1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Fanfiction's Worst Summaries v10.0

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by Dark Syaoran, Jun 10, 2016.

1. MysteriousVibes

MysteriousVibes Squib

Worst Summary Ever (in my opinion):

"I'm not good at summaries. Just read the story please." Or any variation of that.

Ugh, it makes me so mad. People who do this don't even try, and usually the stories are shit.

2. aAlouda

aAlouda High Inquisitor

I mean, if you can't even write a summary it makes sense that you fail at writing a story as well.

3. Download

Download Auror ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I don't understand how anyone can actually like this shit. Making canon nice people into the worst sort of abusers so thoroughly stomps on my suspension of disbelief. And there are so many far less stupid ways you could create the conditions where this crossover takes place.

How about "parents die in a horrible accident and MC is sent to live with relatives in another country!" Cliche? Yes, but at least it's not retarded like a baby found face down in the bath tub.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2020
  4. James

James Unspeakable

Not exactly a summary, but a writing prompt from reddit/r/writingprompts, but I couldn’t find a better topic for it

5. Nevermind

Nevermind Headmaster

High Score:
    The Apache is such a meme at this point… still funny, though.

6. Advice Needed

Advice Needed Banned

True colors

By: SnapeRulesMaraudersDrool
    Au/OOC the night after the ministry Voldemort gone Harry learns he has been used by Albus and his so called friends. He makes new friends who teach him not to get angry, to get even. warn slash ment. child abuse HP/SS
    Rated: Fiction M - English - Hurt/Comfort/Family - Harry P., Severus S. - Chapters: 35 - Words: 53,021 - Reviews: 733 - Favs: 1,359 - Follows: 585 - Updated: Jul 12, 2009 - Published: Apr 5, 2009 - Status: Complete - id: 4971284

Author note: so warning ahead of time this is AU/OOC which was in the summary, so while I appreciate all readers, if this does not interest you please feel free to read another story. For those who like, please read, enjoy and review. And my grammar sucks some time, so if you need perfect grammar, please find a new story, you are warned here and now

7. ExperiencedGamer

ExperiencedGamer Fourth Year

You had me at the author's name. :nyan::nyan::wall:

8. darklordmike

darklordmike Headmaster

Isn't it great when the hurt and the comfort come from the same source? The adult rescuer grooms the child for molestation, but hey, he's got soothing words and a sexy baritone voice. So elegant and romantic.

9. Topgundragster

Topgundragster First Year

https://www.wattpad.com/story/235108808-mine-a-drarry-neko-fan-fiction
    Draco is a dominant Neko that likes Harry! Harry is an ordinary human who not only is abused by the Dursleys but by some people he thought he could trust. What happens when their friends are convincing them to confessor each other? What will happen when other people find out? Read to find out!
    Yep, it sounds like shit. Flaming dog shit.

10. ExperiencedGamer

The first mistake of anyone reading this summary was clicking on a Wattpad link... (EG is whistling nonchalantly)

11. Topgundragster

Topgundragster First Year

I took a peek at it.
    It's even worse.
    I switched to AO3 because of it. I used it when I was 11.

12. Download

High Score:
    Ugh. It almost like the know nothing about Sauron.

He's an angel know for his technology and craftsmanship. He served Aulë, the angel of craftmanship. His entire thing was being interested in making and building things. It was also his downfall to becoming Sauron (a theme I don't like very much). So yeah, good job mangling a fallen angel known for being cunning and using technology to defeat his foes.

13. Download

High Score:
    The Betrayed One Makes A Comeback (A Ash Betrayed Story) by TonyTainMent reviews
    After Losing In The Kalos League To His Kalos Rival Alain. Ash Was Off To Go Back To Kanto When He Gets A Nasty Surprised Waiting Back At His House. All of the People Ash Knew Were Their (And I Mean Everyone Major Like The Battle Frontier Brains, Cynthia, Diantha, Friends, Rivals, Elite 4, Gym Leaders, Etc.) And They Were Pissed. Why? (Read The Story And Find Out).
    Pokémon - Rated: T - English - Drama/Hurt/Comfort - Chapters: 3 - Words: 31,531 - Reviews: 12 - Favs: 21 - Follows: 23 - Updated: Nov 15 - Published: Oct 27 - Ash K./Satoshi, Pikachu, Butterfree, Greninja/Gekkouga

I think I puked a bit.

14. BlitherBlip

BlitherBlip First Year

When your fic needs a legend at the start of the first actual chapter, you know it's gonna be good.

Sauron wouldn't even need an army to conquer the real world. His greatest strength before the third age was in manipulating peoples arrogance and ambition to his own ends, it would take about five minutes to have all the most powerful world governments secretly serving him.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2020
  15. HarryNotHadrian

HarryNotHadrian Squib

Straight and to the point. No need for embellishments.

16. James

James Unspeakable

Just browsing HP/Avengers when suddenly

Also, a different story…

How do they come up with these names?

The idiocy doesn't seem to end.

17. dudeler

dudeler High Inquisitor

High Score:
    This is glorious. How do you find shit Like this? Simply sort by update?

18. Damy

Damy First Year

I like how they feel the need to specify that this differs from the movies.

19. James

James Unspeakable

Yes. Language set to english, rated: all and no angst and then I just read whatever seems interesting. Or not horrifying, as it is.

20. ExperiencedGamer

In His Shadow » by tpaturi Èleanore Jamie Alexandrie-Anais Adélaïde Margaux Potter was always overshadowed by her brother. Forgotten. However, it's time things change, and she'll come out on top.
    M, English, Adventure & Romance, chapters: 8, words: 32k+, favs: 3, follows: 7, updated: 11h ago published: Mar 5, Severus S., OC

I mean, the summary is just meh. The name of the OC, though, is another story, ha!