1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Growing Up Malfoy by jessie179

Discussion in 'Trash Bin' started by Sirius White, Dec 24, 2007.

1. Sirius White

Sirius White First Year

Story Title : Growing Up Malfoy
    Title : jessie179
    Pairings : Harry / Hermione, Draco / Pansy, and a bunch of others
    Summary : Harry Potter, after the Dursley's leave him in an abandoned warehouse Lucius Malfoy finds him on a hunch, and brings him to the Dark Lord. Voldemort makes Harry Potter, or as he becomes Draven Malfoy-Riddle, his heir, teaching him magic before Hogwarts letting him grow into his own skin. This leads Harry into another side of thinking..... read for more information.

Link : http://www.fanlib.com/s/Growing_Up_Malfoy/13qa04

All in all I think this is probably the best "Voldemort Adopts Harry" story I've read. Things don't go as I thought, but they progress. Dark!Slytherin!Harry, Manipulative!Slytherin!Dumbledore. This story stretches after Hogwarts years.

Let me know how you like it, and if I did this to your liking. The whole entering a story for review thing.

There isn't much Ron or Hermione bashing.

2. Rehio

Rehio Bad Dragon ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    That site is full of idiotic stories.

This one doesn't seem any better.

3. Mechanicalchrist

Mechanicalchrist Groundskeeper

No thanks.

4. DreamRed

DreamRed Seventh Year

Yeah, Mechanicalchrist about sums that one up. Also, Fanlib. That site is as much fun as smacking my head repeatedly into a brick wall.

5. Iztiak

Iztiak Prisoner DLP Supporter

Not a chance. I'd read a H/G story before I read a Nice!Malfoys story. Especially if Harry becoming a Malfoy was part of the plot.

Oh, sorry,"Draven Malfoy-Riddle" :puke:

6. Andro

Andro Master of Death DLP Supporter

The comments for the story were great.

The story itself, however, is a different matter.

7. Marie M

Marie M Raptured to Hell

It wasn't comments on the story, it was comments based on summery and site where the story was posted.

If this story was put up for review about a year ago, it'd be in library but now:

POTTER LAW

XXIII.
    If your main character has the same history as Harry Potter, but you have collectively changed his name, bloodline, abilities, friends, outlook, appearance, and have radically altered the socio-political setting of the Harry Potter universe as well as shifting the geographical focus across an ocean, you are not writing a Harry Potter story, no matter how many actual HP characters you have walk on and off the stage.

XXX.
    Seven year olds (and all young children) have a very short attention span and as such will not be dedicated to studying the intricacies of magic day in day out. In this way, unless time traveling has been involved, an 11 year old entering Hogwarts cannot know more magic than Albus Dumbledore.

~*~

That's all I can say from reading 4 chapters of this story and half of the Potter Law....Oh and Merry Christmas! :D
    </IMG>

8. PsyckoSama

PsyckoSama Groundskeeper

And thats about how far I got before I vomited...

If you can't even read the fucking Summary without feeling sick to the stomach, then the story just isn't worth it.

1/5

9. deathinapinkboa

deathinapinkboa Minister of Magic

Never rate a story without reading the first chapter. It may be shit, but you really have no ground to stand on to defend your rating. Besides, we're rating stories, not summeries.

That said, this wasn't really good. It didn't have grammar and spelling so poor that I noted it as an issue, and it is perfectly well written (none of the discription is bad, in fact some of the words are placed down quite wonderfully). As a DLP submission, I'd give it a 3/5, as no one will tolerate the plot.

Otherwise I'd give it a 4/5.

Edit: Death think's Marie M's avatar and sig are very funny.

10. Neo2b

Neo2b First Year

Nothing wrong with the grammar etc. However, the whole 'the hat is going to place you in Gryffindor, because your parents were Gryffindor too' was just plain stupid. Unless of course, everybody is a perfect mix of their parents.

However, rating the story based on the summary is just.. If your mission is to become popular with the rest of the people here, at least do so in a way that doesn't make you look like a complete idiot.

I probably would have given it a 3/5 had I been desperate for a story. However I'm not 2/5.

11. deathinapinkboa

deathinapinkboa Minister of Magic

After reading more of it, I'm changing my vote.

2/5

The reason you shouldn't do Nice!Malfoys is because it really seems impossible to pull off.

12. Vengashii

Vengashii Banned

I read the first chapter and couldn't stop laughing, LOL.

2/5

13. Vesvius

Vesvius High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

This goes in the pile that I've labeled "KILL WITH FIRE"

1/5

14. Niffler Lord

Niffler Lord Headmaster

Sorry just the summary turns me away. Draven? Sounds like the start to a slash fic... Having said that I did read it... about half way through chapter two... and i wish I didn't.

1/5

15. PsyckoSama

PsyckoSama Groundskeeper

Draven Malfoy-Riddle

Enough said.

16. Memory King

Memory King Order Member DLP Supporter

I don't find this summary interesting at all, it completely failed to draw me in. No rating from me, but I will say that Harry raised by Malfoys can be done well, as long as the author doesn't rape their characters, like most Draco fans do.

17. Deadman

Deadman First Year

The fic started decent IMHO, but it lost any appeal once Snape is sorta bitched out by a couple of nine-year-olds.

Severus Snape, despite what J.K. did to his character in book 7, has always been a bastard, and a very well trained and skilled bastard. OOC Snape pisses me off more than any other OOC instance in fanfics.

Not rating until I finish what's written, but as of page 7 I'm not impressed.