1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WandaVision (spoilers)

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by KHAAAAAAAN!!, Jan 17, 2021.

1. Andrela

Andrela Plot Bunny DLP Supporter

Skrull? Could be.

2. Celestin

Celestin Dimensional Trunk

A very good guess, especially if it's Talos' daughter and she's going to be involved in Secret Invasion. And if her name is Veranke then it's going be a really big reveal to the fans.

3. Andrela

Potentially mega spoilers:
    Imagine that at the end of the Black Widow movie Natasha is replaced by a Skrull. And this Skrull was the one to die for the soul stone

4. Celestin

I was going to say that it would be hard to explain why she stopped Clint then, they have almost no interactions for her to care about him after the switch, but there is an explanation. She wanted them to undo Thanos' work and she was aware that if Clint is the one to sacrifice himself it won't work because she's just faking their friendship. If she dies, he believes she's real Natasha. and the stone would be his

Probably not going to happen. If Natasha will be back it's probably will be one from the other universe and I expect her to be an assassin instead of an agent.

5. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    You know, so much in this continuity turns on Age of Ultron. The Civil War plotline. Tony's reaction to losing to Thanos. And now a lot of Wandavision.

With that in mind, it's kinda unfortunate that Age of Ultron was such a damp squib of a movie.

6. Andrela

It could have been so good tho. In the comics Hank Pym was the one to create Ultron.

If Avengers 2 was about something else and Ultron was introduced much later we would have avoided lots of problems.

7. Arthellion

Arthellion Lord of the Banned ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    My moneys still on this Pietro actually being the X-men pietro just pulled in with mcus memory

8. Andrela

Holy shit. Just saw Episode 7.

Agnes is Agatha Harkness and has been behind everything. She kidnapped the twins and has been manipulating Wanda all along. She also created the fake Pietro.

Also Monica gained her powers as Photon, like she did in the comics. She seems to be at least a little immune to Wanda's powers.

Oh and for those who haven't seen the episode yet: this time they added a post-credits scene so wait for that.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2021
  9. Arthellion

High Score:
    Well that was interesting. Excited to see what happens going forward.

10. Nevermind

Nevermind Headmaster

High Score:
    CB16FF17-2CB9-4D2B-AD3B-F9A2C9130314.jpeg

Seriously though, good stuff. Already excited for next week.

11. Stealthy

Stealthy Groundskeeper

Not sure if I like this twist or not. On one hand, Kathryn Hahn is great in everything and I'm all for giving her more time to have fun. On the other hand, I feel like she'll be the excuse to prevent Wanda from suffering any actual consequences here. Which sucks, because "it's Wanda's fault" is a way more interesting story than "It was Agatha all along". We'll see what next week brings. Maybe I'm wrong, but eh.

Also, "Snoopers gonna snoop" got a real laugh out of me. Man I hope we somehow get to keep Pietro. Evan Peters is doing great.

12. Andrela

Reports say that the next episode is going to be 47 minutes long. That's double the time! We're gonna see some serious shit go down.

13. CrackedMind

CrackedMind Minister of Magic

I dont think she created Pietro, I think she just plucked him from the Xmen universe and mindcontrolled him into acting like MCU Pietro. Hoping that’s the path forward for the two universes merging.

Also kind of disappointed the engineer she was waiting on was just a rando. It didnt have to be Reed Richards, it just felt like a waste to mention them two episodes in a row for them to ultimately end up being a nobody

Really looking forward to the next episode, which like Andrela said should be 47 min. Apparently the last episode is 61 min so we got a lot of shit going down in the last episodes.

14. Andrela

I read a theory that this "Pietro" is actually Nicolas Scratch, Agatha's son, disguised to look like pseudo-Pietro. While the Rabbit is actually Agatha's "husband Ralph" as in Mephisto himself.

Also, how much you want to bet that engineer and those other guys are actually Skrulls?

15. Celestin

It probably wasn't the reveal because the actress playing Monica said it will be somehow exciting. They're either Skrulls from Captain Marvel or the engineer will appear in the last episode and is the actor that Paul Bettany always wanted to play with.

Now that Agatha is revealed to be the one behind I doubt they will go for double reveal that she's controlled by someone as rumours suggest. There is simply no time to explain her motivations and then add another villain who won't be familiar to the audience. Unless it's Mephisto because he's a stereotype that doesn't need explanation why he's involved with a witch. If this character is less easy to introduce, I expect they will get a post-credit scene like Thanos did in his first appearance and it will be up to fans to explain to the audience who that is.

16. Arthellion

High Score:
    It’s prolly setup for the villain in the next Dr. Strange movie

17. Celestin

I really want Vision to somehow survive. His character has a certain naivete, yet deep insight about the world that makes him unique compared to pretty much every other superhero in MCU. It's good that at least he got TV series instead of just short scenes in the movies if it's his last appearance. Maybe he will be back for Secret Wars.

Wanda continues to impress. She transformed from a background character to a full persona. If TV shows are going to do the same with other secondary characters, I won't be surprised when people playing more main characters will want to make a series too. The films are more focused on action and are not allowed to give as much time for their characters to express themselves.

Given that the last episode suppose to be the big action sequence, it's better be over hour long because anything less and it will be rushed compared to the rest.

After this episode I'm convinced that Agatha is a villain instead of controlled by someone as was speculated. She would need to be on the good side before and she wasn't.

There could be someone giving her powers, but that will be a last scene revelation instead of a guest actor in the main episode.

I suspect that even Doctor Strange who most are certain will appear will be in the last scene instead of being part of the final fight.

Given that, Paul Bettany was probably talking about himself which is the funniest misdirection ever.

18. Andrela

I just saw episode 8. Wow, lots of theories proven and disproven.

Btw, there's a very important mid-credits scene, be sure to watch it.

No mephisto in sight. Still just Agatha and it looks like she'll be the only villain.

The Vision in Westview is constructed purely from Wanda's magic, not his old parts.

Agatha made Wanda re-live past memories to find out how she's so strong. Eventually Agatha realized that Wanda is the "mythical" Scarlet Witch and that the Inifnity Stone simply awakned magic that was already there.

Mid-credits scene shows a white Vision rebuilt by SWORD and powered by Wanda's magic recovered from the transmuted drone

19. raobuntu

raobuntu Seventh Year

High Score:
    These tv series and moves make one thing clear; there’s a massive power gap for the Avengers where Tony Stark is concerned. Looking back, his money and influence probably insulated these guys from people like Hayward, and other orgs etc. The Sokovia accords gained legitimacy Bc Tony believed in their purpose.

The Midcredits scene, Hayward aggressively using his power, etc. would have all been relatively curbed by someone like Stark around

20. Arthellion

High Score:
    The more I think about it, the more I'm convinced that the Infinity Saga is going to be viewed something like "The Age of Heroes" where yeah, there was some fear in Civil War and Sokovia accords, but, in general, the heroes were loved and not really oppressed.

I think this next saga is going to have a much more...Xmen vibe where superpowered are more an oppressed and feared group. Thing "Age of Mutants" as opposed to Age of heroes.

You've got wanda who enslaved a whole town and is being attacked by the government. Spiderman who has had his secret identity revealed and is considered a murderer.