1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Hellgate London Discussion

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Midknight, Oct 7, 2007.

1. The-Hyphenated-One

The-Hyphenated-One Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Anyone in nightmare yet, I am looking to party up.

2. Lord_Slytherin

Lord_Slytherin Third Year

I’ve been playing on and off for a while.

Characters are:

(Shulgoth)
    Insanity-x
    OriginalSin
    tehkinslayer

Feel free to give me a yell if you need help transferring or want to party.

Edit: Is anyone a sub? We should start a DLP guild.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2007
  3. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

I am but I'm not getting much playtime right now. Buying a house IRL, so working retarded hours again to come up with the cash

Set up a time Sat or Sunday night, and I'll try to be around to set it up if someone wants to fund one.

For that matter, where the hell do you all get cash? I tend to run empty completely. I ALWAYS find a godly piece of armor, with a few decent pluses to it, then I stick it in the augmentrix and throw some more on it of the cheap buffs. Got a few pieces of armor that are +4 or higher to all stats, with at least one +4 to stam/str/will on them as well. Tasty. I'm just always broke.

4. LogrusMage

LogrusMage Supreme Mugwump

Gah, I've played every class, and I have no idea which to go with. My SUmmoner is my highest, but I kinda fucked with this stats so I could keep using a legendary rifle. And I put a bunch of points in the tree meant for soloing. I think I'll keep him for soloing and pick up another for PVP.

What class is the most fun PVP wise?

5. Solomon

Solomon Heir

I kind of fucked with my Blademaster's skill points. A little more dire than stats.

*Placed about 5 points into Aura of Power, foolishly thinking it was the Hellgate equivalent of Might*

6. Lord_Slytherin

Don’t worry too much about the rifle. Sacrificing a few stat points to equip a high damage gun isn’t necessarily a bad thing. You just have to be more active as opposed to a purely minion Summoner.

PVP: Not going to get into it until some proper content comes out – but I can see guardian being a strong choice. Shield charge; stun lock, then sword of reckoning. Also has prayer of healing.

7. LogrusMage

Unfortunatly a Paladin was my first WoW character. Urk. I remember how surprised I was when I switched to my rogue. I was all "OMG this game is actually FUN sometimes!!!". Bleh. Fixed, self healing tanks ain't my thing.

How broken is the engineer?

8. Midknight

http://hellgate.ingame.de/skilltree/guardian/?l=50&s=02300114a8020000502006000500

Thats my guardian build I'm using right now.

Spiritual Strength gives me 24 points I can put elsewhere other then strength, Retribution phaes enemies to take massive more damage, while me taking 1/2.

Shield of fath line was a total waste. DO NOT USE THOSE POINTS. Shields are going nearly instantly later on. Complete waste.

Try to phase, then use shield turn to nail a large group, they get stunned hardcore, phased if not already phased if I have a spectral shield. Then I hit anchor and beat the shit out of them with SoReckoning.

9. Drake

Drake Seventh Year

Alright I just got this game today, and I was wondering if there was any advice any veterans want to give to a newbie.

10. Midknight

Read the official class boards. New build ideas are constant. Marksmen are glass cannons, Guards can take a hell of a beating, but are gear dependent. Engy are cool, dunno much about the caster classes.

11. Lord_Slytherin

Didn’t see this until now. Yeah I’d be happy to fund one. Give me a yell on Insanity-x and I’ll transfer the money.

Most people seem to make money by running NM Slugoth repeatedly - then pawning the stuff off to merchants or selling on the forums. Failing that, lots of +luck gear to increase the spawn rate of passageways/hellrifts/epic monsters helps.

12. Kai Shek

Kai Shek Supreme Mugwump

Not quite sure if this is worth its own thread, so I will post it in here due to the fact it is the same company.

I have been playing Mythos recently, a game originally designed to test the Hellgate:London platform, but has evolved from there.

It's in beta, and therefore only open after signing up for sometime. I have a measly two invites that I can give to anyone, just wonder if anyone is interested.

Read here and/or here before posting, it is not your normal Online game, and may hold interest for only a few.

13. Gullible

Gullible Headmaster

Sitting in front of a broken compooter, lolololol
    Ignoring Kai's post even though it looks interesting, does anyone still play this?

14. The-Hyphenated-One

The-Hyphenated-One Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

I haven't played for quite a while, it just started to become to repetitive. I'll probably play again sometime in the future, but not anytime soon.

15. LogrusMage

Agreed. Killing the same old monsters in the same old setting gets boring. The combat may be far superior to WoW fun wise, but WoW kept things interesting by constantly changing the setting, including the enemies you fight. Hellgate does not yet have that quality.

Still, a great game that I do not regret buying, unlike the new Madden for 360... grrr...

16. Midknight

I just havent have time with the move.

Mythos could of been the Diablo killer... except for the fact that it looks graphically like it's designed for children.

It bugged the hell out of me bigtime.

17. Kai Shek

Kai Shek Supreme Mugwump

Really? I figured that its graphically designed as if its going to be totally free to download and play.

I enjoy it for a few hours a day when I just feel like clicking and watching things die.

It just reminds me so much of Diablo, that the graphics do not bother me in the slightest, although there are many other flaws.

18. Midknight

[​IMG]
    Just looks too kiddy to me.

Reason why it looks like that though, is the dude behind FATE got hired by them and is making Mythos.

Edit: The character class screens actually look WoWish, but in game everything is cartoony.

19. Kai Shek

Kai Shek Supreme Mugwump

I can hardly argue that it looks cartoonish, because, well, it does.

Which is why I had originally said that the game may only hold a few peoples attention. I was never one to judge graphics over gameplay(one of the main reason I still play Ultima Online and Diablo frequently, but, I don't think the Graphics loook... bad in anyway, you can just easily tell it is a free game.

I actually got quite bored with normal play for Mythos, but have been making Elite(harder monsters) and Hardcore(Only one life) characters, making the gameplay more intense and entertaining.

[​IMG]

Edit. World of Warcraft, as a whole is very cartoony as well Midnight, just without the cheaper graphics.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2008
  20. Midknight

The weird thing with Mythos is, if they tweak the camera just a hair and fix a few lighting/shading issues, it'd actually look pretty damned nice.