1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Story Searches that don't require their own Threads - II

Discussion in 'Story Search' started by Dark Minion, Jan 5, 2015.

1. Dank

Dank Muggle

I remember 3ish years ago I read a (180?)k fanfic where harry is op. Invents ageing pills, goes to the moon, gets all the girls etc, it has so much sex.
    It was basically a stroke story. It was really good too. The problem is I can't find it. Either it's been deleted, obscure, or I'm retarded. Any help/advise.
    The aging pills thing was very unique and I do remember it.

2. haphnepls

haphnepls Seventh Year

If in doubt, C is the answer.

Re: I'm happy I've no idea what this fic is.

3. jitenshasan

jitenshasan Second Year

Looking for a story where Harry takes out a loan from the Gobelins because he has no money to pay for Hogwarts and Hagrid doesn't know that Harry has a trust vault/that there is a school find for poor students.
    I don't remember how the situation is solved but Harry is in trouble because of it and resents Hagrid for counseling him badly.

4. oflaba

oflaba Muggle

Help me find this trash.
    Harry kidnaps Narcissa Malfoy and sticks her in a cell in the dungeon of Grimmauld Place. Then he has Kreacher and her both take cat polyjuice like, Hermione in COS, so that he could see what house elf-human cat hybrids would be like.
    Harry is Lord Black and has either seduced or enslaved Tonks when this happens.

5. Otters

Otters Groundskeeper ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    No.

6. Madval29

Madval29 First Year

High Score:
    Im dead! Y’all are too funny sometimes.

7. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

I feel like I read this at some point. Just tried to find it but no luck. I don't remember it being great tho, so maybe you aren't missing much?

8. jitenshasan

jitenshasan Second Year

Yeah no big deal, it was a spontaneous request, because it just popped in my head and I thought that it was interesting that an author thought that there could be serious consequences of sending a dumb person to fetch Harry. (Sorry Hagrid fans but he really isn't the fastest boom in the shed). Well except for said person not noticing that Harry is in an abusive household and so not asking for him to be taken from the Dursleys, that was probably deliberate.

9. Download

Download Auror ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I've asked this before:

May have been post Hogwarts. either the Triwizard Tournament and Harry was of age or an for adults equivalent of the tournament with people from all over Europe entering. The bit that stands out most for me was a magical metallic tree covered in spines that would drink any bird or other creature than landed on it.

The story was probably shit, but I remember the tournament being pretty original.

10. LordNiffler

LordNiffler Squib

Hi!! I’m looking for a, what I think, pretty old fic where daphne greengrass breaks into muggle houses because she needs money to ransom back her family that’s kidnapped and being held at malfoy manor. I think that the story begins with her breaking into number 4 where Harry gears her and questions why she does this. She explains why and Harry agrees to help rescue them. I think that he uses a spell outside malfoy manor to alert the order (and the ministry?) and the order thinks he is captured and begins to attack the manor or draws them out. While the battle is raging they sneak in and rescues Astoria before the manor blows up(?) or daphnes parents weren’t in the manor. Can’t really remember… I’ve been googling for some time now and haven’t found it. Anybody knows it’s name or does it sound vaguely familiar?

11. Download

Download Auror ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    The start of what you described rings a bell, but I would not be able to track the story down.

12. MonkeyEpoxy

MonkeyEpoxy The Cursed Child DLP Supporter

I'm not gonna lie, that sounds fire as hell. Let's go DLP. Track it down.

13. Cas

Cas Slug Club Member

Long shot, but I'm trying to remember an AU story, where Harry and Ginny get introduced by Ron after Voldemort's downfall. I remember Harry being an Auror, and I think part of an exclusive group called 'Grey Collars'? Basically Harry and Ginny get it on but try to hide it from others, until Harry goes missing on a mission and he was framed by the higher ups in the Ministry and Ginny tracks him down to try and save him. That sound familiar to any one?

14. Goten Askil

Goten Askil Groundskeeper

Cas
  15. Anarchy

Anarchy Half-Blood Prince DLP Supporter

This one got deleted off FFN yeaaaaars ago. Published in 08 or 09, assuming its the one I'm thinking of. At the very least, I do remember a story where Daphne is breaking into muggle houses and coincidentally breaks into the dursleys. Unfortunately, I don't remember the name for it. I actually vaguely recall another story search for this awhile back as well.

Anyways, the problem with these old fics is that so many of them have been deleted. If it's from the early era, over half of them are gone. I have a Daphne fic I wrote in 09, and I'm pretty sure at the time I wrote it there were a couple hundred daphne fics already in existence. And now, it's the 45th oldest daphne fic. At the very least, half of the fics that came before it are simply gone. I don't think this story ever made the library or almost recommended back in the day, but it might not hurt to search. I did briefly check FFN but I didn't see it, but another problem with these old fics (if its as old as I remember) is that it might not even have character tags. A lot of the time you'd have to find these fics by directly putting Daph or Daphne or fem!blaise or grey!harry in the search bar and hope the author at least put those in the summary.

16. Cas

Cas Slug Club Member

17. soczab

soczab Professor

High Score:
    So... looking for a Harry in Slytherin fic.... as I recall the story was ok but not amazing but there was one scene i enjoyed that i'd like to read again.

Essentially it was an interaction with a ravenclaw... I think anthony Goldstein... where Harry was trying to fake a friendship with him... or get him to cover so he could so something else while pretending to study with anthony.

18. Odran

Odran Fourth Champion

Does anyone recall which fanfiction has an OOTP Dumbledore and Harry take off from Hogwarts once Umbridge and Fudge go up to Dumbledore's office to confront him about the DA?

19. LordNiffler

LordNiffler Squib

So I’ve been meaning to reread some older fics I’ve read some time ago and I’ve forgotten the name and author… what I remember of it is:
    - I’m fairly sure that fem!potter is a child of Poseidon and she realizes that the arrival of the Durmstrang ship in the black lake reeks havoc for the mermaids there and sneaks away to help them. While there she basically averts an attack to take revenge and the mermaids accepts that she represents them aboyer the surface. She has a meeting with Dumbledore, durmstrang and the ministry and the result is that some ancient pearl/artwork was to be returned and that the second task couldn’t take place in the black lake.
    - I’m also fairly sure that fempotter meets with dumbledore in first(?) year where they realize that the blood wards are malfunctioning because she can’t fight back against the Dursley’s and if she runs away the wards teleport her back.
    - another thing I think I remembered is that while staying at the leaky cauldron after first year fempotter has a meeting with dumbledore and helps laying out an anti-bullying plan
    - I also think that after second year she finds the portrait of slytherin and subsequently the rest of the founders who except for slytherin was frozen and hidden by an ancient headmaster and she helps with the rewarding of hogwarts because it has become so bad because every headmaster was just adding more and more wards.

Unfortunately I do not remember the name or the author of this fic nor do I remember what fempotter was called… I’ve tried to googling all different combinations of the facts above but to no avail… hope it can ring a bell for someone!

20. ZombieHunter

ZombieHunter DA Member

Alright, time for a request for a likely blast from the past that has probably aged into a guilty pleasure fic at this point. I cannot remember the Author or Title, but the story was posted in the 2000-2010 decade. It was the standard Harry gets and inheritance from the goblins, diagon alley -> (buys a phoenix egg?) -> portkeys to the potter family manor and runs into his very much alive mother and sister who have been hiding there ever since. It was Harry/Ginny as I recall, and later on they went through auror training including wilderness exercises, assaulted an enemy base from dragonback, and I think there was magical bulletproof vests in the form of battle robes or something. It was completed iirc.