1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Genshin Impact

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Gengar, Oct 8, 2020.

1. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Theatre Mechanicus is surprisingly fun!

At first i was dubious. It reminded me of modes in other gacha where your characters don't mean anything, but this isn't that.

Damage is off, but Elemental Reactions and CC are the game. It encourages creative thinking.

I only started messing with it late last night, so i don't know a lot yet, but Jean is very powerful (pick up the fast fuckers with E and throw them off a cliff). Childe is also great for waves of pyro abyss mages to rapidly destroy shields.

Do taunts work? Mona would be amazing too, if so. Geo MC's E is also incredible but i think i prefer the strat of just freeze locking waves.

I'm not a fan of the pyro tower though. Way too slow. Electro and Hydro are a great combo for dmg and spreading charge.

Sucrose might be a great shout too. Haven't tried yet.

2. Clerith

Clerith Ahegao Emperor ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Pulled a Diluc from Xiao's banner. Damn it, he's three months late! Hu Tao is probably going to power creep him too.

Tower defense is kinda fun for a minigame, yeah. Very easy when you level your towers. Hydro and electro master race. But you really gotta adapt to the wave the game throws at you.

This event really tries to sell you on Xiao. Unlimited ult domain, man.

3. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    It's fun, but you can definitely cheese even the hard levels with Jean yeets and Venti drags.

4. Dellez

Dellez Seventh Year

Mona skill doesn't work. It is useful as an extra hydro tower though. Jean's busted. I keep forgetting that I can break shields, so I'm just sitting near a pit waiting for something to get close so it can be yeeted in and cheering on my towers.

5. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

Jean is amazing for the reasons mentioned.

It appears that Zhongli res shred works too. The little down arrows pop up on enemies after I use it.

6. Gengar

High Score:
    Yeah you can do everything but dmg and bursts (given this, why Venti over Sucrose btw? Venti's E is pure dmg not cc).

This means:
    • Charge atk spam for perma knockback
    • Applying elements for reactions
    • Skills to block terrain (geo mc as op as Jean)
    • Breaking shields. If you have him, Childe is the bis at breaking pyro shields, esp a group of them with riptide.
    Atm i think best group is GeoMC/Jean, kaeya/chong, guba/klee, and whichever hydro you have. Given Mona's taunt is no good, prob barb or childe.

Electro towers are so good you don't really need electro units imo.

Xiao misrepresentation is pretty scummy. I'm less concerned by his quest as it's just fun, and more concerned with the trial. A nerf to his kit late on in ptr is no Ele particles with E during his ult. This SEEMS to not have been updated in the trial xiao's kit.

That's an issue given it's his biggest weakness.

7. Ched

I cleared out all the theater goals and bought out the Lantern Rite shop.

Is there any point other than ‘fun hard mode’ to the 3.0 difficulty setting?

Any achievements? Anything? I was surprised I cleared everything without needing to do it.

Disappointing if there’s not even a ‘well done you did it here’s 5 primos’ for it. Though I’m glad they aren’t pushing us to do a perfect clear.

8. KHAAAAAAAN!!

High Score:
    Nope, you don't get a thing. It can be pretty fun though. Fairly challenging if you're gunning for a perfect clear with no escapes.

Finally managed it with a barbara/ganyu and me on GeoTrav/Jean duty. The ruin grader wave is intense, and the speedy mitachurl waves can absolutely wreck your run unless you know exactly how to catch them with rocks.

9. Gengar

High Score:
    Honestly, I'm doing the bare minimum at this point. It takes way too long now. Either they need to speed up the mode by 100% (enemies and tower AS) or give us an object to interact with that speeds it up on the map.

I have zero interest in sitting around for a 10 wave mode...

10. diesIovis

diesIovis Seventh Year

Finally 9 starred floor 12 for the first time and it was one of those "is it 7:00 or 6:59" close things, but the game decided to be merciful. Now only floor 11 stands in the way of a perfect clear, though it's still only at 6 stars and I can't find the motivation to push that bullshit of a floor so unlikely I'll even try.

11. Ched

I've smashed out floors 9 and 10 to full stars for weeks without trying, same for 11-1. Continue to crash and burn on 11-2.

