1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Malignant Objects by Charlie -dashdot- Blue - M

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by razz, Mar 19, 2006.

1. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

... Aside from the Ring annoying the shit out of me, i still find this story mildly entertaining. Slash, Snarry or otherwise. I mean WTF. This Harry Pwned on his own. Fucking idiot authors.

2. Fuegodefuerza

Fuegodefuerza Minister of Magic

This author should have just kept in on the same thread that (s)he had it going on. (S)he's really good at description, though...

3. Yarrgh!

Yarrgh! Pirate King

Heh...the short chapter was out of the blue.

I found it ridiculous that Dumbledore has such an easy way of controlling harry....its like it HAD to be that way so that Harry would be forced to stay at Hogwarts.

She's a great writer, so this is pretty irritating to me. She could have made up a brilliant way for him to stay, if that's what she was heading towards. This 'ring' seems like it will just be something that means a lot to Harry, and he'll be forced to stay at Hogwarts.

I'm happy that it won't be Snarry, but still...Snape's character is over to top, IMO. I don't like Snape, but I cna tolerate a powerful!Snape. This SNape just seems ridiculously OOC. He might be powerful in Canon, but he IS NOT this sexy, intriguing character. He is ugly and vindictive, a bitter person who's nature is reflected in his looks.

I'm still reading it, but each chapter makes the story less attractive to me. I LOVED this story when it came out...i left her an extremely positive review. Now...meh.

4. Fuegodefuerza

I got the impression that the ring somehow blocked some painful memory, and Harry couldn't bear to remember, so he's gonna have to stay at Hogwarts until he gets the ring back...

5. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    One ring to rule them all, one ring to find them, one ring to bring them all, and in the darkness bind them...

Thats what I think of the ring...it seems to hold some sort of dark power that darkens the soul and magic of the wearer, perhaps makes them more powerful...LotR crossover anyone?

This chapter was OK...I hate seeing Harry manipulated but I feel that I can be confidant in the fact that he will be victorious in the end...and it will be all the more sweet for it.

As for Snape...personally, I didn't notice him much lol. Oh well...

6. Lord Apophis

Lord Apophis Professor

Even if Harry is forced to stay at Hogwarts so could he at least kill Snape to get rid of him :) It would also show the Order that they cant control him even if they have his ring that he for some reason needs.

7. Raijin

Raijin Slug Club Member

The ring bit was horrible for me. Especially with such a big change in Harry. I'm ignoring the next five chapters and then check what you guys say.

8. Fuegodefuerza

She revamped the latest chapter, adding a few scenes and describing what the ring represented much better. I think that she made it a lot better than it had been, so check out ch. 11.

9. Lord Apophis

Lord Apophis Professor

I really hope that Harry will not be as passive and weak as he was in the latest chapter in the future. Other then that so was the latest chapter OK even if I still does not like the idea of the ring.

10. Yarrgh!

Yarrgh! Pirate King

What are you, a fucking House-Elf?

11. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    The story has (finally) been updated.

The beginning of the chapter was quite slashy, but I find myself not minding, and the whole chapter reminded me why this is one of my top stories - beautifully written with a great atmosphere and characterisation.

Alot more about the magic system and the ring is explained in this chapter thankfully, and I'm quite pleased by it.

Still 5/5 for me.

12. Fuegodefuerza

5/5.

Overall, a fantastically written chapter that, as Taure says, maintains the high standards for atmosphere and characterization. Charlie is such an incredible writer, that it's not even funny.

The beginning was almost vomit-inducing, but the rest more than makes up for it. (S)He bounces back from what I view as a mistake to write one of his/her better chapters.

(Gender identification?)

13. Amerision

Amerision Galactic Sheep Emperor DLP Supporter

4/5

While I recognize that the author is a fantastic writer, I can't help but think she's some sort of closet pedophile. Every single child is regarded as beautiful in some innocently sexual way.

I just can't see how little five year olds are beautiful, twelve year olds having "...wanton slutiness...", and fourteen year olds who can make vampires go wild.

She's a Tolkien in the making though, and even more dramatic. Sometimes it goes over the top.

I can't help but chuckle at these.

Still, it's enjoyable. I only wish the author would be more equal in showing Harry's bisexuality. Most of the detail has gone toward the slash.

14. Brooklynight

Brooklynight Seventh Year

Awesome store. This is easily the best slash story that I have read. It has none of the fan girl fluff that we all hate in it. No matter how much you hate slash this story is a worthy read. The plot's great. a bid frustrating at the moment while we await Harry's return to his bad ass state.

This fic probably has the best description of criminal Harry I have ever read.
    5/5

15. Andro

Andro Master of Death DLP Supporter

Holy shit, I was looked Kalistar's favorite list and found this at the top. It just updated: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2817585/10/Malignant_Objects

What I think the author does best is how he/she weaves the atmosphere. The slash got overbearing at times and I feel it's not being balanced by het, and I really don't like how Harry's independence was stripped from him, but it's a good story nevertheless.

16. yak

yak Moderator DLP Supporter Retired Staff

The Big Bad is Back, baby!

After many chapters of emotional-cripple Harry, he appears to be his old self again. We'll have to wait for the next chapter for the author to show him off good and proper though.

TehGayButtsecks doesn't worry me much at all, because we never see Harry lusting after another man. But yeah, I want to see him getting nasty with the wominz too.

Harry's independence started to come back when the Lady and her Wolves stormed Hogwarts several chapters ago.

It is a good story.

Yak

17. Darius

Darius 13/m/box

The Octagon - Say that to my face and not online m
    This was an awesome story. Sure there was some assfucking between men but I pretty much was able to ignore it. It didn't bother me in the slightest, so slash romance. Just skip over the slash and you don't miss much significant.

5/5

18. The Virus

The Virus Squib

It was good until the author wrote about Harry getting ass pounded by a room of faggoty death eaters. Just a little too far out there for my tastes. If you can get by that, then you can enjoy this fic.

19. yak

yak Moderator DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Harry was a prisoner being tortured and raped by his captors (male and female). It had a very important role to play in Harry's evolution as a character... especially seeing as it lead to Harry becoming his bad old self again.

20. Memory King

Memory King Order Member DLP Supporter

This fic has just gone down the deep end.

I respected this author for the masterful writing skills, even if he managed to wash most of the HP-ness from the story. Lost track of it a long time ago, always intended to wait for more material before getting into it again.

Turning it into a HP/LV totally decimated my interest, however. Definitely not going to waste any of my precious time on this.

Not gonna rate, only know of this development because the summary was updated.