1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Future Dresden Files

Discussion in 'Books and Anime Discussion' started by Erotic Adventures of S, Oct 23, 2020.

1. Mordecai

Mordecai Drunken Scotsman –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    My guess would be that in every universe of the multiverse the is a different Summer Queen and these are not necessarily of the same name, as who holds the title will vary depending on the history of that universe. And there is a single, solitary Mother Summer for the whole multiverse - so when Mother Summer needs replacing, one of the Summer Queens steps up. Perhaps its whoever is in closest proximity inherits the mantel, or perhaps the Mother can direct it in some way. But regardless, each Summer Queen is a distinct entity (although perhaps some sort of shared mantel spread across the multiverse?), so it causes no problems for the other Summer Queens when another one becomes Mother Summer, even if that Queen had the same name as other Queens.

2. Celestin

Celestin Dimensional Trunk

The weird part is that, up to this point we could assume that if something happens to Mother Winter, Mab will replace her, but apparently it's not the case. More so, I'm unsure when the Mother Summer was replaced, but assuming it happened in the past thousand years, the new one could someone like Titania or even Mab.

The one thing I would like to have clarified from Butcher is if the Outsiders need to destroy the gates only in one universe to invade all of them or the Apocalypse is an ongoing process that is happening with worlds falling already. I probably prefer the second option because with the first one the BAT will be rather unimportant on the scale of the multiverse.

If Uriel is only one for the entire multiverse then there must be something important about this one for him to risk his power just to help one version of Harry, no matter how much he may like him personally.

3. Erotic Adventures of S

Erotic Adventures of S Denarii Host

https://www.jim-butcher.com/the-good-people

New Micro fiction.

Molly POV set during the other Christmas Eve micro fic.

10 min read, a few interesting bits in there. Molly and her powers, and a bit more on the damage done to Chicago.

4. Raiko

Raiko Groundskeeper DLP Supporter

I liked it overall. Molly really is the best.
    Mort summoning Bruce Lee is just stupid. The line about Molly practicing temporal magic is interesting what with Mirror Mirror on the horizon.

5. Erotic Adventures of S

Agree on Mort. More fan service.

It’s a shame as I really like the idea of Mort, he is super powerful in his own way and there is a lot of depth to his field of study.

6. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    On the one hand, yeah, completely agree. On the other hand, I'd do exactly the same thing if I was Mort.

7. Erotic Adventures of S

8. dudeler

dudeler High Inquisitor

High Score:
  9. Erotic Adventures of S

10. Philly Homer

Philly Homer What you call elephant cum I call mouthwash

11. Erotic Adventures of S

12. R. E. Lee

R. E. Lee Groundskeeper

This is very good with lots of good information in here. His description of how the year-long book would work (built around twelve monthly dates with Lara) made me feel a bit better about the structure of the book, which is a departure from all his previous books, but from the way he talked about it I don't know if he's really started it yet. Which is disappointing, after a long hiatus.

13. Erotic Adventures of S

Yes he seems to be working on his other series, which is what he has done for while, but also why his writing speed is way down.

14. Erotic Adventures of S

https://www.reddit.com/r/dresdenfiles/comments/phee1h/butcher_at_dragoncon_2021/

Another Q&A:

* next book due to be finished in jan, so maybe mid year? Two year turn around.

* we will see the children of men and angels, we have already meet one.

* 22 books plus trilogy confirmed

* the Merlin’s plan for the red court was basically to position Harry to fuck them up, indicating he is secretly on his side.

The rest is fairly boring.

15. yargle

yargle Professor

I've always felt the Merlin was up to something. Look forward to the inevitable discovery of all his machinations

16. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

Speculation on who the child of men/angels might be?

Kincaid is a scion of a human and a demon, iirc, so it's not him. But I'd think we'd expect someone of similar ability, yeah? So probably not a wizard but rather a non-wizard with exceptional ability?

17. yargle

yargle Professor

My gut said Mac. I don't think that's the case as I'm 90%+ certain he is a retired Grigori.

No clue otherwise. I'd have to do a reread looking for them. My guess is that they most likely showed up somewhere in the Denarian books, just for the obvious thematic reasons.

18. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

Oh right fucking obvious. It’s been way too long since I read the books. Mac is obvious. It’s either him or he’s a blatant red herring.

19. Psychotic Cat

Psychotic Cat Chief Warlock

I'm pretty attached to the theory that Mac's a grigori, so my first guess for who might be nephilim is Rashid. Firstly, he's even taller than Harry so he definitely would've qualified as a giant. It would also explain just how he's been around for so long, given that Mai is considered 'Ancient' for reaching four hundred and Rashid has been around for at least three times that long.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2021
  20. Celestin

Celestin Dimensional Trunk

On the one hand it's 8 more books, on the other it's probably 16 years until we get the ending and all the answers.