1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Minecraft

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Feoffic, Sep 14, 2010.

1. ScottPress

ScottPress The Horny Sovereign –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    1.20 looks absolutely bonkers, tons of new stuff. Can't wait for the full release.

2. Erotic Adventures of S

Erotic Adventures of S Denarii Host

Almost feels modded with some of the new features.

I was honestly expecting an End update.

3. ScottPress

High Score:
    I think not picking a title and theme right away allowed Mojang more space to be creative and allow overpromising and underdelivering like they have with 1.18, an update so massive they had to split it in two. Perhaps this update isn't one big, themed overhaul update like many of the last several have been (nether, villager trading, world generation changes) but we are getting tons of new blocks and customization options. I look forward to two new wood types and hanging sings. Minecraft is still a top tier game.

4. ScottPress

High Score:
    I demolished my nether tunnel network and installed command block teleports instead. Took a while to take down the tunnels and fill out holes they left behind and now I have more glass and ice blocks than I know what to do with. Big project finished.

5. Erotic Adventures of S

Why’d you fill in the tunnels?

6. ScottPress

High Score:
    Think of it as fixing the creeper holes, but on a bigger scale.

7. Meerkats

Meerkats Unspeakable

I recently got back into Minecraft after not having played for something like 9 years. I always had an issue with how barebones the vanilla game feels after having played so much FTB, but 9 years off updates has left it feeling like a whole new game in parts. It's been exciting discovering all this new stuff.

However I have been playing with a friend on ps5 and we decided to set up a realm. I don't know what type of potato Mojang runs their servers on but this is some of the most frustrating tech limitations I've ever dealt with in a game.

The render distance is so small I can't see the other side of the valley our base is in and the potato code and potato servers means a furnace won't run if you're more than 64 blocks away from it.

I guess it's a fun challenge trying to fit everything I'll ever want to use in a 64 block radius.

8. ScottPress

High Score:
    @Meerkats

Realms means you're on Bedrock version and Bedrock is kind of infamous for being able to pull ridiculous chunk distance on a beefy machine. Seems like an issue on your end. Have you checked your settings?

9. Meerkats

Meerkats Unspeakable

I thought it was a Realm limitation? On a SP world I have render distance set to 78 chunks but on the realm it says I'm capped at 12.

10. ScottPress

High Score:
    Yeah, it could be a realms limit, but 12 chunks is still plenty to see far and it doesn't limit you to 64 blocks.

11. Meerkats

Meerkats Unspeakable

64 blocks is the "simulation distance". Anything that needs time to work like crops growing or furnaces working are disabled at that distance. I think even villager restocking is disabled as I had to move the entire village into my base to get their trades to reset daily.

Supposedly it's set to 4 chunks for bedrock realms and 9 chunks for java realms according to the wiki. Don't understand how java has the better performance.

12. ScottPress

High Score:
    They limit simulation distance so much? Wth, that's stupid. I'm gonna check it out for myself.

13. Erotic Adventures of S

Watching ilmangos terra ferma series I have a hankering to play again.

14. ScottPress

High Score:
    Hit me up if you want to mess around in the game together.

15. ScottPress

High Score:
    Teleport point for the WIP megabuild. Check the imgur post for more pics, just including the two here.

https://imgur.com/a/0I1Daek

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. ScottPress

High Score:
    Decided to move main storage to the megabuild, so it's gonna become my main base and main location to building for the foreseeable future. The island base will remain an important place because it has a ton of farms and it's in the spawn chunks, so the farms run continuously. The teleport system makes travel very fast, but it is refreshing to officially move into the new base, which needs a bedroom, an enchanting station and a super smelter. It's also big enough that I will need to build a mob drop farm so I can get a consistent supply of gunpowder for rockets.

I will post some pics later this weekend. Hell, I might make a video update, haven't done one of those in ages and I have a microphone now, so the audio should be much better.

17. ScottPress

High Score:
    I underestimated how loud the fan would be, so audio is very "throwback to 2009 potato-quality".

1:32 for a walkthrough of the castle
    4:20 for update on the new main base

18. James

James Unspeakable

"New update since… the last video update" —very precise time measurement. 10/10

"Not every block has a separate chest, that would be insane" —clearly, hundreds of chests of thousands of blocks was super easy to do, barely an inconvenience

"Purple and burnished copper works surprisingly well" —as a fan of Anaheim Might Ducks of Kariya/Selanne times, I agree

"It's gonna look pretty rad" —agree.

19. ScottPress

High Score:
    New megabuild: I'm building another castle, but with a different approach. Simple designs can look cool on a sufficiently large scale, not every build has to have intense detailing and complex block palettes the way BDoubleOh does it. I'm adding some detail to the buildings here and there, but mostly it's simple shapes, little block variation and I'm using the existing terrain to guide the shape of the castle.

It's really liberating to build like this, not spending lots of time on small details, adjusting the shape to be just the way I imagined it in my mind's eye. Hell, some elements even end up kind of ugly-looking, because I'm trying out some new things and not everything works, but overall, I'm pleased with the progress so far. My favorite thing about this project is how fast I can erect new buildings compared to a lot of my other builds.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 12, 2023
  20. yargle

yargle Professor

That dark tower is pretty slick.