1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

1.0.1 Beta Is Here!

Discussion in 'News' started by PatronusCharm FeedBot, Jan 6, 2008.

1. PatronusCharm FeedBot

PatronusCharm FeedBot RSS/Atom Feed Poster Bot

Woo, I've finished what I consider 1.0.1 Beta and upgraded the main site to 1.0.1...you all probably didn't even notice, it happened in a blink of an eye! I'm surprised at how smoothly the zero-downtime upgrade went, so naturally there'll be a problem somewhere. Let me know by email or on the DLP forums with problems.

New features in 1.0.1:
    -Story tags. Story tags, or if you will, keywords are a new feature which allow authors to tag their story as say a Dresden story. Tags are not predefined and can include anything. Be sure to separate your tag entries. Adding a tag of "HPxSGA" isn't going to help any. Add Harry Potter and Stargate Atlantis separately.
    -Building on story tags, a fulltext search engine has been added to search on story titles, summaries, and tags.
    -Pagination on list pages, we have enough stories now for it to become an issue :D
    -Story exports. You'll be able to export chapters to HTML or PDF for download and reading on the go.
    -/u/authorname URL syntax allows one to easily find another author by their name.
    -Most search query elements have a toggle box now to invert the selection, so you can search the database for all stories that aren't in the Romance category for example.
    -Show/hide email. So you can protect your email from other users, even if they cannot be crawled by automated bots.
    -Add author alert from author profile for easy marking of alerts.

Note regarding the fulltext search: Due to the way MySQL works, the minimum word length is 4 characters. This will prevent matches on a word such as "HP", though I'm working on reducing it to 2 or 3 without negatively impacting my server performance too much.

I left out favorites notes/tags for this release in order to get this version out the door before I stopping having a lot of time to develop PHP. Also, exports of full stories isn't ready yet and will be in 1.0.2, but they are coming. For now it's a per chapter export. Enjoy the release, I've tried to include all I could this go around.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2008
  2. Lord Ravenclaw

Lord Ravenclaw DLP Overlord Admin DLP Supporter

I updated the major change list. It turns out I forgot a few things. :p

3. carl

carl Seventh Year

Edit your my.cnf and change the following if you haven't already (it should be under [mysqld] and then restart mysql:
    Code:
    ft_min_word_len=2

Then you will need to mysqlcheck -r the database for that to take effect.

4. Lord Ravenclaw

Lord Ravenclaw DLP Overlord Admin DLP Supporter

Yes, I know this, but I host a lot of fulltext indexes. I'm determining if it'll be detrimental to performance and really inflate the indexes if I change the word len.