1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Pokemon Legends: Arceus (Open world game 2022)

Discussion in 'Pokémon' started by Andrela, Feb 26, 2021.

1. Andrela

Andrela Plot Bunny DLP Supporter

2. Thaumologist

Thaumologist Fifth Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I am doing my best to not get too hyped up.

I am telling myself this isn't going to be as good as I hope it will be. It's just going to be the wild area, but larger. It's not sufficient to do a full game. That turn-based combat on free-roam like this should have been replaced with real-time combat.

I am completely aware I will book launch day off work anyway. Pokemon has sunk hooks in me too deep.

3. FlyingOctopus

FlyingOctopus Third Year

It's the concept we all wanted, but it's very obviously still in development, just look at the Chingling's up and down movement, choppy and laggy. Some of the movements and enviroments seem unfinished too.

As is my usual take on Pokémon (and gaming in general), I'll just wait until it comes out and see the reviews, streams and youtube videos.

4. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    FUCK

5. Jack-O

Jack-O Second Year

Initially I was really hyped, Gen 4 was my jam. But I'm probably not buying at launch. I bought Sword and the DLC and still haven't finished it. It was just that disappointing.

I wonder if they'll let us marry "become very close with" Pokemon in this one. It used to happen all the time in Sinnoh, apparently.

Definitely on board for the D/P remakes though.

6. Andrela

The only thing we know is that the village shown in the trailer is the only town in the game. This is basically the colonization of Sinnoh and there are no other towns. There are also no other trainers and definitely no gyms/league etc. The initial plot is creating the first Sinnoh Pokedex, that's why the Sinnoh starters are not the starters in this game, since none were caught yet. My guess is that the plot involving Arceus happens later in the game.

7. Vira

Vira Third Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I'll preorder. Because I'm a sheep. :(

8. Agayek

Agayek Dimensional Trunk DLP Supporter

Looks like Breath of the Wild: Pokemon Edition. I'm definitely intrigued, we're well overdue for something to shake up the Pokemon formula. Gonna be keeping an eye on this one.

9. Red

Red High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Optimistic, but I'm going to wait for more details.

10. Heleor

Heleor EsperJones DLP Supporter

The actual framerate in the trailer -- which is meant to be the best foot forward -- and that chingling -- kills the hype for me. If this wasn't being developed by Game Freak, or if it were more than a year away, or if they had help, I could see that being cool. But otherwise I think it'll just be a buggy, stuttering mess that sells millions of copies anyways.

(Nintendo brought in help to deliver BotW.)

I'd love to be proved wrong.

11. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    This makes me think the game might be to survival sandboxes as BOTW was to open worlds.

I'm no BOTW fan, but they did introduce a lot of mechanics that others still rightfully rip off to this day.

It does look a little ugly though... even for the Switch...

12. Rehio

Rehio Bad Dragon ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Seems odd that a different developer is doing the remakes while Gamefreak is doing Legends.

Legends doesn't have enough information. I hated SwSh too much for me to have faith in them anymore.

I don't know about the remakes' style. The tiny chibis are kinda off-putting at first. If it's a straight 1:1 remake with only this style as being something new, I'm not sure.

13. MonkeyEpoxy

MonkeyEpoxy The Cursed Child DLP Supporter

14. Seratin

Seratin Proudmander –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I'm hyped for this but it's still very early. I could really do with not being corralled into small areas like the wild area while it pretends to be open world and I don't want Pokémon appearing from thin air unless they're psychics. I want herd movement, flocks, apex predators with territories.

I'll still buy regardless, I'm Ishihara's bitch.

15. Andrela

I think this is because Gamefreak wants to focus all their attention on Legends. If it does well then it could be a new direction for later Pokemon games to go.

I'm already hoping for "Legends: Jirachi" and exploring ancient Hoenn.

16. MonkeyEpoxy

MonkeyEpoxy The Cursed Child DLP Supporter

Legends: Mew, Legends: Eternatus, Legends: Keldeo

Let's fucking gooooooooo. We could even bear witness to Regigigas creating the other Titans in this Sinnoh game

17. Andrela

In Legends: Celebi we could witness the tower in Johto burn.

18. Dresden11

Dresden11 Fifth Year

I'm hyped for this. My only other wishlist for this game would be for the turn based style battle to be replaced with the player controlling the pokemon directly via a system like Xenoblade. This means I could run around with the pokemon and have a timer after a move is used to simulate pp. That would be interesting to see. I also wish they had created new pokemon models that are just slightly less animated and more realistic to match with the world around them.

I am vaguely worried that there won't be much to do. This could easily turn into Pokemon Snap 3.0 where we just observe and catch pokemon. Though people have spotted a Galactic symbol on the trainer's clothes. It would be awesome if this world is the one Cyrus created and Arceus steps in later to fix it! So I am excited for this (and I actually like the D/P remake chibi look!) and have hope for where the franchise is going.

19. Rehio

Rehio Bad Dragon ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    New trailer.

I want to love it, but it looks so unpolished. Some of the environments just don't look like they've had any work put into 'em.

20. Heleor

Heleor EsperJones DLP Supporter

It looks better than the abomination that was the first trailer, but still looks a bit meh to me.

I'm going to wait for reviews to see if it has a good framerate and is actually fun and not just what is shown in the trailers. January is so close so I don't know how much they can improve it.