day they release an item that let's us increase constellations without getting dupes, his C6 looks so fun! Genuine toss up between C6ing him or Childe in that instance...

16. KHAAAAAAAN!!

High Score:
    Here yah go Ched

Also, @Jon your UID doesn't exist for me either. Try adding us instead. 600453600

Last edited: Feb 3, 2021
  17. Jon

Probably on different servers.

18. KHAAAAAAAN!!

High Score:
    Ah yeah. We're on America.

19. diesIovis

diesIovis Seventh Year

That 8 at the beginning means it's on Asia I think. 6 US, 7 EU, 8 Asia

20. Gengar

High Score:
    Jon and I are on the Asia server.

Subtle flex, I still hit perfect counter on every one of Beidou's Es with 150ms...

Maybe with their elevnty billion dollars they can make an Oceanic server for us...