1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Why is Ginny Weasley so hated?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dark Lady Pryor, Nov 25, 2007.

Not open for further replies.
  1. Dubrichius

Dubrichius Groundskeeper

After about fifteen shots of Tequila, maybe.

2. yhelo

yhelo Sixth Year

Well, screw her. She isn't a real redhead anyway. I'm talking about natural and freckly. I don't think it is some ungodly coincidence that every one I ever met look like she needed to be bent over whatever surface happens to be near by.

You know what, who gives a damn about Ginny. This thread is now about hot redheads that don't suck.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. jts360

jts360 Second Year

Well we can only guess that it was very poor casting when it came to the movies and really there was no predicting she would be hit repeatedly with the ugly stick as the years passed by.

Now I pose a question would Ginny's kids be more or less ugly if she were to breed with a troll. Would they just have their mothers ugly and their fathers stank?

4. Kardikek

Kardikek Groundskeeper

Hermione certainly grew up fine /whistle

5. The Doctor

The Doctor Unspeakable

Agreed.

I never hated Ginny until DH. In OOtP she became a mildly interesting sub-character, and in HBP became Ginny-Sue!, ripping my spleen from my body as I fought to counteract the desire to rip pages from the book and sacrificially burn them.

I entertained the notion that DH would turn out alright. How naive can a guy be? I got through two-thirds of the book, flung it against the wall, and went and read the synopsis on Wikipedia. What the FUCK?!

And then I read the Epilogue. What the FUCK?!

And poor Hermione. Poor, poor Hermione. Just another Weasley womb. So much for "brightest witch of the age". Seriously, I love the character development. Ron stays the same arrogant, annoying prick, Hermione loses 100 IQ points, and Harry ends up with a girl that looks exactly like his mother.

Freud would have been proud.

6. Ginny Potter

Ginny Potter Card Captored and buttsecksed

My guess is that most of you don' t realize that Hogwart's corridors are so heavily supervised that it's impossible to get in a randy bout of heavy petting, much less find the time for a hot beef injection on the stand-up position.

7. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Yes, very heavily supervised, that huge castle with about 14 teachers in.

8. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

...and a handful of ghosts. :)

9. Guest_

Guest_ Third Year

Mods are doing good work today.

10. Cxjenious

Cxjenious Dark Lord

Someone's had too many balls to the chin with a name like Ginny Potter.

Anyway, there are entire floors of Hogwarts that are abandoned. How much supervision can there be on an abandoned floor?

My HS was "heavily supervised", and I took a piss off of the 3rd floor balcony down into the basement. This was after I gulped down 4 bottles of Orangeade, so we're talking a solid 90 seconds or more of pissing.

11. Blaise

Blaise Golden Patronus

The portraits, if they really utilized them, could tell the staff pretty much anything that was going on in the corridors.

Back on topic: I'd say that hatred of Ginny Weasley pretty much stems from fanon - specifically here and here.

12. lilyqueen777

lilyqueen777 Banned

:) Funny reply! I quite agree ;)

I always hated how Ginny was introduced (in PS), and saying how she wanted to see her famous Harry on the train his first year, I never thought Harry needed that...

Plus Ginny towards the end of HBP when Harry "breaks up" from her, saying how he needs to do his work cause he's famous or some shit like that.

I guess I hated her as a character, because she was useless, and very much a Mary Sue in HBP and DH...:wall: Other than that everyone else said the same reason as to why Ginny is so much hated.

13. Nukular Winter

Nukular Winter The Chosen One DLP Supporter

I agree with most of that, except for the last part.

Fuck Hermione. The only thing thing in fanfiction worse than all the SoulBonds and Chest Monsters in H/G stories is the HenPecked!Harry and SuperDuper!HermioneSue featured in basically every H/Hr story ever written.

-NW

p.s. It's not "brightest witch of THE age", it's "brightest witch of YOUR age", (i.e. 13)--in other words:"You're the smartest 13 year old I've ever met". It's not like she won an award or anything, it was just a comment that Siruis said in passing.

14. Palver

Palver High Inquisitor

Yeah, I totally agree with you on this part. She is not a prodigy or a natural at magic. If she was "the brightest witch of her age" (I hate that when they write this in fanfics by the way), then she would do something like Dumbledore at school:

However she is stupid and stubborn enough to limit herself to the "official instructions" and narrow minded not to think outside of the box. No, she is just bookworm with a good memory and tense studying schedule.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2008
  15. Methene

Methene Auror

Palver, Nukular Winter,

You are both correct that Hermione is not the greatest thing to happen on Earth since the Roman Empire, but The Doctor does have a point.

Granted, she is not perfect, but she is a moderately intelligent witch that has some issues with fanatical crusades and obeying the rules. She would never stand a chance as a fighter, but she could do good with her logical mind coordinating some department, or dealing with the foreign ministries.

Despite her flaws, she is still better than the pathetic waste of food, air and water that the Weasley family are. I am a Harry/Fleur shipper so you can't accuse me of being a Harmonian. But Hermione deserved better than the flea ridden sad excuse for a wizard that Won-won is.

I have stated it elsewhere, but I find it disturbing how the Weasley family went from nothing, to dipping their grubby little fingers and encompassing many important characters in their village.

16. ParseltonguePhoenix

ParseltonguePhoenix Unspeakable

I don't really hate Ginslut. I hate what Rowling turned her into. As a first year, she worshipped Harry Potter, and then fucked up badly enough she had to be saved by him. After disappearing for the better part of 3 books, she does become a credible supporting character, but there still isn't anything special about her. HBP rolls around, and suddenly Harry has a roaring monster in his chest that never existed before...which sounds a lot to me like someone introduced a substance to his body. Then you get that stupid fucking comment as Harry breaks up with her.

She knows he would never be HAPPY if he wasn't out hunting down Voldemort?!? Sure, he wants revenge on the bastard...but happy? That's fucking ridiculus.

Then add in the One-Big-Happy-Redheaded-Freakshow, and it's a recipe for Hatred of the deepest sort. Ginny can be an interesting character in fanon, if a good author writes her well. But beyond that...she's a scapegoat for loads of disappointment in Rowling herself.

17. The Doctor

The Doctor Unspeakable

Fuck you, Nukular. I'll take HenPecked!Harry over ChestMonster!Harry any day.

Whatever.

18. ParselCrotch

ParselCrotch Backtraced

Room of Requirement?

19. Methene

Methene Auror

That I disagree with. There is no need to use the Room of Requirement for some private time. There is no need to use the damned broom cupboards either, since they are nasty, dirty, and probably the place Filch/Miss Norris get their "freak on".

Instead, the beautiful, simple, serene solution of the abandoned classroom is your friend. In such a large castle, there are bound to be many abandoned rooms, connected by secret corridors, with lockable doors.

Or if you're Harry, use the Chamber of Secrets, guaranteed exclusive usage. (I shall disregard the imbecility that is good at languages Ron)

20. ParselCrotch

ParselCrotch Backtraced

Disgusting image :(

I totally overlooked CoS. I'd clean it up a bit and invite the ladies in. Good idea.

Not open for further replies.