1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned All My Love to Long Ago by Joe6991 - R

Discussion in 'General Fics' started by madeyemoody, Jan 11, 2008.

1. madeyemoody

madeyemoody High Inquisitor

Title: All My Love to Long Ago
    Author: Joe6991 (formerly known as this_old_dance)
    Rating: R
    Genre: Action/Adventure/Other
    DLP Category: General
    Pairing: Harry/Ginny
    Chapters: 10
    Words: 66,137
    Updated: February 15, 2008 (PC)
    Published: January 11, 2008 (PC)
    Published: February 20, 2008 (ff.net)

Summary: All was well, Harry thought, as his sons departed for Hogwarts. Yet those three words are never certain. The wizarding world has known peace, but it can't last forever. Join Harry Potter and his family one more time, as the adventure begins anew.... Post-DH

Link: http://www.patronuscharm.net/s/55/1/
    Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4085860/10/All-My-Love-To-Long-Ago

The first well written, truly captivating story that I've read that has come out since deathly hallows. Very canon centric but with a greater element of mystery, something akin to Tinn's writing. Well worth the read in my opinion.

Checked by Minion, March 25, 2013

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2013
  2. The Doctor

The Doctor Unspeakable

Someone's a Doctor Who fan...

Harry/Ginny? I'll pass.

3. MellowYellow

MellowYellow Fourth Year DLP Supporter

...? Harry/Ginny I didn't know someone could post that here without getting flamed, so here goes WTF is this.

4. ForsakenOne

ForsakenOne Groundskeeper

Okay....read the prologue despite the obvious stated fact. Nothing special. Seems like canon anyways. Deathly Hollows was horrible, continuing it = Moar horrible.

5. Lord Ravenclaw

Lord Ravenclaw DLP Overlord Admin DLP Supporter

Don't blindly jump on the anti-HG bandwagon and comment as such without first having at least tried the story. Most of us hate H/G, but generally because of the cliched fanon portrayal of her. Most of us will still read a good story, no matter if it's H/G or not. Review objectively and intelligently.

In my objective opinion, this is one of the most promising Post-DH stories yet...actually one of the better stories I've seen for a while. It's captivating, mysterious. It draws you in. The dialog has a natural flow and the plot is given in teasing hints. 5/5. H/G hardly even comes into it.

6. madeyemoody

madeyemoody High Inquisitor

a voice of reason, thank-you. The H/G is very much downplayed, this is not a romance fic.

madeyemoody

p.s. I hate H/G in general but this is quite good for the darker elements

7. hchan1

hchan1 Sixth Year

Christ, can you actually read the story before flaming it? Flaming a trite H/G fic is one thing, but flaming it based on the ship alone?

That being said, haven't actually read the thing so I'll comment later.

8. Subcomandante_Taco

Subcomandante_Taco Seventh Year

This is quite good... Ok not good, but great. Really, the H/G is barely present, and everything else more than makes up for it. The dialogs and characterization is perfect- even people like Albus Severus Potter, which is a terrible name, grows into his own even becomes likeable, realistic character in this story. Really, keep an open mind when reading stories. 5/5

EDIT:

I was a bit dissapointed though when they didn't put Albus Severus Potter into Slytherin, it would've been cool, but that's pretty minor.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2008
  9. The Sinner

The Sinner Looked into the void

Somewhere between the heretic and Un'aria
    After reading both prologues, I must say that I have become very interested in this story. Good flow to the story, good grammar, and minimal H/G, which is not done bad at all.

Does anyone know if this is a crossover? I get that feeling, like perhaps with The Wheel of Time? Keep in mind, I have never read the series, but it crossed my mind as I have been seeing more and more of those around lately.

Reserve a rating until I have finished reading the currently posted chapters.

10. Lincos

Lincos Professor DLP Supporter

I can't believe this story actually got posted, we talked about it in IRC last night and no one liked it, Plus its Post-DH+Epilogue. What more could you not ask for?

11. King Dimension

King Dimension First Year

I actually liked the story, surprisingly. Till now, I've never followed any next generation fics. Promising.

12. fuubar

fuubar Headmaster

Well I never would have thought that there could be a good post DH epilogue story that was actually any good but this just goes to show what I know I guess. Very interesting plot that is being slipped out piece by piece and making me wonder just where he/she is headed with this story. For now I'm gonna go with 4/5. I could easily see that going to a 5 if the author keeps this quality up.

13. The Sinner

True, this story is post-DH epilogue, but it does it in a way that makes it enjoyable to read. The is already a sense of mystery in the story, but nothing that everyone and their red-headed whore are aware of by the second paragraph.

14. Samuel Black

Samuel Black Chief Warlock

I tried to read this, I really did. The DH book and epilogue, however, left such a bad taste in my mouth afterwards that I can't really enjoy this. It is well written, though. It's just not for me.

15. Memory King

Memory King Order Member DLP Supporter

The story does an excellent job of staying compliant with DH canon, while retaining the charm of the earlier books. Pass this one up, and you're definitely missing out! 5/5 for sure.

16. Rin

Rin Oberstgruppenführer DLP Supporter

I quite enjoyed it. 5/5

17. The Sinner

New chapter posted.

Voting that this be entered into the library, probably under General.

18. Mechanicalchrist

Mechanicalchrist Groundskeeper

It's very well written, I must admit. Still, I just couldn't get into it at all. Maybe it's my dislike for long, non-Harry-centric fics, or maybe it's because Albus Severus can only barely be considered a canon character, but 3/5.

19. kpayne

kpayne Squib

The writing is well executed with a nice flow. Unfortunately there's no real draw for me. I've invested in Harry, and caring about his kids, except in relation to him, just doesn't do it for me. It's like reading a story about any other character that does have a lot of Harry. Also, late 30's Harry isn't Harry anymore, so even if it does become Harry centric, the story still has a lot of work to do.

I'd give it 2 stars for actually being a story some could like, but so far there's very little of interest.

20. Calis Clayr

Calis Clayr Seventh Year

One of the smallest countries in the world
    My, a post-DH fic that's actually somewhat decent, how... rare. The only good one I knew of was IP's one-shot.
    It's well-written, flows well, and the plot is interesting. Minimal H/G. Altogether an enjoyable read, 4/5