I despise watching videos and would rather stab myself.

I did find a guide about which things to taunt etc so I need to actually try that sometime. Bah.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2021
  12. Gengar

High Score:
    My Ningg is now at the point where she just needs talent levels, so I'm going back to farming better gear for Keq and simultaneously gearing Beidou. She's right up there with Childe and Xiao for me as the most fun character to play as in the game. I may also have a spare Wolfstone that's got her name on it XD

Will prob just go 2x Thundering Fury and 2x Glad on her. I might use an ER hourglass though (I already have a TF one with great subs). It'll gimp her a bit, but she gets a LOT of atk from her weapon, and with enough ER she's a bonkers support too with her burst.

13. KHAAAAAAAN!!

High Score:
    You don't need to do it.

I've stopped trying at this point. Hoping the next abyss update will get rid of the protect stage.

14. diesIovis

diesIovis Seventh Year

I said I wouldn't do it, but I'm sometimes more stubborn than is good for me and have now finished floor 11 with 9 stars too. Sucrose(6)/Fishl(6)/Xingqiu(3)/Kaeya(0) and Albedo(0)/Klee(0)/Jean(0)/Noelle(4), which are the same characters I used for floor 12 except Bennett for Kaeya and the team compositions were different. First team was just Sucrose group then freeze everything and dps down with Fishl. I never liked Kaeya, but wish I had a few of his constellations now as he's pretty good. In 11-2 I just focused the archers going counter clockwise and kept the rest busy with the occasional Sucrose Q and it was enough.

Jean does the grouping and throwing around for fall damage on the second team and the rest are just there for the dps check. I had to restart 11-3 quite a few times here as I couldn't group both agents for fall damage and then ran out of time, but once I did that it was smooth sailing.

Was it worth it? Not really, but not saying no to 50 primos and I think I should be able to do it reliably next time so there's that.

15. Gengar

High Score:
    Anyone rolling for Staff of Homa? Particularly those with a Geo husbando?

16. Ched

Probably not, but I'm waiting to decide. Zhongli is my only 5* with a c2 and I love the playstyle and character, but he's not one of my main carries at present (using Xiao, Razor, or Ningguang if I need range). I have Jade Spear on Xiao (got very lucky there).

Looks nice tho, with that stam and critdmg.

I'm wary of (and typically dislike) mechanics where I need to micro-manage. And I'm concerned that the buff on the spear that gives you a percentage of attack based on your HP, which shifts depending on if your HP is <50% or not, will be like that. I don't want to choose between (1) micro manage health bar for optimum damage or (2) fuck it I'll just do less damage and not worry about it. That always seems to suck the fun out of whatever game I'm playing.

Also I'm not spending tons of cash here. So far I always have Welkin and BP, and I did buy two of the crystal packs, but trying to hold off putting in more cash until I'm sure I really want something, and otherwise saving up.

17. Gengar

High Score:
    Fair. I'm not watching videos yet on it but I'm curious to see what the theorycrafters say. Regardless, I'm still saving for Rosaria.

As an aside, new event Inc where first three leylines a day double reward given (doesn't work with condensed resin).

I'm probably gonna spend that 60 resin for 360k mora a day. Seems good.

18. Clerith

High Score:
    Since I got spooked by Diluc in the Xiao banner, I pulled from this weapon banner, hoping for a WGS. Homa came out. Dang it. I know Homa was wanted by almost everyone, but I wanted the other one.

Now I have 20 pulls left, no Zhongli, and feeling obligated to pull for Hu Tao.

19. KHAAAAAAAN!!

High Score:
    Diluc gets by just fine with a BP wep or proto.

20. Clerith

High Score:
    Every character gets by just fine with a 4* weapon, but I have an unfortunate obsession of matching 5* characters with their best 5* weapons, in order to look good and feel their true power (outside of C6, of course).

Using a 5* character, especially a dps, with a 4* weapon just feels ...bad. I know it's a terrible mindset, especially for a low spender, but it is what it is. Actually, I can accept support characters having trash weapons, but for my main dps, my lead character, I want that sweet, matching 5* weapon.