1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WandaVision (spoilers)

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by KHAAAAAAAN!!, Jan 17, 2021.

1. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Talk of Tony Stark and Far from Home reminded me of an idea I keep dwelling on:

You know how in Far From Home there were murals etc to Iron Man everywhere?

What I would really love to see, in the next Capt. Marvel movie, or the next Guardians of the Galaxy movie, is a scene on some alien planet... the characters are walking around... and suddenly they see a mural to Iron Man on a wall.

"Wait, you know Iron Man?" one of them asks a local.

"Of course," comes the reply. "There isn't a planet in the universe where his name isn't spoken."

Basically, some kind of recognition of the fact that Tony Stark didn't just save Earth -- he restored half the life in the entire universe.

2. ScottPress

ScottPress The Horny Sovereign –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Errr, no he didn't. Banner unSnapped half the life in the universe. Tony prevented Thanos from destroying the universe entirely and his own Snap destroyed Thanos and his army.

So yeah, murals for Avengers, perhaps Tony in particular because he'd seen how badly Banner got mangled and most likely knew he wouldn't survive a Snap, but did it anyway to ensure Thanos was stopped. But he didn't restore what Thanos had destroyed, that was Banner.

3. Celestin

Celestin Dimensional Trunk

4. Nevermind

Nevermind Headmaster

High Score:
    God, I love Paul Bettany. I could never be bored while watching that guy.

5. Arthellion

Arthellion Lord of the Banned ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I'm actually kinda mad about that. I was hoping it'd be something cool.

Honestly....I'm getting disappointed. The build up....the Quicksilver not being from an alternate universe....it's like The Last Jedi.

6. Celestin

More like Iron Man 3 if they do that.

7. Arthellion

High Score:
    That is a better comparison. I agree.

8. R. E. Lee

R. E. Lee Groundskeeper

I actually don't know that this was confirmed? Or at least, that wasn't how I interpreted it.
    Agatha said she couldn't use actual MCU Pietro because his body was "full of holes" and on another continent. But she's also in awe of Wanda because she is "capable of spontaneous creation," which Agatha is apparently not. So fake Pietro isn't a completely new being, like Wanda's new Vision. It might be that Agatha just mind-controlled one of the Westview residents and gave him super-speed, but my thoughts immediately went to the idea that it was somehow easier to pull a "different" Pietro that already has super-speed over into the MCU and has mind-controlled him.

9. Arthellion

High Score:
    Well...I'll keep my fingers crossed for your interpretation.

10. Stealthy

Stealthy Groundskeeper

Eh. TLJ may be the better comparison, at least in one particular respect. Falling down the fan theory rabbit hole, fandom finding an idea it really likes and therefore convincing themselves it's backed up by the text far more than it really is (Rey Kenobi vs Reed Richards/Mephisto/X-Men Universe Merger/whatever else), then being disappointed when the ideas the fandom invented aren't reality. Not to say that Marvel hasn't misplayed a fair few cards in this series (though I'm still giving it a net thumbs up so far), but looking at this thread I feel like the lesson is to be careful about drinking too much fan theory kool aid. That's not to say don't dream or anything like that, but just to be wary about your level of attachment. And also to realize that sometimes all that "build up" and "set up" isn't actually there, but just hype within your own head. I've got a guy on Discord who is adamant that Agatha is actually still enthralled by Wanda and this is still a subplot in her sitcom and that all the "indicators" point there. The human mind is phenomenal at rationalizing, and we're all susceptible to it.

They're not going to merge the MCU and X-Men universes in a Disney+ Series (if the lack of Xmen in the release schedule wasn't enough of a give away). You can't even say that they'd want to make their first series important and must-see with a landmark event because Wandavision wasn't even supposed to be the first one! They're not going to introduce and cast a Reed Richards this early. A random engineer is allowed to be just a random nameless engineer. The Doctor Strange 2 tie-in will probably just be that Wanda's "punishment" is to go be his apprentice and learn to control her powers now that it's been confirmed as magic (something that Episode 8 seemed to think was a much bigger reveal than it really was, but that's another topic).

Personally, I'd much rather Marvel take the lesson of "we need to do a better job structuring our mysteries" than "we can't do any more fun X-men verse cameos unless we're actually multiversing because the internet can't handle it".

11. Andrela

Andrela Plot Bunny DLP Supporter

Well, I have seen the finale.

I liked it.

No Dr. Strange. No Mephisto. Fake Pietro is just Fake Pietro, not X-Men Quicksilver.

Wanda chooses not to kill Agatha, but instead traps her in the "Agnes" personality in the restored normal Westview.

Illusion-Vision restores White-Vision's memories, which basically means that the real Vision is now back and out there.

Both the kids and the Illusion-Vision disappear once the Westview Hex disappears.

Monica meets the Skrulls who invite her to go to Nick Fury in space.

Wanda takes Agatha's Darkhold and begins studying it in a post-credits scene. And yes, this is the actual Darkhold which further enforces that Agents of Shield show is no longer canon (as it appeared there first).

I'm glad that for once Marvel chose to make the villain not be a one-appearance thing like with previous ones.

12. Rehio

Rehio Bad Dragon ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    That show will always be canon in my heart. Goofy bastards.

---

Acting was wonderful, story was enjoyable.

We've got plenty more Marvel to come this year, and this was a good start.

13. Andrela

Andrela Plot Bunny DLP Supporter

It was a really good show. It's a shame they were not able to connect it to the rest.

14. CrackedMind

CrackedMind Minister of Magic

It was a satisfying conclusion. The finale didnt wow me, but all in all it was a good show and a good first entry in the MTU.

15. Celestin

It was a good finale. It didn't have something to make it more, but at the same time it did what was expected.

Making the Scarlet Witch into a legendary being was a nice change. Apparently there was a retcon few years ago that it's a name of witches in her family, but I like this version more.

Vision continues to have the best dialogues. While not as good as about grief and love in the previous episode, his talk with other Vision and then last talk with Wanda were both outstanding.

Not sure what they plan to do with the White Vision, but since I was sure he will be destroyed, it was nice that he will be around.

No Doctor Strange was surprising, but it was just a rumour and shouldn't take away from the espisode.

What I'm disappointed is Marvel doing Iron Man 3. Unlike Bettany's comments, it wasn't funny, just annoying.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2021
  16. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    NGL that last Vision scene had me teary-eyed. Bettany is such a great actor. Please give him more stuff, Hollywood.

17. R. E. Lee

R. E. Lee Groundskeeper

Sorry for getting your hopes up, Arthellion. I was disappointed that it wasn't the real Quicksilver too.

18. TheWiseTomato

TheWiseTomato Prestigious Tomato ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I've been a fan ever since I saw him in Master & Commander back in 2003. Was hyped when I first realised he was the voice of Jarvis.

19. Celestin

It was A Knight's Tale for me. It's such a fun film that shouldn't work yet does and I'm surprised that nobody tried to do a GoT fic in that style.

Marvel should just have a series about AI and robots with Vision and Ultron as sort of Xavier and Magneto. Basically what Age of Ultron should be, but we only got a short scene at the end.

20. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I will FONG you!! Pain!!! Lots of pain!!