1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Half human

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Erotic Adventures of S, Jan 10, 2022.

?

What half human creature would you want to be?

1. Merperson

2. Centaur

3. Minotaur

4. Satyr

5. Harpy

6. Sphinx

7. Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Erotic Adventures of S

Erotic Adventures of S Denarii Host

Which mythical half human creature would you want to be?

2. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

Sphinx has wings bruh.

3. Otters

Otters Groundskeeper ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I'm already half harpy on my mom's side

4. Erotic Adventures of S

Harpy is the only one that Is roughly human enough size and shaped to be able to comfortably move around the modern world.

5. lopeck

lopeck Groundskeeper

None? If the rest of the world stays the same, all of these sound like bad ideas. Even if we ignore the "getting stared at everywhere you go"-problem.

Merperson
    If we go with the classical mermaid, lower half fish, you couldn't live a normal life. You don't have legs. You can't walk anywhere, can't drive a car, bicycle, ect. You'd be stuck in a world not made for you. And you'd have it even worse then someone who's just lost their legs, because you're now dependent on large bodies of water. Your best bet would be finding employment at a water park. Otherwise you'd be stuck in a lake or the ocean as a hermit with no human amenities whatsoever.

Centaur
    You'd be far to big for this world. Stuck in a barn, unless you custom build a house. Shopping would be a pain. And you can't really travel anywhere you can't walk. A horse trailer would be you best bet and then you'd always be reliant on someone else.

Minotaur
    Probably the best option. As long as you can still speak normally that is.
    You new size might mean you'd need to special order clothes. But with how large some body builders or wrestlers are you should be able to find something.

Satyr
    Pretty much the same as the Minotaur, just smaller. And depending on your legs you might need to consider kilts or skirts as your only leg wear.

Harpy
    If it's a Harpy with wings instead of arms, big no no. If it's in addition, still pretty iffy. You'd need custom tailoring for pretty much all clothes to accommodate your wings and your clawed feet. Your wings would be far to big to be used indoors. So most of the time you'd be relegated to walking around on atrophied chicken legs. All that for the ability to fly. And if you ask anyone who flies drones, it's pretty hard to do in urban environments with all the cables, regulations, nearby airports, ect.

Sphinx
    Pretty much the worst of all options. You'd retain the ability to speak. But no clothes will fit you, you have no hands to do anything with, and if we go with the classical example, no wings. If you do have wings, it's pretty much the same as the Harpy, just worse. Though you'd be more agile on the ground.

However, if we consider magical abilities as well as physical changes, things get far more interesting. For example, if we go with some of the D&D rules for Sphinxes, they can alter time (including de-ageing), travel to alternate planes and cast a bunch of powerful spells. That'd quite easily outweigh almost all other factors.

6. haphnepls

haphnepls Seventh Year

Centaur.

Plan is to make every small talk about the brightness of a particular planet, repeat it so much that it pisses someone enough to cut my head off, and then join Headless Hunt and kick ass.

In my free time I would practice archery and sew those cute baskets made of rope. The greatest ambition would be to become a chocolate frog card, perhaps the first Centaur ever, even.

7. Steelbadger

Steelbadger Death Eater

Other: Veela, obviously. Because then when my mate turns out to be Draco Malfoy, he'll be helpless in the face of my advances.

8. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Satyrs seem like they have pretty fun lives.

9. Innomine

Innomine Alchemist ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I am intrigued that there is no clear winner yet.

I’d definitely go for sphinx. Cats are cool.

10. Erotic Adventures of S

I think I should of done two choices, one short terms, like a couple weeks. The other permanent.

I chose Harpy as they are the most Human sized and able to operate in the word. And flying would be cool.

Short term I would go Merperson as being able to really explore under water would be fairly cool.

11. Download

Download Auror ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    That or whatever other non-human but very human like creature.