1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Lost Ark

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Gengar, Nov 7, 2021.

1. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Anyone else playing the CBT?

I'd already played a bunch on Russia's servers, so I'm not getting anything new (aside from slightly better ping at around 180ms from Australia), though being able to play with the advanced classes without having to do the long ass prologue is nice.

Played the Summoner this time around, and I want to try the Sharpshooter as well before it closes.

A part of me wants to go hard to see what more of latter stages of the game has to offer, but it's so hard getting the motivation to play now when it's not permanent...

2. Agayek

Agayek Dimensional Trunk DLP Supporter

I played a bit of the beta, mostly just to try it out and see what classes I might wanna play when it goes live. It's a pretty fun ARPG, I'm enjoying it a lot. Haven't really bothered diving too deep into it though, cuz I just can't be bothered to put too much time into a beta.

3. Gengar

High Score:
    Ffs. No plans to have oceanic servers on launch.

The CM already took the complaints to the team so i hope they change on this like they did publishing in this region ...

They have New World servers in Sydney already...

4. Gengar

High Score:
    Game launches in 10 hours from when I post this (if you bought any of the founders packs - otherwise Friday/Saturday).

Will play for a couple hours and reserve some names before work (goes live at 4am for me lol) before coming back and no-lifing the shit out of it all week.

Anyone else playing? Given the no Oceanic server thing, I'll be playing on US-West Valtan (supposedly the unofficial Aussie server). I'll be playing Sorcerer.

BTW PSA: When you hit max level, you get a free character boost (1-50) immediately mailed to you. Also, if you don't skip any of the cutscenes, you'll get one more.

This is not a joke and I kinda appreciate the balls on them for doing that lmao. I assume they'll give you a warning in case you accidentally skip before doing so, but LOL if they don't even tell you...

Last edited: Feb 8, 2022
  5. lopeck

lopeck Groundskeeper

Nope, they reversed their stance on that pretty quickly. :D
    [​IMG]

6. Agayek

I'm gonna be playing for at least the first week or so. Horizon and the new destiny 2 expansion are gonna take priority once those come out, but I'll be playing this until then. Seems like it'll be a good time.

Important note though is that they said oh Twitter that the cutscene thing wasn't actually a thing. You'll get your second boost after the first. I'm not sure if it was a mistake, like leaving the t3 catch up stuff in the notes when those aren't actually in the game, or if they changed their mind after feedback, or even if they were just trolling people, but it's not something you gotta worry about.

7. Gengar

High Score:
    Good to hear. A little saddened by having the inevitable hilarity robbed from us, but still probably a good idea.

I think i'll use my two tokens on Paladin and either Soul First or Deathblade - the former only if I get the one name I want lol...

8. Gengar

High Score:
    I'm hoping to be in dailies mode by Horizon and Elden Ring. Hopefully. I have no plans this weekend XD

So they've confirmed only the T1 and 2 gear has the catchup mechanics then?

9. Agayek

Quite the opposite. They've confirmed that they don't have catchup mechanics. The original patch notes included them cuz they were in the KR/RU version, but that was an error and they removed it pretty quickly. You're stuck doing the full grind to get through T1 and T2.

10. Gengar

High Score:
    Ugh. Was hoping I mainly wouldn't have to deal with fail chances on the first two tiers of gear. Mad annoying.

11. Gengar

High Score:
    Fucking Steam. Didn't get any of the names I wanted (had like 10 prepped for each class...)

12. Gengar

High Score:
    Jesus fucking christ I just found the dye system in Lost Ark and... it's beautiful *sob*

Not only do the skin pieces have several colouring options per (3 on my legs and chest piece), but you can also apply a choice of like 20 patterns where appropriate (with the patterns' colours being independant of the section of the piece it's applied to) and ALSO you can individually adjust the shine of each section too (default, matte, satin, gloss).

upload_2022-2-12_19-34-7.png

Gave this all black armour skin a red with floral pattern accents look. Yes, I'm hot af.

Oh, they've monetized the shit out of this system obviously. Three different potions are involved for colour, shine and pattern and I bought them with the crystals that came with founders pack. Not terribly expensive, and it'll stop me from dying every piece willy nilly (I could have also died a head piece and the weapon, but i chose not to), but I'll allow it with a system this good and it looks relatively inexpensive...

I'm gushing a little, lol. I'm such a fashion end-gamer...

13. Agayek

Lol nothing wrong with that. I ended up running this:
    [​IMG]

Mostly for the memes; it was either this or the founder's pack skin and going full dragonborn with it.

14. Gengar

High Score:
    Can't dye the founders pack skins. Trash-tier lol

Also daily log-in today was a bunch of dying mats, so as long as you don't go crazy (I will), it's not so bad.

15. Clerith

Clerith Ahegao Emperor ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I'm a slut in a cocktail dress, and dying is one of those mechanics I might try once a few weeks in, but right now my brain has no space for colours.

16. lopeck

lopeck Groundskeeper

Pretty much. My gear is changing rapidly and I don't have any skins to dye. I'm more focused on getting at least one halfway decent piece of jewellery. So far the highest quality roll I've had is 36%. T.T

17. Gengar

High Score:
    JFC, the game going down three nights in a row for 3 hour maintenance during aus prime time - to fix stability issues in fucking Europe - is such a kick in the dick.

Couldn't they have done this shit on the weekend when I'll be playing Horizon anyway ffs...?!

18. lopeck

lopeck Groundskeeper

Alternatively, they took down the servers three days in a row to fix stability issues during EU primetime. :p
    I don't know why they can't take down regions to facilitate a decent uptime for everyone.Though, Australia isn't directly supported, right? So it makes sense to do some maintenance when it's primetime there as opposed to an area they are officially supporting.

19. Gengar

High Score:
    It's supported in that we're officially a part of their publishing regions, they just don't have the hardware to install servers yet.

It really is pretty inexcusable that they don't just mark the US-West server we're all on as an OCE one and treat it as such, even with 200ms. Every Aussie is on there and I'm sure NA peeps would want to know if they'd get queue times at odd off-peak hours...

20. lopeck

lopeck Groundskeeper

Ah, I thought they didn't have right to publish in SEA/Australia. But clearly I was wrong on at leas one of those. Over here in Europe we have the same thing with the servers, just with half a dozen different languages added in. Whenever someone asks a question in English on the un-official German server they get a deluge of expletives thrown their way.