1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Marvel Cinematic Universe General Thread

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by Andrela, Jul 18, 2017.

1. Johnnyseattle

Johnnyseattle Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

A sorely needed remake.

2. Andrela

Andrela Plot Bunny DLP Supporter

So, the Marvels movie in November 2022. Surely that's the next Avengers, right?

3. Johnnyseattle

Johnnyseattle Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Nope, that's Captain Marvel 2. Will have Miss Marvel and Monica Rambeau (From WandaVision) as well.

4. Erotic Adventures of S

Erotic Adventures of S Denarii Host

Hyped for Spider-Man and Dr Strange.

Interested to see what they do with Black Pantha.

Worried about Fantastic 4.

Others and Meh.

5. Heather_Sinclair

Heather_Sinclair Chief Warlock

As long as Sony has absolutely nothing to do with the creative development, or casting, then it's a winner.

6. Erotic Adventures of S

So two questions:

How are they going to play out the Black Panther story post Chadwick.

How will they introduce F4?

For the first I have no idea how they will “kill him”, maybe as he snapped, someone else took over, and when he was back that person didn’t want to give up power. 85% Shuri becomes next ruler, 15% that guy from mountain tribe. Either way that guy will be the Black Panther.

F4... people guessing Wanda will trigger their creation, or at least mutants. I have no idea, Earth has access to space tech now, so their origin story could be similar to canon. We may not even get shown their origin, just jump in like with Spider-Man, as F4 has failed so many times. I think maybe Captain Marvel May be involved in their origin.

7. DarkAizen

DarkAizen Professor DLP Supporter

About Black Panther I'm almost certain they are gonna bring back Killmonger as the new Black Panther

8. Seratin

Seratin Proudmander –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    How though? I mean unless they kept him in a giant vat with wakandatech he's pretty dead dead. It's possible but I find it much more likely that Marvel will use Shuri's popularity to make her the black panther.

It fills out the black and female quote nicely whilst giving them an angle for the next movie. "In all of Wakanda's history there has never been a female black panther, you cannot do this, Shuri!" I can see the melodrama now.

9. Heather_Sinclair

Heather_Sinclair Chief Warlock

Regarding 4:

"Feige himself noted that, “The three live-action movies all did pretty poorly, and no one liked the cartoon show with the robot, or the cartoon show without the robot. Frankly, I don’t even know if anyone likes the comics. Our accountants even sent me a memo that said “it is fiscally irresponsible to invest in this property” but we’re going to plug millions of dollars into it anyway because we’re Marvel and I need to know if that genie wish I made for everlasting success was actually real.” "

10. aAlouda

aAlouda High Inquisitor

“Johnny Storm has a rich history of propelling the actors who play him to absolute stardom, just look at Chris Evans and Michael B. Jordan, so instead of auditioning actors we’re having them pay us for the chance to play the role. It’s all part of our new finance system. Some billionaire’s kid will want to be Johnny Storm so bad that we can pay for the whole movie, thus guaranteeing it can’t bomb at the box office,” Feige told reporters smugly. He then texted the “this is how I win” Adam Sandler meme to all journalists in attendance.

11. Fatality

Fatality Order Member

Not sure if you guys are already aware but Letitia Wright tweeted some pretty messed up stuff in regards to vaccines at the end of last year. She’s apologised and deleted her account, but for that reason and in light of the fact that she’s unproven as a lead I don’t think I see Disney taking the huge risk of resting a billion dollar franchise on her shoulders. At least I hope they’re more responsible than to give someone like that an even larger platform to spread misinformation to the kids watching their movies.

Plus, honestly at this point of the MCU I’m really not excited for another “oh no I’m not ready to be a hero/take up the mantle” storyline after Far From Home, TFATWS, and the first Black Panther.

Personally I think they should have recast T’Challa, although I can understand why they’d decide not to. I just think the character had an important part to play in the next episodes of the MCU, and it could have been a great way to carry on Boseman’s legacy if done respectfully. I’m also not sure there’s a way they can show T’Challa dying/going away off screen and have it feel right.

