1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by ChaosSora, Sep 14, 2007.

1. ChaosSora

ChaosSora Second Year

Well I looked back a couple of pages, and it looks like the last post in the old Avatar thread was made over 11 months ago, so I'm just going to make a new thread.

[​IMG]

Now Season Three of the series (Book Three: Fire) begins September 21st, which is a week from today. It is going to air at either 8:00 or 8:30 PM (I'm really not sure with how much nick changes their schedules around) so tune in I guess if you like the show.

Now nick told everyone not to put the Season Three trailer on YouTube, but it is already on there so if you haven't seen the trailer yet just head over to YouTube and watch it.

Well thoughts on the show?

2. Mercenary

Mercenary Snake Eater

First off, you might want to go over and introduce yourself in the appropriate forum area.

Thoughts: Dunno. Saw the trailer. It seems interesting and it does look like the story is going to be proceeding a lot faster now but beyond that its anyone's guess.

3. CelticWarrior

CelticWarrior Second Year

Its a good series, saw the trailer and it looks like the storyline has gone dark and more serious than before. They look a lot older as well.

4. Anlun

Anlun Denarii Host

I've been a fan of this since it came out and after seeing the season preview I think the third season is going to be good. My only issue is that because of the plot they pretty much limited themselves to three seasons, unless there is some sort of cop-out.

5. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

I love the Avatar series. It has to seriously be the best thing Nickelodeon has ever put on air. I have the first two seasons, and they never get old.

I just watched the third season trailer, and holy shit, it was done extremely well. It looks fucking amazing.

For those of you who want to watch the trailer, here: Avatar: The Last Airbender Book 3: Fire Trailer

It's a pretty good quality one, the other real one I saw was a cam-rip. And I had to go through at least 3 fanmade trailers with scenes from Book 2 in it, pissed me off a little.

6. ChaosSora

ChaosSora Second Year

Well I'm glad to see there are more people on this board that like Avatar then just me. Really I'm glad that the third season is going to finally start airing in less then a week (you also might want to check Turbo Nick a day or two before the episode airs, they have a habit of putting it up there early for some reason.)

Oh and as for if they are going to be more then three seasons, from what I've read Nick has purchased three mores seasons of the series. Of course Season Three is the ending of this story arch, and the other three seasons are supposed to be about new characters with a new storyline.

I guess I might as well go and make a introduction thread, I don't really care as much about that as I mostly lurk on these boards any way.

7. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Do you have a link to this? I haven't heard of Avatar being renewed for three more seasons. I would be a little surprised if Nick signed on three more seasons all at once.

8. ChaosSora

ChaosSora Second Year

Well I feel kind of stupid as I just checked, and I see no official word on three more seasons, so I'm guessing it is just a rumor that has been going around and is starting to widely be believed as true. As for where I first heard it, well click on the link I guess.

http://4chanarchive.org/board/

The thread should be in the /co/ section on page two I think, but really I'm a idiot because I at least somewhat believed what someone on 4chan posted.

Edit:
    I just found a thread on TV.com. It has all of the videos related to Season Three in one place, and scans of the magazine that will be out on the 18th.

http://www.tv.com/avatar-the-last-a...81-851463/msgs.html?tag=board_topics;title;17

Last edited: Sep 17, 2007
  9. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Watched the trailer a few days ago. He looks like a retard with hair.

10. liath

liath Seventh Year

Yikes, I'm excited.

This is the only cartoon/anime that I really watch.

To be honest, the part I'm most excited about is that the main character will finally get serious about things.

11. Moeed

Moeed Third Year

SPOILER Episode 13

Wow man I have to say that in all of book 3 the best episode has to be 13 and my favorite character has to be Zuko.
    I have to confess that I've become a bigger fan of Avatar than Bleach especially with the latest episode and the fact that he's finally got a fire bender teacher.

12. LogrusMage

LogrusMage Supreme Mugwump

Is it really all that good? I've heard it was decent, but I'm always wary of newer US Cartoons. I havn't seen any good American made action cartoons since the old Batman series (which was dark, kickass, and had the best soundtrack EVER).

Should I get downloading? Will this satisfy the anime otaku in me or will I be disappointed by the lack of killing and seriouness?

13. ChaosSora

ChaosSora Second Year

Well you might be slightly disappointed about the lack of killing and seriousness at the beginning of the series, but as long as you stick with the series it really is worth watching. I've heard from some it is actually best start with season two and then back track and watch Season 1, as Season 1 is a little boring in the beginning. But really once you hit about episode eight you start to see why the series is held so highly, and it just gets better from there.

Basically just look past the kiddy stuff (it is a childrens cartoon) and really look for the deeper meaning in things and the series is much better.

Oh and some links to some good sites to watch the series

http://watch-avatar.com
    http://avatarchapter.com

14. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Mm, I love this series, Logrus. It's nice and wacky a lot of the time, and the fighting is awesome. This is one show that Nick was lucky to get its hands on. I highly suggest you watch it. It's entertaining, at the very least.

Don't treat it like an adult show and expect killing and shit. The fighting is good, that's all that matters.

15. LogrusMage

LogrusMage Supreme Mugwump

I just get really peeved when the "bad guy/rival" ends up being completely redeemable. Or doesn't finish his enemies.

I'll give it a look. If DLP likes it, it's probably worth torrenting.

16. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

That was actually one of the better plot moves of the story, and one that was coming since the end of the first season. It was extremely well orchestrated and pulled off quite nicely.

17. Subcomandante_Taco

Subcomandante_Taco Seventh Year

From Wiki.

Looks like they're making a live action Avatar movie...

18. Iztiak

Iztiak Prisoner DLP Supporter

That is almost guaranteed to be a fail. Time will only tell if it turns into epic fail.
    Or a miracle might happen and it might be almost watchable.

Another interesting fact is that M. Night Shaymalan, or whatever is name is, is supposed to be directing it.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2008
  19. Shadow Yun

Shadow Yun Squib

Somewhere outside of Plato's philosophical Cave
    Yes, that might happen, but I would still stick with it to see how they pulled off that trilogy of live-action movies. While I doubt it will be on spare with the actual series, I would like to see the movies once they came out. Although being a trilogy would tone down a lot of my interest...

Hmm, who is this M. Night Shyamalan? Somehow, I find myself doubting this unknown director's ability to pull a nice trilogy of live-action movies out of the series, like the LOTR movies who are a trilogy very nicely done in my opinion.

20. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

... unknown director? Lol, dude, I don't know where you've been for about a decade, but Shyamalan is a pretty well known director.

The Sixth Sense

The Village

Signs

All directed by him. Sound familiar?