1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Hellgate London Discussion

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Midknight, Oct 7, 2007.

1. Inexistence

Inexistence Seventh Year

Yay, 2 legendary items!

If anyone wants to trade me anything for either:

Iron Mind
    Redirecting Raider Jawbone

they're welcome, as long as it can be used by an engineer. I'm hoping for something good. It took a while to kill that Brain.

2. The-Hyphenated-One

The-Hyphenated-One Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

I am playing right now if anyone wants to join me.

3. LogrusMage

LogrusMage Supreme Mugwump

Got the game. Level 9 Summoner. This is... a lot of fun.

4. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

5. Solomon

Solomon Heir

Hahahah, I do love this game; I imagine I'll spend quite a lot of time on it tomorrow.

I actually got a gun with 7 Mod Slots. Seven. I don't know what to do with the damn thing, but for the moment, I'm keeping it.

That said, there's something I've been meaning to ask about, but for the life of me, I can't think of what it is, now. Some item or character slot or somesuch. Maybe it was an action; I have no idea what it was, and it's pissing me off.

6. Nobody

Nobody Backtraced

I may start online soon. Problem is it's laggy as all hell for me, and that gets very annoying very quickly. I've played each class up to... 10. Haven't found one I really like more than the others. Suggestions?

7. Midknight

Envokers are weak early, hit hard later. Marksmen played with dual rapid fire weapons modded out heavy use of beacon are alright, but are glass cannons.

Guardians are the tanks, Blademasters do heavy damage, but have issues taking it, you'll be spending money on health injectors alot.

Summoners annoy me due to the minions dieing so easy, but they can be hard as shit to kill if played right.

Engys are fixed now, so I dunno about them.

8. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

I've been playing Assassins's Creed and Kane & Lynch a lot at the moment and have almost completely ignored this. o.o

That and I started American McGee's Alice again. Epic old game is epic. >_>

Assassin's Creed is actually really really good. I'm liking it a LOT. Well... except for the huge epic twist of the game is revealed in the first five minutes, but im not far in so we'll see whats in store for later.

Kane, which I've been playin over at a friends and dont actually own to play long enough to give a detailed review on, is Decent. The Fragile Alliance mode is the real interest in that, and mostly for the player interactions rather than any sort of gameplay perspectives. If you've played hitman, youll get a hang of this really quickly, but you'll find a lot of the same issues. poor aiming control/accuracy and such.

And on that note: 2 days to Mass Effect!

9. Midknight

Creed would of been so much better if they hadn't of revealed the twist so early on, or at all, if you didn't die.

Kane looks good, I still have never played Alice. Where'd you get the Red Riding Hood Sig from/inspired by?

Mass Effect, well at least ONE good thing comes from EA buying them, is Mass Effect will be fucking ported to everything including cellphones by the time EA is done the whore.

10. chronic dragon

chronic dragon Seventh Year DLP Supporter

Im about to play a game if anyone wants to party or anything.

Edit: Got disconnected so i quit playing. Also is Aldwych suppose to be dark as hell?

Last edited: Nov 18, 2007
  11. Nobody

Nobody Backtraced

Just made a Summoner named Zylle on Shulgoth. Gonna stick with that one for a while.

edit: Aaaactually... let's change that. Swarm rifles are far too much fun to pass up.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2007
  12. Solomon

Solomon Heir

Now I remember what my question was about, and I got it answered on the official forums. Achievement points; for bragging rights and something you can buy as a subscriber. Fan-fucking-tastic.

13. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

The Red Sig is from what was supposed to be American McGee's Red. Its a fan drawing, but inspired by concept art for the story. It, like Alice, is a sort of darker, horror variety of the originals. Alice is dated and the graphics are pretty bad compared to now, but its an awesome game.

The original of the sig:

http://fc03.devianta******/fs12/i/2006/284/d/4/Red_by_Beloved_Creature.jpg

Mass Effect looks AWESOME and I cant wait, but I keep hearing the combat system is ALOT like KOTOR. And while KOTOR is one of my favorite games still, the combat system was ... lacking.

I do seriously hope thats only a rumor.

14. Kenshkrix

Kenshkrix DA Member DLP Supporter

Considering it's a hell-based game, yea, it is supposed to be dark as hell.
    Anyways, any level that is super-dark they give you an item that acts as a flashlight, so if the quest-giver person gives you a pair of goggles, or something, don't sell them until you finish the quest.

15. The-Hyphenated-One

The-Hyphenated-One Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

I am playing right now if anyone else is.

16. chronic dragon

chronic dragon Seventh Year DLP Supporter

Oh ok thanks I was wondering why I couldn't break down the goggles.

17. Solomon

Solomon Heir

For those of you who haven't been able to pick the game up in a couple days, for whatever reason, there's been an update. Not that big of a deal, for the most part; fixing minor issues and the like.

The one big thing the update did is that as of November 20th, all Multiplayer Accounts have 24 character slots. This is no longer restricted to subscribers, and this is awesome.

18. Midknight

19. Solomon

Solomon Heir

From what I read on the subject, not a god damn thing.

Oh, and the Guy Fawkes event is done with.

EDIT:
    So, I got a Unique item; naturally, I was pleased. I could see that delicious yellow text, and nowhere on the item's name did I see that little red circle with the line crossing its diameter diagonally. I was immensely pleased. I picked the item up, and for the moment, left it at that; there were still some monsters to kill.

Once the monsters were thoroughly shredded, I looked in my inventory, expecting to see a beautiful blade with a yellow border. I must have gotten a beautiful weapon, better than even my Shenk's Shank (which I'm a little annoyed about, since it apparently has no abilities other than those granted by its four mod slots)!

...I was not pleased. It was a gun. A fucking gun. I could equip the damn thing once I got my accuracy up, sure, but that's pretty irrelevant, considering I play a blademaster, and 99.9% of my skills require me to equip swords.

What further angers me is that the abilities on that thing are fucking beautiful. All Stats +13, Swordsmanship skill cost -25% (give or take), and I think there may have been an "Increased Attack Speed" ability.

TL;DR version: I got a fucking beautiful item that I can't even realistically equip because it's a gun.

EDIT2: For those who want to see it, I've got it screenshotted here.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2007
  20. Midknight