1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

The Wheel Unbroken by TheAnimaniacDude - Game of Thrones / ASOIAF

Discussion in 'Game of Thrones / ASoIaF' started by Otters, Aug 21, 2019.

1. CrackedMind

CrackedMind Minister of Magic

I would find it very funny if the Seven’s answer to Jon’s offering/prayer is to hitch Mya Stone along for the ride now.
    “Oh you’re one body and one soul? Good fucking luck, Lord and Lady Greystark”

(I’ve really liked the Mya/Jon interactions and will be sad when this life ends)

2. Celestin

Celestin Dimensional Trunk

I really dislike when the main character suddenly gets companions in their loops. Maybe in the endgame it would fun to have all people that Jon interacted with be somehow awaken to the past loop where they had most connections to him, making it a kind of anchor, and really complicating his love life in a process, but for the journey my preferences is for the lone wolf.

3. Inert

Inert Headmaster

What a great crack premise. Time traveling hero finally accomplishes their goal, but instead of the happy ending all the people they interacted with over the years wake up wanting to kill them for all the inadvertent fuckery they caused.

4. Drachna

Drachna Professor

High Score:
    There's a new chapter out. I was excited to see it, but I wasn't the biggest fan. I feel like there has been a dip in quality over the hiatus, and the whole thing felt messy.

I'm looking forward to the next life though, and to seeing how this one concludes.

5. Lindsey

Lindsey Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

I agree @Drachna.

It was incredibly messy, and many of the characters felt OOC.

Littlefinger was able to convince everyone of Jon's guilt far too easily, especially Robert (Jon just saved his life!). Then, Jon was able to easily convince others that Littlefinger was responsible (even though he had no proof). And once Littlefinger was captured, he just decided to tell Robert about the incest. It made no sense, plus it wasn't needed as Stannis had returned and could tell Robert later.

But what was worse is that Jamie didn't even try to hide it. No one believed Littlefinger until Jamie straight up admitted it. Why the eff would he do that? It doesn't make an inkling of sense for how much Jamie has held his tongue over the years already. You also had Mance sacrifice himself for 'wanting to be free' when he probably would have been freed shortly after due to his contributions.

Lastly, Ned was completely forgotten about. Jon didn't think of him once, which is stupid, as it's very obvious this is why Jon was still alive.

The only good thing about this chapter was Theon's sacrifice. I enjoyed his arc here.

6. Drachna

Drachna Professor

High Score:
    I think that Ned is probably dead in this life, Jon asked if his father had gotten his sisters out of King's Landing, and Mance told him that his sisters were returning to Winterfell. He then said that there was something important that he needed to tell him, but it could wait, which it wasn't in Jon's character to accept at face value. I'm pretty sure that the secret is Ned being dead or nearly dead./SPOILER]