1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Other Fandoms Story Searches that don't require their own thread

Discussion in 'Story Search' started by Dark Minion, Jan 5, 2015.

1. Download

Download Auror ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10783499/1/Rogue-Knight

2. Odran

Odran Fourth Champion

That's not it - the one I'm talking about did not have memories of a Sith Warrior and did not meet Anakin and Ahsoka straight out like that. I remember him hidden in some kind of tomb on Korriban while the holocron was teaching him.

Still, thanks, at least you gave me something new to read.

3. Download

High Score:
    Eh, Rogue Knight isn't all that good. the SI is very much sith-lite.

4. Odran

Odran Fourth Champion

Having read the first chapter, it's not just that, it's the fact that he keeps referencing how he's not native to the universe. I get that this SI wants to wank himself off to infinity and beyond, but I don't care to read about that sort of thing.

5. MonkeyEpoxy

MonkeyEpoxy The Cursed Child DLP Supporter

It's fun from a popcorn Top Gun esque read standpoint, and it's automatically in the upper quartile of SW fics just because it's readable. I'm only three chapters in though.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2022
  6. Download

High Score:
    He actually stops that pretty quickly.

Yeah, popcorn fic is how I would describe it.

7. BTT

BTT Viol̀e͜n̛t͝ D̶e͡li͡g҉h̛t҉s̀ ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Possibly Path of Ruin?

8. Odran

Odran Fourth Champion

That one is set in the SWTOR MMO, so no.

Found it!

It's an abandoned fic, sadly, last update 6 years ago.

Embers Burn

And I was somewhat mistaken, it wasn't the prequel era after all, but post-ROTS.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2022
  9. Alistair

Alistair Seventh Year

Hi all, I'm trying to find a specific HP story I read years ago and can't remember the name of. I think it was a light cross-over with some dragon-riding type universe, but I can't remember much of the specifics except that the locals had various types of dragons for warfare and utility and that the setting seemed fairly Victorian in tech level.

The basic plot was that the three triwizard champions and a load of random Hogwarts students got transported into an alternate universe through a plot device that I can't recall the specifics of and ended up stranded on a desert island. They had dragon eggs from the first task with them as well, which subsequently hatched and were domesticated.

They proceeded to build a civilisation there having concluded that they couldn't get back. Harry ended up in charge and they built some faintly greek styled buildings out of limestone quarried from the seabed. Cho and Cedric had a child as well as I recall.

The first couple of chapters were from the perspective of Harry and the other students setting up their island home, and the later ones were interactions with the locals and might have been written as a series of personal letters between named characters and their friends and employers elsewhere. Certainly one was from the perspective of a scientist type on a naval ship who wrote a bit about their dragons. There was also one about them magically sinking a couple of warships that had threatened to invade them. I seem to recall that the folks they interacted with concluded that their island was the source of the atlantis myth as well.

Does anyone know the story I'm talking about? I'd like to re-read it for nostalgia's sake, see how it's held up.

Thanks!

10. Alistair

Alistair Seventh Year

edit: Found it. Island of Fire.

11. Drachna

Drachna Professor

High Score:
    Is it a HP/Temaraire crossover?

12. Alistair

Alistair Seventh Year

I think it is, yes. Having read it again recently, it seems to hold up fairly well, although it's shorter than I'd remembered.

13. Thaumologist

Thaumologist Fifth Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    It's one of Esama's shorts, I think it started as snippets then became a thing by itself. Link here

14. Drachna

Drachna Professor

High Score:
    Esama is probably one of my favourite SW fanfiction authors, and their HP stuff is pretty good too. It's a pity that they only seem to upload Assassin's Creed stories these days.

15. Calen

Calen Fourth Year

Has anyone read any To Your Eternity fanfics?

16. haphnepls

haphnepls Seventh Year

17. Odran

Odran Fourth Champion

Does anyone here know of a LOTR fanfic where two (maybe more) sons of Feanor come to the Council of Elrond to help the Fellowship in their quest? I think I came across this one on AO3, but can't seem to find it again.

18. Ackner

Ackner First Year

This is a long shot given that DLP isn't the biggest PJO forum, but I figured I'll try my luck here.

Does anyone remember a complete PJO fic on ffnet where he sided with the Titans and was possessed by Kronos? A few other details I remember is that it was sorta a Percy/Annabeth fic, they were both aged up and also had a daughter who I'm 90% sure was named Andromeda? The end plays out similarly to canon, with Percy (rather than Luke) sacrificing himself to destroy Kronos, except the cursed blade/promise bit is something about his daughter. I read this fic 4-5 years ago at the very least if that helps.

19. Teyrn

Teyrn Order Member

So I half remember a Naruto fanfiction, can't recall the title though. It had a younger sister of Madara? I think? But with a twist, she had some sort of unique sharingan that could resurrect people but she forgot about the ones she resurrects.

It's a long shot, but if anyone happens to know it I'd love to find it, just so my brain would stop trying to remember what it was called.

20. bobodoll131

bobodoll131 First Year

High Score:
    Hi, wondering if anyone here can help me find a oneshot I read a couple of years ago.

As I recall, it's a crossover set in a Harry Potter AU, with elements of Dresden Files. Draco Malfoy as the POV character is working with the Order of the Phoenix, which is in increasingly desperate straits after Harry and Ron died incapacitating Voldemort. As a result Hermione becomes obsessed with revenge, researching a Dresden Files-style bloodline curse that will wipe out all the related Purebloods now that the last ones she cared about are gone. She hides her notes behind a polarized mirror at 12 Grimmauld Place, the investigation of which by Malfoy takes up the bulk of the fic. That's as much as I remember, this might've been a part of a fic collection without much of a setup or resolution.