As for who might replace him as the lead, I’m honestly not sure there’s a lot of great options. Considering T’Challa spent the whole movie he had fighting against Killmonger’s vision for Wakanda, if you wanted to go with him you’d need him to be basically an entirely different character with different motivations (i.e from another universe with a different backstory). At that point is there any appeal in using Killmonger over an entirely new character, other than being able to reuse the actor?

Maybe one of the other side characters can step up as there is some pretty big actors there, but I’m not sure there’s any obvious choices that make a lot of sense in universe. Maybe Nakia/Lupita Nyong’o, but it feels like a bit of a stretch. Maybe that’s just because I can’t really remember much about her character from Black Panther, she was kind of filling the generic MCU love interest role from memory which isn’t the strongest of foundations to build from.

The title ‘Wakanda Forever’ makes me think there’s a possibility they don’t try to fill T’Challa’s shoes from the outset and just focus on the nation as a whole and the side characters reacting to the King’s passing. Kind of gives them some more time to develop a natural successor.

12. Erotic Adventures of S

You think they move away from any sort of King/Queen? Instead go to democracy, or some sort of Council?

13. Fatality

Fatality Order Member

I didn’t until you mentioned it, but the more I think about it the more it seems like a good idea. One of the biggest sticking points many had with the first movie was the strangely backwards system they had of fighting to the death to decide who would be the next leader, considering how technologically advanced they were. It would be a natural move following all the turmoil the system created with Killmonger, especially in the absence of T’Challa and in light of their attempts to integrate with the wider world.

Not sure it’s the path they’ll go down though, Disney does seem to love royalty. My meaning was more that there might be a movie about which character will take up the role of Black Panther that isn’t decided until the end, while presumably Shuri becomes Queen - the roles don’t have to be filled by the same person. There’s not too many others that can reasonably inherit the throne, but that doesn’t mean she has to be the film’s lead. Ruling can keep her plenty busy off screen.

Shuri really does work as the most natural successor in universe unfortunately. Still kind of hoping they recast her tbh, although I know it’s unlikely.

14. aAlouda

aAlouda High Inquisitor

There is a council, theTribal Council made up of elders from all the tribes, who seem to have decent authority by themsevles.

I think they do have to have moved away from the Black Panther monarchy already, since both Shuri and T'Challa have been dead for five years until the end of Endgame, so for the rest of Wakanda the royal family had perished.

I wouldn't be suprised if Wakanda had split up into several different countries following the snap. The Jabari had already effectively been ruiling themselves, and the Border Tribe were noticeably reduced after they aiden Killmonger. And Wakanda was originally made up of warring tribes who only united after the leader of the royal tribed consumed the heartshaped herb and got super powers and apparently divine backing. Now there was no royal family and no heart shaped herb.

15. Erotic Adventures of S

Wakanda is a small nation already with out breaking up.

A question I had in terms of the meta Universe.

How would the USA react to no longer being the #1 in the world in terms of tech. Its such a vital part of the balance of the world, that the presence of Wakanda would cause a lot of chaos.

16. Arthellion

Arthellion Lord of the Banned ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Knowing next to nothing about the eternals I was kinda meh about it...but this trailer has me piqued.

17. Mordecai

Mordecai Drunken Scotsman –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    As you say, very intriguing. I've no context to put it in, but the trailer certainly made me curious to find out what's going on!

18. Methuselah Honeysuckle

Methuselah Honeysuckle Squib

"We've helped, but never interfered."
    I was kinda exited about seeing Madden and Harington in the same movie, but if Marvel can't make a 2-minute long teaser to make sense, I doubt the script's gonna be any better. I guess, it's gonna be just another "shut your brain and watch the pretty pictures" type of movie from the assembly line. Man, I'm seriously starting to hate Disney.

19. ScottPress

ScottPress The Horny Sovereign –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    "Starting"?

Just now?

20. Methuselah Honeysuckle

Methuselah Honeysuckle Squib

Well, yeah, but I'm of the fortunate few whose childhood has been mostly spared so far.