1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Celebrating Seventeen Years of DLP

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Lord Ravenclaw, Apr 1, 2022.

1. Lord Ravenclaw

Lord Ravenclaw DLP Overlord Admin DLP Supporter

There comes a time on every internet community’s lifespan, where they must take a moment to look back at the path that they’ve travelled to get where they are. Some communities path barely travel a year, other maybe four or five. There are very few in the history of the internet that have managed to cross the threshold of a decade before falling apart either due to drifting interests, or infighting.

Dark Lord Potter is one such community that has withstood the test of time. Through some miracle of circumstance, we’ve managed to survive a cumulative seventeen years together.

Seventeen. Years.

Let that number sink in.

That’s insane.

In just 1 year Dark Lord Potter is going to be old enough to vote in the majority of countries in the world! In the HP Universe, DLP would now be "of age". In a year, DLP will be able to get a pint.

Because of this, the staff have come together and decided that it’s time to commemorate our long history.

To commemorate our experiences together, from the highest highs, to the lowest lows. From raiding other communities to our own civil war, and much, much more.

Several months ago we asked you to send us your memories and we had a massive influx of response to our request. We wanted to celebrate Dark Lord Potter’s history, and what better way to do so than by getting its members to tell us what they thought was important to them?

So, from the bottom of our hearts,

Thank you for being a part of Dark Lord Potter.

This year, on Dark Lord Potter’s birthday, we wanted to commemorate our time together. We struggled long and hard, and over many long, cold and introspective nights we came to a resolution.

There was clearly only one way to celebrate Dark Lord Potter’s collective history.

That way, of course is to sell out, ride the web3 gravy train, and release our very own line of

LIMITED EDITION DLP NFT’s!

Soon you too can indelibly own a piece of Dark Lord Potter’s history!

From unique and widely loved time periods of our History, such as the time we played Team Fortress 2 to that time we rebranded as Dark Lady Ginny. Dragonpox, Anonymous and more!

Not only that- but you can also own people (legally, even)!

Who wants to own Xiph0? I sure know that I do, and now you can! Do you miss Blaise? Now you can own him! Do you remember Rob? Most people don’t!

Each DLP NFT not only contains a precious memory provided by the community members, but it also has Artisanal Hand-Crafted Definitely-Not-Automatically-Generated Artwork! Unfortunately not everyone was willing to reach out with their memories so not everyone has been included in the DLP NFT COLLECTION.

Below are several examples of definitely real NFT’s that you will soon have the chance to take ownership of! To prevent someone stealing these NFT’s each one has been DRM’ed to avoid issues of theft prior to our official release to protect their intrinsic value!

#07 - Xiph0 - Admin
    [​IMG]

#41 - Eilfye - Story: Monkey Business
    [​IMG]

#209 - Rob - Banned
    [​IMG]

#292 - Dark Lord Potter - Among Us
    [​IMG]

#341 - typa - AWOL
    [​IMG]

#490 - Shinysavage - Competition Winner
    [​IMG]

#777 - Ched -RL Questions that don't deserve their own thread
    [​IMG]
    Keep your eyes peeled for the NFT drop as we usher in a new web3 future for DLP.

2. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

I'm going to own Sree.

3. Rehio

Rehio Bad Dragon ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I never did figure out where Blaise went.

4. Nuhuh

Nuhuh Dastardly Shadow Admin Retired Staff

So many good memories and friends lost in the ether. As I am now of the age where 401K plans are of immense importance I fully support this get rich quick scheme to support my retirement dreams.

5. Nevermind

Nevermind Headmaster

High Score:
    I always knew this whole DLP shindig was just an elaborate April Fools‘ joke.

Seriously though, happy birthday, DLP! Happy to have been a small part of the community over the last five years or so.

6. Alindrome

Alindrome A bigger, darker mark DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Gold! We've struck digital gold!

7. Arthellion

Arthellion Lord of the Banned ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    When do we get to start bidding?

8. Jon

Raven is finalizing the auction system.

More details will come regarding everything in the near future.

9. Innomine

Innomine Alchemist ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Hahaha, I'm so down with this. When I started reading the post, I thought that NFTs would be perfect. Then you guys actually did it.

10. TheWiseTomato

TheWiseTomato Prestigious Tomato ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    So we bid with word counts, right? Post count? I don't want to see any of these newfags owning a piece of DLP that my august presence entitles me to.

11. ChaosGuy

ChaosGuy Unspeakable

So were we not suppose to just right click the images then?

12. Innomine

High Score:
    Yes, and there should be a discount based on how old your account is.

Also, I forgot it was still April fools over there.

13. Jon

We're going to take into account multiple factors for how we're distributing currency for bidding on the NFTs.

Account age, post counts, amount of threads created, thumbs received, things like competition winners, prestige, or being staff, support of dlp in the past via supporter or the ongoing tiers of support, etc.

Obviously people who've been here for a long time and been very active in the community are going to have a significantly higher bidding power than someone new with barely any activity.

I'll make a post sometime in the near future covering some faqs.

14. Celestin

Celestin Dimensional Trunk

And now I'm confused. Is it real or just a joke because the Internet told me that NFT is evil and I was told we, DLP, are dark not evil.

15. Lord Ravenclaw

Lord Ravenclaw DLP Overlord Admin DLP Supporter

Yes.

16. World

World Oberstgruppenführer DLP Supporter Retired Staff

NFTs are not evil - they're just a tool, and it depends on how you use it. You can just as easily ruin someone with traditional finance.

17. Shinysavage

Shinysavage Madman With A Box ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    "There is no good and evil. Only NFTs and those too weak to sell them."

18. bangaboomerang

bangaboomerang Banned

I didn't know this forum was so old. I suppose being a forum for fans of such best selling book series played its role in the forum's longevity.

19. darklordmike

darklordmike Headmaster

In that case, I'd like to bid my entire 401k for Nukular Winter's NFT. I'm guessing that the fandom's hatred for Hermione will continue to grow, and Nuke's status as the Elon Musk of Hermione haters will pay for my retirement.

20. Innomine

High Score:
    But what about the rights of the extremely rich people who want to hoard everything for themselves??? Do you really hate freedom so much as to deny the rich their birthright?!

In all seriousness, if this isn't some elaborate April fools joke, and the NFTs do happen, I actually think this is one of the best/most legitimate use cases for NFTs. I've had no interest in the random NFTs people are making for money so far, but these would have real genuine history and meaning for me.

Is there some way we can link our long history in the community to the ones we buy? Some aggregated way to showcase our contributions, such as post count or account age brackets.