1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Genshin Impact

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Gengar, Oct 8, 2020.

1. throwaawy

throwaawy Fifth Year

I skipped Kazuha to roll for Ayaka but lost the 50/50 to Jean. (C1 Chongyun tho, so… yay?)

Im too new of a player so Im not sure if not getting QiQi instead means I still beat the odds somehow or reddit was memeing “chibi!Ayaka” because theyre both cryo swordies.

Speaking of reddit, Im still catching up on the Archon quests but apparently the biggest meme there is Traveler simping over an NPC and crashing hard.

2. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Rolled Mona 50/50 at 76 rolls, Ayaka on guarantee at 72 rolls, 4 chongyuns, 1 ning, and 4 Yanfeis. Not great luck and I'm down to 13k primo, but mostly satisfied. Hoping between now and baal (2.2ish supposedly?) I'll get enough to get close to pity again.

3. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

I went into it wanting to c6 my Ning (I had her at c5) and got 7x Ningguangs in ~70 pulls. 1x Chongyum (their typo in a press release, not mine) and 1x Yanfei. Don't think I pulled any weapons? Maybe one Lion's Roar.

Won the 50/50 for Ayaka but wasn't that invested in her. Since I have her though time to work on a freeze comp as I assume that's her best comp. Maybe a Melt comp too - would she work with Bennett c6? He could turn her autos into Pyro and her skill would still active cryo, as would her sprint (I think), so might be able to chain a lot of them?

I haven't really read up on her. She should be a high-dps main carry, yeah? I've been wanting to make an element comp since my best comps at present are based off Xiao, Ningguang, or Razor (physical not electro).

I'm stupidly excited for Sayu. I love the description of her pet-thing rolling around and deciding on its own whether to heaI or damage enemies and I have some good claymores. I wanted to get pity on this banner so I can pull for Sayu with the least chance of getting Yoimiya... that's the real reason I dropped so many primos.

Down to ~700 primos. Hoping to have enough for Baal when she comes back up, but if not I haven't bought the $50 primo pack (bought the cheaper ones) and said I would if it was for someone I really wanted. So we will see.

Qiqi gets bashed a fair bit. Her healing numbers are insane but that's pretty much the only thing she does. Other healers offer a lot more utility while still giving a lot of healing, so Qiqi gets shit on for not being useful. Plus Qiqi isn't the best at applying Cryo.

Diona is also a cryo healer but she can do shields and I think she applies Cryo more readily. Kaeya is a free character and applies Cryo excellently, though he doesn't heal. Bennett is Pyro but his heal also includes a nice attack buff. Etc.

4. KHAAAAAAAN!!

High Score:
    She is definitely meant to be a main dps permafreezer with blizzard strayer. You'll want to run her with Mona/Xingqiu, a second cryo for crit/battery, and a swirler/debuffer. Then go all in on attack, crit damage, ER and EM. Due to her near constant cryo application, she will only need about 35% crit to get to 70% crit for cryo affected (good enough in rando co ops) and 90% crit in an organized permafreeze comp. A crit sword like Black Sword or Summit shaper will be absolutely phenomenal on her, as you won't have to grind much for perfect crit value artifacts.

Ayaka, Sucrose, Mona, Diona is probably going to be my main Ayaka comp.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2021
  5. Clerith

Clerith Ahegao Emperor ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Be careful you don't overcrit. With 4pc Blizzard and Cryo resonance, you get 55% crit chance. So you want 45% sheet crit chance to have 100% crit against frozen enemies (excluding any other crit buffs), so if you run a crit chance weapon, there's a high chance you'll waste your crit chance rolls.

Crit dmg > atk% > crit chance >>> the rest. EM does nothing.

The initial testing seems to say she's about Freeze Ganyu tier, though this could change. Her dash was a bit too awkward, and I already have a high invested Ganyu, so I'm passing on her. I'll just pull on Yoi/Kokomi and then all in on Raiden.

Liking Inazuma a lot. The time gated barriers are super annoying, but the exploration and cutscenes are clearly a notch above Mondo and Liyue.

6. Ched

Dropped 20 pulls on the weapon banner and got her sword, so that's sorted. And yeah she def needs Crit DMG not Crit Rate the most, given the Cryo resonance / buffs and her own ascension stat.

I do find her dash to be awkward. At least it puts Cryo on shit constantly? Not sure if I'll get used to it. Once I have her built a bit I'll force myself to get used to it. Probably with Diona / Xingqiu / Kazuha.

7. KHAAAAAAAN!!

High Score:
    Yeah I always forget EM does nothing for freeze.

Edit: Also...

Fucking what?

[​IMG]

Fully free. I reckon she'll do some interesting stuff, but ultimately be hot garbage in combat a la Traveler.

I love me some Horizon, but that is such a weird fucking choice for first crossover.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2021
  8. Meerkats

Meerkats Unspeakable

I'm currently without WiFi, have been since the 12th and the earliest installation possibility is the 6th of August. In my desperation I've taken to hotspotting my phone data onto my ps5. Works surprisingly well, ping usually in the 50s even with YouTube open on my phone. Downloading over heats the crap out of my phone but playing the game uses almost no data.

