1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Everything Else II: Not As Good As The Original

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by MonkeyEpoxy, Jun 11, 2020.

1. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

Yeah, Integrity and Faithlessness was one of the worst RPG's I've ever paid full price for. Got burned hard there and am reluctant to shell out for the new installment.

2. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Picked it up on Black Friday for about half price. About 15 hours in. Pretty big step up from SO5 so far.

Pros:

Combat is glorious.

Graphics are smooth as fuck on performance mode.

English VAs are only mildly terrible.

Story is not anywhere near as cringe as IaF.

Characters are all actually interesting people.

Cons:

The UI and UI text is inexplicably tiny, which makes playing with the far superior Japanese dub impossible as a non-speaker because you can't read the goddamn subtitles.

The character model faces (particularly the girls) are absolute nightmare fuel. Even worse than the pink-wearing monstrosity from last game.

The cutscene animations are janky af, which is just baffling given how good combat animations are.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2022
  3. Sowaka

Sowaka Second Year

Damn, sounds good.

But yeah, the character models are really goofy. And I say that as someone who likes the goofy characters in Xenoblade X.

4. Odran

Odran Fourth Champion

Armored Core VI: Fires of Rubicon has been announced at the VGAs:

5. Jack-O

Jack-O Second Year

Long have I waited…

7590699C-17B7-4BD6-9B5A-E91902B50155.jpeg

Here’s hoping my PC can run it at an acceptable frame rate.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2022
  6. Odran

Odran Fourth Champion

Elden Ring ran decently for me, aside from the minor hiccups at launch, so here's hoping my 1080 will still suffice. I am looking however to get a 3080 in a month or so, provided I can find the specific model I want, as it's becoming more taxing to play on 1440p without lowering the settings.

7. ChaosGuy

ChaosGuy Unspeakable

I just want it to be good... but I'll probably get it even if every sign points to it being shit. I know a lot of the old Armored Core staff left to make Daemon X Machina (and then ran into funding issues because FromSoft curse sticks to you even after you leave) because there was no sign of 6 even being on the table back then so hopefully the current staff can still make a good AC game... and not just Souls but with robots.

8. Jack-O

Jack-O Second Year

Yeah, the trailer really gave me Souls vibes with the cinders/ashes/fire thing they went for.

I’ll be happy as long as they don’t make it overly online focused like they did with Verdict Day.

9. KHAAAAAAAN!!

High Score:
    The legendary edition remaster of the Mass Effect trilogy is on PS plus this month! The changes to ME1 are so good omfg. Like playing a totally different game.

I actually made a Pansy Parkinson femShep that doesn't look like a potato.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. Ash'Ura

Ash'Ura Totally Sirius

I played the LE before getting into ME proper (ME 5e ttrpg doesn't count) and I enjoyed all 3 games, with 2 and 3 tied for favorites. I've put 120hrs into the whole series so far (which isn't much, I know) and enjoyed both the story and gameplay.

My only initial criticism was that my romance options as a lesbian woman were limited. Thank God for mods.

Edit: Also, it might just be me but Shepard's legs looked really wierd in ME3 when she's wearing the dress.

11. Odran

Odran Fourth Champion

Can someone recommend me games I can play with one hand on PC? I had a minor operation on my non-dominant hand and I have to use it as minimally as possible, as it's stitched up and bandaged. I already have in mind Endless Legend and Endless Space 2.

12. FlyingOctopus

FlyingOctopus Third Year

Vampire Survivors should be easily doable with only one hand. Beware, it's crack and gambling rolled into a 5 bucks package.
    (edit; not actually gambling lol)

13. Agayek

Agayek Dimensional Trunk DLP Supporter

One Finger Death Punchand its sequel is an option. All it takes is left and right click to control it. It's a fun little kung-fu thing where stick figures fight in elaborate kung-fu battles you control via left and right click at the right times. There's not a whole lot to it, but it's a lot of fun. If you want a review on it, and some old youtube nostalgia:

Last edited: Jan 14, 2023
  14. KHAAAAAAAN!!

High Score:
  15. ScottPress

ScottPress The Horny Sovereign –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    After Andromeda and Anthem I can't muster the tiniest sliver of hype for anything from BioWare anymore.

16. Arthellion

Arthellion Lord of the Banned ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Is Gaider still involved with Dragon Age? Who’s the primary writers?

But yeah, Larian has replaced BioWare as the top tier RPG story choice studio for me.

17. Quick Ben

Quick Ben In ur docs, stealin ur werds.

have you played the baldur's gate beta?

How good is it?

I decided to wait for the full release. hopefully the second and third act won't be as truncated as Divinity 2

18. Arthellion

High Score:
    So I played the Beta when it first released and did one full playthrough of Act 1. It was pretty damn amazing. I'd call it a better version of Divinity in terms of gameplay. The story I would say is interesting, though I still am somewhat confused over the major mystery and story of what is actually going on at the end of Act 1.

The thing is, everyone I've talked to say it's gotten like a hundred times better since initial release. So I'm pretty hyped not gonna lie. It's definitely worth playing if you enjoyed Divinity and like DnD.

19. Odran

Odran Fourth Champion

It's all about the
    Bhaalspawn all over again. I don't remember all the details, but even though Bane, Myrkul and Bhaal got brought back, they demoted them to demigods rather than full fledged deities. The theory that's going about is that all the playable characters are Bhaalspawn, hence the delayed takeover by the tadpoles, and the Slayer was datamined from the game's files from what I remember.

20. Arthellion

High Score:
    That's...interesting. I'll be interested to see how they pull of that execution storywise. Especially considering,

that a lot of people who are likely going to play this one haven't played BG1 or BG2