1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete The Lie I've Lived by jbern - M

Discussion in 'General Fics' started by jbern, Feb 9, 2007.

1. Akito_shaoku

Akito_shaoku Guest

Um Jbern, i realize this doesn't blong here, but I sent you a private message last night about an important issue

2. moniteur

moniteur First Year

Well, right. But on the other hand, if you were a house cat or a dog you wouldn't get in wife-trouble for laying around all day. Instead, you'd get your belly scratched, and fed food that smelled like something died, which I can only assume is more appealing to dogs and cats than us.

In all seriousness though, I'm really enjoying this story. I still don't care for the POV, but the premise is interesting. So what happens when Oliver rents "The Godfather" some night when Harry has the Hat there? Would it start making ickle firsties 'offers dey can't refuse'? That or the hat catches an Andrew Dice Clay show on the telly (ADC was a going concern in the mid-ninties right?) I can just imagine the Hat breaking into a dirty limerick about Dumbledore instead of coming up with a song.

3. jbern

jbern Alba Mater

Chapter 5 is now up.

For your reading consideration. I hope you enjoy.

Jim

4. Ragon

Ragon Dark Lord

Nice.

It just keeps getting better and better. At this point its on par with TFtCD. Its got a ways to go before its on par with Bungle but at this point its above average. My only complaint is WHY THE HELL WOULD KISSING GINNY MAKE HER GET OVER THE CRUSH!!!!

Im gonna go out on a limb here and guess that next chapter is a fight scene HJ vs the death eaters.

I have a question it may have been answered or obvious and I missed it but oh well.

Were James and Sirius the best in the school and later more than a match for most Death Eaters by the time James died?

4/5

P.S. Use the words in this chapter for the song.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2007
  5. Palver

Palver High Inquisitor

Potters defied Voldemort 3 times - they must be excellent wizards for that. I guess HJ with James memories and Harry's power (or should we say Voldemort's) would rank pretty high. I hope for some kick-Malfoy-ass in the next chapter :-/. Not once in the AU fic he was caught in the Quidditch World Cup DE party as far as I know.

6. Ragon

Ragon Dark Lord

Yeah thats how I think of James and Sirus. Im pretty sure they are supposed to be similar in power and talent. Ive always thought of them as sorta the go to guys of the magical world. The best of their generation by far in terms power and skill. Since Voldemort makes mince meat out of everyone except Dumbledore just about they would have to be exceptional good.

7. Erotic Adventures of S

Erotic Adventures of S Denarii Host

Wow you like that Penny with a death eater Dad don't you. All you gotta do is slip it into Turn me lose and you got all three. To bad her Daddy is in jail or she could contact him and turn spy for Harry.

Right now I would put Harry as one of the most poweful if not the most capable student (I say capable because it combines power, skill and talent". He would probably be even able to take most of the teachers. I mean he has huge power compared to most wizards (I say this because he is more powerful than James and he was a very good wizard) So he could take most of the Normal wizards and even Snape and Flitwick since they would underestimate him. Dumbledore and Voldemort would be shocked but are capable to turn it around once they realise he is more skilled than they thought.

I party was realistic I suppose for a 14 years olds party even though it's been a few years since I was at one. But I personally didn't enjoy it just because it reminded me to much of the dozens of overly fluffy stories that always play that game. I can see it was needed though to change the realationshipd in the story. Remove him from the Weaslys.

I hope to kills a few DE's. I mean James was killed by this war Harry had his life fucked over by it. There has got to be a shit load of hate there. Kill them all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS Shouldn't the hat already know about the tournament? I mean it lives in Dumbledores office and this has been planned for ages it would of had to hear something.

PPS You mentioned you made a rather large screw up doing this chapter at aff. Care to mention what it was. The only thing I could think of was you putting two guys in the closet but I know you arent that dum.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2007
  8. jbern

jbern Alba Mater

Thanks for the comments. The 'bad scene' was alot of posturing with HJ and the Weasley brothers followed by HJ leaving via apparition. He then went to see Arthur who was still at work. There was alot of Lord and Head of families crappola in it. Mainly, I was pushing the wedge between HJ and the Weasley family far too hard and far too quickly seeking extra 'justification' to exclude most of them.

The scene was universally panned and I looked at it the next day and realized they were completely right. The rewrite is much better.

I do think I did a nice job with Arthur. He comes off like a guy who has raised 6 volatile male children. He lets his shrew of a wife be the vocal hellraiser and he quietly works behind the scenes.

In my view, the Tournament was put together over the summer between 3rd and 4th year. The Hat was with HJ all this time. My only supporting argument in this would be that with a bunch of Dementors lurking around the school grounds, there'd be no way in hell that the other schools would say 'lets bring our students there!'

To answer other questions, James was a decently skilled wizard who was seriously training to be a professional duelist. He was very talented at Transfiguration and you'll probably see that in the fight next chapter.

Will he go rushing in and attack them en masse. Nope! He's already 'died' once. He'll do just what he told the Hat he would do, try and catch a few isolated stragglers.

Jim

9. Chilli

Chilli Seventh Year DLP Supporter

Hey jbern, I think we have confirmation that JKR has read your story. She's even posting spoilers about it ;)
    This is one of the answers at the recent WOMBAT on her website:

10. Ragon

Ragon Dark Lord

The Jealous feelings she must be hiding!!!!!(no sarcasm at all intended its hard)

Jim hurry up and update if you dont mind.

So James is Tom Riddle pre all the rituals or just very talented?

11. jbern

jbern Alba Mater

I'm sure her over 1 billion dollar net worth allows her to sleep at night.

I'm actually a bit behind. I've barely laid out chapter 35 of Darkness and have less than 100 words for that chapter right now. I need to get cracking.

Jim

12. Ragon

Ragon Dark Lord

Yeah a billion would help my sleep problems.

13. Ragon

Ragon Dark Lord

Hey Jim any idea when we can expect an update on this or Darkness?

14. jbern

jbern Alba Mater

I'm about 2k into the next chapter of Darkness. I realize that I'm behind, but I should have Darkness Chapter 35 by Wednesday.

Jim

15. Vengashii

Vengashii Banned

I cant wait that long. =/

16. jbern

jbern Alba Mater

Chapter 6 is now up for your reading pleasure. It checks in at almost 10000 words and covers a decent chunk of real estate.

I hope you enjoy.

Jim

17. Muttering Condolences

Muttering Condolences Card Captored and buttsecksed

Lord Baron William Potter ftw.

You never disappoint jbern.

18. Erotic Adventures of S

Erotic Adventures of S Denarii Host

Only typo I found. Remove the you've.

Over all pretty good. Fight wasn't as intence as I was hoping for but then I guess it was his first time our.

Love to see HJ playing with Snape and Draco.

I think Harry/Poppy might work rather well. It is pretty original.

19. Tarnished Blade

Tarnished Blade Professor

I believe it's listed as Harry P. & Fluer D. on fanfiction.net.

But this does beg the question: Will the veela be after Harry or is Harry gonna be chasing the older woman?

Last edited: Jul 12, 2007
  20. jbern

jbern Alba Mater

Thanks for the comments. To answer Tarnished Blade - it will be HJ pursuing Fleur. After all he's just a 'leetle boy'.

Jim