Inazuma is fun so far, the new puzzle mechanics are great and seem way more detailed than anything we've seen before. The story seems good so far too.

Fuck mechanical array though, absolutely fuck it.

Also Aloy being announced in a tweet is so odd, and her artstyle looks out of place but I'm excited af. Just wish it wasn't cryo.

9. Ched

Hate puzzles. These ones are worse. Always hate puzzles in every game. Fuck puzzles.

10. Galen

Galen DA Member

A lot of fuckery happening with electro barriers left, right, and center. I did enjoy the archon quest, though Raiden really kicked my ass.

11. KHAAAAAAAN!!

High Score:
    Ngl, I want MORE puzzles.

I love everything about Inazuma so far... except the leftmost island. It is pure cancer and I want Klee to nuke it into the sea. Ridged cliffs that are only scalable in certain places everywhere, exploration gating, raining everywhere, electro everywhere, lightning raining down every fucking 10 feet. Using Pyro at all is basically asking to get overcharged off a cliff.

The Chinese audience will throw a shitfit if a free character is better in any way than a paid character, so to be safe they put her into the same class and element as the game's strongest elemental dealer.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2021
  12. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I'm...not sure how true that is? Isn't Xiangling like the Chinese meta fav? She's free and super powerful.

Anyway, hadn't logged in in weeks when 2.0 launched, logged in to throw my primos at the sword. Got it.

Don't think I'm coming back until art farming is overhauled. Will probably keep it installed to collect apologems and the like though.

Btw, is it just me or does Aloy look like she has a different game's art style? She looks... off. Like a Dragalia Lost character? I dunno.

13. Ched

Aloy is from another game - Horizon Zero Dawn? Not sure. Haven’t played it.

There’s a new artifact trade-in feature where you give 3x gold ones and get a different one in exchange, but it’s just more dice rolls. I didn’t find it helpful personally.

14. diesIovis

diesIovis Seventh Year

There is a 5 part quest line that removes the lightning and rain from the island and it makes everything much better. Lots of annoying puzzles for you to do, so right up your alleyway.

15. throwaawy

throwaawy Fifth Year

tbf, after (admittedly mere) weeks of playing, this was the first time i’d ever gotten struck by lightning for the achievement after half-heartedly trying to run circles in storms in mondstadt

also i like puzzles. i must have sat for nearly an hour trying to figure out the 5cube one to lower the water level to reach the boss/shrine and laughed when i aligned them… backwards somehow (glows facing away from me).

i would take puzzles over fighting a full fatui party encounter any day. i must have cycled through my entire party dying 1.5 times over…

16. Gengar

High Score:
    Yeah, she is, a photorealistic one. I meant within the universe, I didn't think her art matched with the other characters.

Maybe it's just the shock of seeing Aloy in that style I dunno.

17. KHAAAAAAAN!!

High Score:
    The design in the inazuma story domains is unfucking real. Why won't they let us take pictures smdh.

18. Clerith

Clerith Ahegao Emperor ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Finished Inazuma today, 100%'ed the three islands, did all the quests that I could find, found all the culus, etc. I think that took a good 50 hours. Still have some achievements to grind, but those are optional and I'll do them later.

I liked this place more than Mondo and Liyue. I'll have plenty of time to get sick of it, but I love the Japanese aesthetic, and I greatly appreciated the new world and battle music. The story was pretty good (except the last part), a lot of interesting characters got introduced, there's definitely a sense of mystery, and overall it was pretty tight exploration. Farm domains seems decent, and there's a lot of small improvements to daily grind stuff.

Raiden and Kokomi leaks were... interesting. I'm kinda disappointed in Raiden ngl, I hoped for a main dps, got a burst dps/support that scales off ER and batteries your team. Her skills and animations are incredible, though. I hope she ends up being good, and not ...release Zhongli. If Kokomi's skill hits 6 times like it looks, it's actually gonna be insane. And I always appreciate a character with unique itemization, like Noelle. Maybe too much fish theme with this one, though. And Sara looks visually stunning, I love the Tengu aesthetic, and she's gonna buff your damage by a lot.

Ayaka ended up pretty overpowered (whales are saying she's the best dps in the game), but I think I'll end up skipping both her and Yoi, and then getting Raiden, her weapon, and Kokomi.

19. KHAAAAAAAN!!

High Score:
    Baal looks pretty busted and her animations are gorgeous. She's basically Oz and Albedo rolled together, with some shred at C4 (pipe dream for f2p), and insane party energy recharge. I still kinda hate her outfit, and her boobsword is pretty silly, but turret playstyle is my bread and butter.

Definitely buying my first big pack to guarantee her if I can't get to 26kish by the end of 2.1.

Unrelated: Electro Traveler energy regen is redonculus.

20. Gengar

High Score:
    Fucked around with early Inazuma. The story is still great (love the fixer dude), but that flying electro slingshot challenge can fuck right off.

Made me realize how much I hate the gliding in this game. That and having multiple of those sling points close to each other and needing to go one way but you're a milisecond too late and you go back down instead... I'm just ignoring them from now on...