1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Supernatural

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by Cyclops, May 17, 2007.

1. Cyclops

Cyclops Unspeakable

Does anyone here watch the CW show Supernatural? It's a pretty decent show, and the only show I watch on television besides Heroes.

It is about two brothers, Sam and Dean Winchester, hunting demons, Djinns, Vampires, Werewolves, ghosts, and other supernatural beings.

There has been much hinting at an all out war soon happening between humans and demons. The top demon is massing an army and intends to rule.

Despite the fact that it airs on a bad network like the CW, it is pretty good. The acting is top notch as is the writing. It kind of reminds me of The Dresden Files.

If you don't watch it you should give it a chance.

Supernatural airs on The CW at Thursday 9:00 PM Eastern Time.

TV.com page: http://www.tv.com/supernatural/show/30144/summary.html?tag=tabs;summary

2. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

<_< Lol, I watched Supernatural when it came out here like a year or two ago. It was awesome. ;)

3. Cyclops

Cyclops Unspeakable

You don't watch it anymore? Why not? It is still awesome.

4. japanese_jew

japanese_jew High Inquisitor

Yeah, I have to catch up on around six episodes. I forgot a few times, and then . . . bang, I was behind by OH MY GOD EVERYONE'S DEAD?!

5. Cyclops

Cyclops Unspeakable

Bet it was wuite a shock when you found out. :p

6. Bukay

Bukay Professor DLP Supporter

I'm still waiting for the last episode of the second season.

7. Cyclops

Cyclops Unspeakable

Me too. It's on tonight! :D

8. Cyclops

Cyclops Unspeakable

****Spoilers**** (I can't seem to find the spoiler tag icon)

Wow! Did anyone else see the season finale? It was great. My favorite quote was by the demon: "Your mom and your little sister-- I'll keep them alive long enough for them to know the taste of their own intestines." What a nice guy.

9. Nadino

Nadino Third Year

Thanks for the tip mate
    I might give it a shot next week.. heroes won't be back until september anyway.

10. Cyclops

Cyclops Unspeakable

For those who want to start watching, a repeat of the season premiere of season 2 is on tonight at 9.

11. Cyclops

Cyclops Unspeakable

I'm bumping this thread because of the upcoming season 4 premiere on September 18th.

I really didn't care for certain aspects of season 3. Bella and Ruby. I hated the characters and the actresses. I'm all for empowered female characters, but at least make them interesting characters and give them good actresses.

Other than that, the season was great. I can't wait for season 4. Season 3 ended on one hell of a cliffhanger.

So do any of you guys still watch it?

Last edited: Sep 4, 2008
  12. Chaotic Harmony

Chaotic Harmony Third Year

I'm not sure if this Supernatural show, has ever been on tv here.

Hmm, I'll have to ask around, I no longer have satellite and the rabbit ears only pick up local rubbish or pnp propaganda.

If you found a good website to watch supernatural on please send me a link and I'll check it out.

13. NataliaGAG

NataliaGAG Fourth Year

I spend 4 days in front of the TV watching the first season! Now, I'm very curious about the second...

14. Danjam

Danjam Seventh Year

I tried to watch it, as it was recommended to me by a few people, but I just couldn't get into it. It didn't help that everywhere I looked for it, all I saw was comments about how hot the two main guys were.

But mainly, the episodes I saw I thought were mostly predictable, and just never drew me in.

15. FollowTheReaper

FollowTheReaper Professor

It was aired back here in the middle of nowhere like... 2 years ago? Something like that anyways, t'was discontinued though >_>
    back when it was still aired, tuesdays 9pm, it was one of my favorite shows.

16. Kai Shek

Kai Shek Supreme Mugwump

Supernatural is one of those shows for me that I don't sit down and watch every episode, which I usually do. I'll watch it if I am relaxing and I see that it's on, but I am not really drawn into the plot or the characters.

I did like Ruby though. Lillith was awesome as well.

17. QuaziJoe

QuaziJoe Dolphin Boy

Personaly I love the show but its a case of the networks never airing them at the proper times.

You know those shows that some networks choose to air at say 3 in the afternoon, and they're all dark and moody or action adventure like.

And just the fact that your watching that type of tv show at that time of day makes you enjoy it less. Thats what its like when watching Supernatural for me.

The story's good but the setting I'm watching it in detracts from the show.

Though I loved one of the last few episodes of season 3
    that Ghost tracker spoof ...

Gay love broke through the veil of death to save their immortal souls...

Classic!

18. Kai Shek

Kai Shek Supreme Mugwump

Hmm.. Supernatural is run at 9PM here, perfect time in my opinion. What time slot is it in where you live?

19. FollowTheReaper

FollowTheReaper Professor

Kai: ^read last poast.
    Supernatural was/is a great show, I used to watch every episode. But yes, it got discontinued about 2 years ago, and now...:(
    But the bright side is that they started airing Jimmy Kimmel Live on monday :D

20. Anlun

Anlun Denarii Host

It comes on here Thursdays at 9, usually after Smallville. I think it's a well done show. The story-line isn't the best but the interaction between the two brothers is great. If the show was on cable it would probably better as they could do a lot more without getting censored. I think they push what they can and can't do a lot, and in many episodes you can tell the writers wanted something more graphic or more cussing and they just couldn't.

Great Show, Season 3 wasn't the best, it had some awesome episodes but the plot was a bit lame. I think Season 4 will be a winner.