1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

BioPlague's Deathly Hallows Spoiler Thread [Only Warning: Don't Click if You No Want]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BioPlague, Jul 13, 2007.

1. BioPlague

BioPlague The Senate DLP Supporter

EDIT: All major spoilers will carry spoiler tags, requiring the member to highlight to see.

I am currently getting spoiled from what I think is a reliable source. It's the same source that got me HBP three days sooner than the release date (although I didn't believe it was HBP and was in quite a shock when I bought it).

Anyway, I'm checking things out. Here's one of the first pictures:

[​IMG]

Not 100% sure it's legit. I'll see as the topic is getting hectic. Maybe a .PDF or .txt will be available soon, who knows?

Last edited: Jul 13, 2007
  2. Lorelei of the Sea

Lorelei of the Sea Unspeakable

It looks legit to me. That illustration looks like something that Mary GrandPre, the illustrator, would draw. Is that Bellatrix in the picture?

3. BioPlague

[​IMG]

If you were hoping for any other ship, kiss it good bye.

4. Mordac

Mordac Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

So, who bites it?

5. Crazy1

Crazy1 Groundskeeper DLP Supporter

Post it NOW!! Is this the same one that you wouldn't link in IRC?

6. Mordac

Wouldn't link? Ha, he's probably just joshing us.

7. BioPlague

No. That was days ago and was a joke (that I had the story). I don't have the story atm. It's really just a bunch of sites going apeshit with scans and I happen to be on the one that's front and center to it all.

I have some ideas of what it's about but I don't want to come off looking like an idiot by posting it this early w/o 100% certainty.

All I know is if half of it's true, the story has the potential of surprising DLPers and being good. Dumbledore especially.

Will post more. Sorry for making everyone anxious. I assumed they'd be posting more much faster.

8. Dark Minion

Dark Minion Bright Henchman DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Yep, that looks quite real.

I'd be interested the moment you get the whole thing instead of just a few pages.

9. BioPlague

Ok. I'll give what I have atm on the Dumbledore subplot. Not 100%, will confirm when 100% confirmed but I guess it'll be better than hoarding any information.

Ch. 8 - The Wedding
    -Weasley relatives, Luna's father, and Krum all make appearances
    -Krum argues with Luna's father over the symbol
    -Dumbledore's past again, which is not pleasant
    -Kingsley makes an appearance with some bad news.

Ch. 10 - Kreacher's Tale
    -Harry finds a letter from his mother saying disturbing things about Dumbledore
    -R.A.B. is Sirius's brother (everyone knew that, lol)
    -lots of complex stuff on Horcruxes

Ch. 18 is titled "The Life and Lies of Albus Dumbledore"

10. Lecter

Lecter Seventh Year

Well, the scans look real enough. And the title of chapter 18, if that is indeed it, sounds intriguing (a little Evil!Dumbledore, maybe? One can always hope...), although in that case the book would have at least two chapters with the words "Albus Dumbledore" in their titles. How's that for unimaginative?

11. Mordac

Okay, now I know that, maybe not you, but someone IS joshing us. I read that letter from Harry's mom thing in a fic a while ago, and besides, the whole stuff is very out there for JKR in general.
    How about you link us that site though?

12. Muttering Condolences

Muttering Condolences Card Captored and buttsecksed

'The Life and Lies of Albus Dumbledore'? Sounds like the beginning of an Indy!/Dark!Harry story to me.

Of course, JKR would rather gargle a bucket of cow shit than have Harry turn against DD and the Order.

13. BioPlague

There's over 15,000 fics with letters from Harry's mom. This isn't a seeress prophecy forwarded through time bullshit psychobabble thing however. It's merely a letter not even addressed to Harry discussing Dumbledore.

As I said. I'm not 100% certain. I await more information but for the time being the pictures speak for themselves. If someone faked them, they ought to be doing covers instead of pranks.

Edit: You go for the obvious. No chapter title has ever been so obvious when it involves something of that magnitude. There's no deception. No deceit. Something occurred in Dumbledore's lifetime to where he was shoved into the limelight, whereas his brother Aberforth was delivered into obscurity.

That's the line of thought at the moment. You forget Rowling's leadup with constant "Dumbledore's past will be important" bullshit but farbeit for someone of Dumbledore's stature and character to be capable of doing something wrong.

You forget, he has no confidant.

Edit 2: Harry doesn't turn against the order. Nothing suggest this.

Edit 3: Website? Find one. It's being distributed everywhere.

14. Gabrinth

Gabrinth Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

We can always hope- if those scans are in fact real- that the picture that we assume is of Harry/Ginny is actually a pic of a James/Lily scene. I'm still rooting for Harry/Luna in the end. But I would love some canon Dumbles manipulations plots. Though that would show me even more that JKR picks and choses her plots from different fanfiction.

15. BioPlague

Why do you automatically assume it to be manipulation? Fanon has made everyone's ability to imagine the possibilities of Dumbledore being less than savory with a very shallow and crappy. Shit. He must be Darth Dumbledore fucking pulling strings.

Maybe it's something as simple as sacrificing his brother? Maybe it's even less. Maybe it's everything?

16. Gabrinth

I didn't say that it meant that he was 'Manipulative!Dumbledore.' I said that's what I hope 'The Life and Lies of Albus Dumbledore' meant. I would like to see that Dumbledore was a bit more human than the books made him out to seem.

17. BioPlague

Mm. I am questioning this:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I was curious about the jacket.

[​IMG]

Notice how the coliseum picks up like it's supposed to as it wraps around the fold? Either this is the best fucking fake in the world or this is legit.

I then questioned whether we'd be able to see the writing on the front of the jacket. I cracked open both my HBP and OOTP and found that there was just enough space between the bottom and the page to allow for no text to appear. The spacing falls within plausibility.

9 Chapters, then 10 chapters on the next 2 pages. It threw me off.

Checked HBP and the pattern is similar. 8 chapters, then 9 chapters on the next two pages.

I'm at a loss for these photos. They're not as easy to decide upon as Grandpre's art.

I am curious about the abrasion at the top left and center. I can't explain that. I also questioned the color of the paper and checked into it. Scholastic is suddenly using different paper for the final book due to demands by tree conservationists? Wtf?

Confusing.

18. Gabrinth

Hmmm, they could be real but it couldn't be that hard to fake. I mean I have seen pics of the cover art posted all over the internet. I'd assume that someone could pretty easily photoshop them and print them off. My main annoyance is the fact that the third to last chapter was 'King's Cross.' I will kill someone if they end up having the same old 'say goodbye at the train station' ending in the final book. I don't know why it annoys me but it does. BTW if I open the book and it has these chapter names than major rep points are deserved.

19. Dain Bread

Dain Bread Second Year

The first and third pictures look like they were taken in a rush, so I suppose it's possible that they're legit. It wouldn't be a cake walk to falsify that's for damn sure.

20. Snarf

Snarf Squanchin' Party Bro! ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Look at the words you can see on the opposite side of the page. They look pretty damn well matched up. This guy is either really good or legit.