1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WIP The Best Revenge Is Living Well by Chi-chi-chimaera - (Star Wars)

Discussion in 'Other Fandoms Review Board' started by Drachna, Feb 24, 2021.

1. Drachna

Drachna Professor

High Score:
    Title: The Best Revenge Is Living Well
    Author: Chi-chi-chimaera (gestalt1)
    Rating: T
    Genre: Family maybe?
    Status: WIP (Regularly updated atm, and the author has a good track record.)
    Library Category: Other Fandoms/Star Wars
    Pairings: Gen
    Word Count: (Early days yet) 18162
    Summary:

Maul dies on Tatooine and wakes up over 40 years in the past. He quickly seizes the opportunity to change his fate on Naboo, to free himself from his Master, to save his brother, and plot a new revenge against Darth Sidious with the advantages of time and foreknowledge.

Learning the meaning of friendship and family is just a bonus.

Link: The Best Revenge Is Living Well

So, I discovered this little gem after reading one of the author's other works, The New Sith Order. It's charming to be sure, and melds both canon and legends material to create a coherent, best of both worlds approach to the lore. Maul is well written, although the presence of some characters in the story feels a bit contrived. Don't be put off by the last part of the summary - there's plenty of combat and violence.
    I'm hopeful that the story continues, but I think that what's currently written suffices for a quick, enjoyable read, and perhaps something more in the future.

I'm going to rate it with a tentative 3.5/5 for now.

2. Donimo

Donimo Auror

I enjoyed that. It's too early to rate properly but I gave it a 3/5 for now. Maul going on about how weak Jedi were when he had just been one shot by Obi Wan is amusing.

3. Drachna

Drachna Professor

High Score:
    I always got the feeling that Maul never entirely recovered mentally from Naboo. What he really needs is the number of a good therapist.