1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Genshin Impact

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Gengar, Oct 8, 2020.

1. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    So yeah. The solution to this guy is just to pop a geo shield to reflect his big shower attack. Chunks like 20% of his hp. You don't even need to bring dps with enough shield proccers.

2. Clerith

Clerith Ahegao Emperor ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    As Ganyu, I just kited like crazy. You can outrange even his infusion elemental blast thing. Primo definitely has some serious HP, though.

3. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

Got Xiao - I'm happy.

I got lucky on pulls and might be able to push for c1 but it doesn't look like it's worth it?

No one coming up that I want to save for but I expect I'll play Xiao a lot. I'm drawn to mobile / wind characters in games.

4. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I need:
    • 20 of those qingxin flowers
    • 17 imspector sac knives
    • 11 Lieutenant's insignias
    To max my xiao, his spear and his aa.

Then I'll be back to farming arts...i need a crit dmg VV helm (or any crit dmg helm if i get either a glad or vv anemo goblet)...

Let the 'fun' begin...

And lol. Wl8 on the geovisharp boss. I literally just qiqi E and superconduct aa spam with keq while face tanking. I love how i can ignore mechanics bc of qiqi. I killed that bastard so many times that i iframe everything now though...

5. Ched

Pretty much what I did but with Razor instead of Keqing. Worked nicely. Kept a shield up via Zhongli too and it just dies. Is nice.

I've got all the flowers / knives / insignias I need just no resin / mora / talent books.

Do we know anything about 5* characters after Hu Tao (who I don't want)? I think Rosaria is supposed to be 4*. And of the other rumored 5* I don't know if any are likely to be up sooner rather than later. Trying to decide between c1 Xiao (who I like) and saving for some future unknown. Pretty happy with my team options now though. Not sure what I'd roll for other than a 5* Dendro.

6. KHAAAAAAAN!!

High Score:
    We don't know anything about who comes after Hu Tao.

I'm guessing Rosaria will pop up as a feature on either a Venti rerun or Jean/Diluc banners for a rumored mondstat event in 1.4.

The only other 5star introduced so far to CBT is Ayaka, who will likely come out directly with or right before Inazuma. Samurai cryo keqing/kaeya fusion but better than both.

7. Gengar

High Score:
    Rosaria is an interesting character. It basically looks like you're supposed to build her pure critdmg and physdmg. She gets so much crit% from talents/skills/cryoset that there's no way you're not at 100% and her c6 gives her phys res shred (40% after 4 ticks of your burst) when you burst - so no need to even run an electro character with her (unless it stacks?).

Crescent Pike will be monstrous on her.

8. Gengar

High Score:
    I was looking through my characters today and I only just realized what Jean's C4 did... (40% Anemo dmg shred)...

I want that more than Xiao's C6 lol

9. KHAAAAAAAN!!

High Score:
    Aye, C4 is godmode. Most of the domain speed records are c6 Jean / C6 venti with Bennett and dps.

10. Gengar

High Score:
    It's entirely possible the Rosaria banner will have Jean at its head, given I wanna C6 Rosaria, I'd be okay with that :3

That being said, I wish Gnostic Hymns came with a 5* const item when you max its level. I think it's perfectly spaced apart where it wouldn't take too long to C6 your fav character, and you wouldn't be inundated with them so you can C6 everybody. And it's not F2P, but cheap enough to be reasonable.

11. Clerith

High Score:
    The current beta artwork for 1.4 banners is Venti rerun (Rosaria most likely with him), Klee rerun, and Zhongli rerun with Ning.

The events seem pretty filler - memory/rhythm game, balloon archery popping, and some gliding thing.

The past week has been the first time I've felt genuinely bored with Genshin (which was actually pretty impressive, considering we're 3+ months in). I still do my important dailies, but I'm definitely feeling the need for new content. I hope Inazuma comes sooner than later.

Hopefully the Abyss floor 12 change will be entertaining, and something to chase after again.

12. Gengar

High Score:
    I don't actually know what this lantern festival is, but I'm assuming it's pretty big contentwise?

And are we getting The Chasm area before Inazuma?

Oh and @Jon SEND ME A FUCKING PURPLE PIC YOU FUCK

13. Clerith

High Score:
    I really wish I could add cross-server friends... any EU fellas here? Add me: 700853256

In hindsight, I'm very satisfied with pulling Ganyu. She ended up super strong, and while her charged shot playstyle took a while to get used to, it's not too bad. Even going full retard on her weapon banner ended up all right.

Now I'm furiously trying to convince myself to skip Xiao and save for Hu Tao. Xiao is cool, and I love the high jumping spear fantasy (dragoons ftw), and actually low investment friendly. While Hu Tao is a pyro carry I've been sorely missing, and probably extremely strong with whale investment, but she really needs that Staff of Homa to be excellent. ...And Ganyu ate all of my talent materials, and still need more.

Yeah, it should be the biggest event of the year, and we're definitely getting Chasm before Inazuma.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2021
  14. Ched

Hu Tao's abilities look frustrating to me.

I'm not a fan of needing to micromanage things like HP, and her abilities make me think her playstyle is likely to include staying under half health to get the DMG bonus when you activate that ability of hers. So I either need to pay attention to that (which I won't find fun) or ignore it (which will frustrate me b/c I'm ignoring her potential).

It would be nice to have a proper Pyro carry though. I got to AR40 using Bennett and Chongyun doing Melt (then I got Razor and Ning and made proper Abyss teams). I can only imagine some of the fun I could have with either Diluc or Hu Tao plus Bennett, Xingqiu, and maybe Chongyun.

15. diesIovis

diesIovis Seventh Year

Hu Tao leaves me totally cold as I got Klee and Bennett and that's enough pyro. All I really want is a Venti rerun, so I can make my life easier and maybe some good cryo user. Ganyu would have been nice, but sadly didn't get her.

16. KHAAAAAAAN!!

High Score:
    Yeah, while the "derpy troll" personality of Hu Tao appeals to me, the glances at her C0 kit do nothing for me. She's basically a slight upgrade to diluc but with dots instead of triple skill, with a few more pyro applications, and the capability to eke out a little more damage when she's low hp.

17. Dellez

Dellez Seventh Year

Got a Keqing instead of another Xiao T_T
    I have him at level 89, just need to farm ooooodles of talent books for him. Prosperity is Resistance (Jean, Mona and Diluc) all over again aaargh. He's very fun to play though, pop Mona, Bedoui and Xiao ults then destroy everything. Jean ult for an after-slaughter palate cleanser.

18. KHAAAAAAAN!!

High Score:
    Eyoooooooooo. MAX REFINE PROTO RANCOUR.

19. Legacy

Legacy Death Eater DLP Supporter

I hate you. I haven't gotten a damn protype drop in months.

20. KHAAAAAAAN!!

High Score:
    Same for me, I went 8 weeks no drop. But then I sent a complaint to support saying they really needed to boost prototype rates back to what they were at launch because most people were going months without a drop.

Lo and behold I get a sword drop the next day, and then a week later I get another one.

Edit: Annnnnd I just got a spear from Childe. Yeah.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2021