1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

The Mandalorian [Spoilers]

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by KHAAAAAAAN!!, Apr 14, 2019.

1. Erotic Adventures of S

Erotic Adventures of S Denarii Host

I think they are done with Baby Yoda for a good long while. A season at least, and if he is seen past that it will be in and out.

They don't want to tie the franchise to him too much. Let it stand on its own. Maybe they'll give us a bay Wookie next...

2. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

I say end of episode 1.

3. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    I'm with S in this one. I think next season will attempt to have the show actually be about the Mandalorian and much less about Baby Yoda.

4. Othalan

Othalan Headmaster DLP Supporter

@Republic Maybe, though I could see him popping up from time to time. From a purely plot-driven perspective, it would be best if they didn't bring him back until the Season 3 finale at the earliest, but I think the production crew is going to be under enormous pressure to bring him in earlier from the higher-ups at Disney who want to capitalize on his cuteness factor and popularity.

5. MonkeyEpoxy

MonkeyEpoxy The Cursed Child DLP Supporter

Honestly, I think he's going to split with Luke sooner rather than later. They're not going to want to risk being written into a corner where Grogu is anywhere near Luke's jedi temple when Ben razes it with a thunderstorm. Though now that I think about it, maybe not. We've still got ~20 years until we get to that point.

6. TheWiseTomato

TheWiseTomato Prestigious Tomato ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    What are the odds they retcon just how complete the casualties were from Ben's little temper tantrum?

7. Mordecai

Mordecai Drunken Scotsman –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Disney? Retcon something from the sequel trilogy? Surely not...

8. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Y'all trippin. The main puppet cost 5 million dollars to make. It's not gunna sit in storage.

Grogu gunna be force skype-ing his pappy by mid-season at the latest.

9. Arthellion

Arthellion Lord of the Banned ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Honestly, I keep hearing rumors we're going to see a soft retcon.

I don't think we're gonna get Ben destroying Luke's Jedi Temple. There is too much material that can be done with that.

Honestly, I'd love a show with Luke trying to restore the Jedi Academy and you can have Grogu showing up there.

But my primary thought...have these shows building towards a new Thrawn Movie trilogy. So you'd eventually have a thrawn movie with recast Luke, Han, and Leia, but also bring in Mando, Ahsoka, and some others from the tv series.

Imagining Ahsoka and Luke on screen together makes me giddy.

10. Othalan

Othalan Headmaster DLP Supporter

Me too, tbh. I've been wondering for a while though: Does Ahsoka even know Luke and Leia exist? As Anakin's children, I mean. In the old EU, Luke and Leia's true parentage was common knowledge across the galaxy within a couple of years of the Battle of Endor, but in the Mandalorian, even Kara Dune - a former Rebel spec-ops soldier - doesn't appear to know who the hell Luke Skywalker is. IIRC, based on the characters' reactions, the only person on the bridge of Gideon's cruiser that seems to know exactly who had boarded the ship is Moff Gideon himself.

So how widespread is the knowledge of Luke's existence and parentage in Disney canon? You would think he would at least be known as the guy who blew up the first Death Star, but that doesn't seem to be the case if an Alderaanian survivor like Dune didn't recognize him.

11. Agayek

Agayek Dimensional Trunk DLP Supporter

My read on it is that Favreau's going for Luke being known as a fighter pilot and war hero, along the lines of the Red Baron or whatever, and the galaxy at large knows little-to-nothing about the Jedi and the Force thanks to the Empire's purge(s). And, much like how it's highly unlikely you'd be able to recognize Manfred von Richtofen or Chris Kyle or whatever, most people have probably heard his name, but don't know his face at all.

I imagine if he'd actually introduced himself, Dune would have likely been thinking "Well shit, what the hell's a bigshot like you doing out here?" or somesuch, but without that, all she could see was "mythical warrior come to save their ass".

12. Nevermind

Nevermind Headmaster

High Score:
    In addition to that, Leia‘s parentage was apparently well-conceiled for many years, to the point that when everyone found out it effectively ended her career as a senator. Given Luke‘s comparatively more reclusive lifestyle, I doubt anyone outside of the higher ex-Imperial or New Republic power structures would have recognized his face, and even those would likely not have known about his connection to Vader.

If they did, that raises the question: How well-publicised is the fact that Luke and Leia are related? For the Imperials, Leia’s heritage and her conmection to Luke would have been excellent ammunition against one of the most well-known representatives of the new galactic order.

To sum up, I highly doubt anyone outside of a very select group of people knew about Luke, and even fewer knew about his familial ties, both to his father and to his sister, at least until the latter formed her second group of ragtag galactic liberators.

I‘m not an expert on that part of canon, though, so feel free to correct me on my conclusions.

13. Kurufinwe

Kurufinwe Groundskeeper

[​IMG]

14. Johnnyseattle

Johnnyseattle Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Man, I need to go back and read Bloodlines again, I can't remember if there was any talk of Luke at all other than in passing if anything.

15. KHAAAAAAAN!!

High Score:
    S3 has been really strong so far. First episode was a little iffy on pacing, but the Bo-centric episode 2 was an absolute banger, and episode 3 hit all my buttons (tie battle, Coruscant focus, imperial remnant skullduggery hinting at the bigger Thrawn / burgeoning First Order story).

16. Otters

Otters Groundskeeper ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Agreed, really enjoying Season 3. Wasn't so fond of the third episode despite believing it to be genuinely good and setting up an interesting plot - because all I wanted was more Din Djarin / Bo-Katan time.

17. Arthellion

Arthellion Lord of the Banned ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Yeah. The Doctor plotline felt really shoehorned in and like it belongs in a different series, but I get what they're building towards.

18. Drachna

Drachna Professor

High Score:
    I honestly want less Mandalorian and more rehabilitated imperials.

19. CrackedMind

CrackedMind Minister of Magic

From what I read, it was originally meant for the Rangers of the New Republic show but when that got cancelled they decided to throw a lot of their favorite ideas from that into the Mandalorian.

20. KHAAAAAAAN!!

High Score:
    Kelleren Beq fucking lol.

Talk about a Glup Shitto.

Nice apology to Ahmed Best though for all the abuse he endured.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2023