1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Cybernations: Global Order of Darkness.. Meet GOD today!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Midknight, Feb 24, 2008.

1. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

One with resources that don't suck like Lead, Oil, Coal, Wines, or Furs.

2. Manatheron

Manatheron Headmaster

??? Really? Weird. To the best of my knowledge, none of the people I have long term trades with do that...

{Shrugs}

Well shit, did I play this build wrong or what...

I started out by going into the page that details what you need for bonus resources, and writing down the ones that included my starting resources, and then just built out from there.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2008
  3. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

If you'd look in the library, and in the nation building guide, it'll tell you everything you need to know, including resources.

4. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

Sree's a recent member to, so he'd know.

5. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Any combo of these and you'll have a dirt easy time of finding trades, as the best trade set is someone having Alum/Cattle/Fish/Iron/Lumber/Marble/Pigs/Spices/Sugar/Uranium/WaterWheat

It's the best resource combo possible growing up. If you're missing one of those, say you don't have fish available as your default trade, say you start with gold/cattle. It's not too bad, fish is kind of a extra topping in the set and can be swapped out. The uranium is arguable, but it provides a huge income boost when you're using it for power only and not for nuclear weapons.

If you wind up with Gold/any the above, it's not bad, as folks who tech sell will want it.

Coal, gems, oil, rubber, silver usually goes to folks who are looking for something specific such as the industrial trade set, which the bonuses for those are cheaper infrastructure, but alot less money per day, and you usually only see folks go for that, that start with two major pieces of that set already, like coal/iron. Gems/lead combo would be okay for someone trying that route, but it'll be hard to get a solid trade with that.

Furs, lead, wine are the three worst, with only lead being worth a damn, and only if you have oil and gold to get microchips, which will not be worth it for a new nation, only techsellers bother will microchips. Lead also helps if you're a really developed nation and have a great literacy rate, you'll get a small boost. In the long run though, lead's useless.

6. yak

yak Moderator DLP Supporter Retired Staff

/Wheat. Has a pop bonus and you need it for Beer. I'd say it's more important for a new and growing nation than uranium if U isn't a default.

Uranium is nice to get as a default resource. As a starting resource you don't suffer from the drawbacks of uranium that everyone else who has to trade for it gets (neg environment and neg happiness I think).

I don't have uranium as a starting resource, so I'll probably use something else for that 12th res, lead and coal have interesting bonuses and gold and gems make/save a bunch of money.

Yak.

7. Big Z

Big Z Headmaster

If you do happen to get lucky and can have 2 free resources after the 3 br set, I'd go for fish and uranium or fish and gems personally

8. Humbolt

Humbolt Seventh Year

Hmm I got lead and sugar but I've been playing for a while now and my nation is at about 873ns. Should I delete it and start again or should I play on?

9. Midknight

Thanks Yak, I pasted that from another conversation and must've not highlighted the whole line.

10. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

Yup, Yak's a sharp newbie.

11. The Sour Kraut

The Sour Kraut Seventh Year

It's long since I've played a browser game, so I'll give it a try.

From what I've read furs/oil is crap. Should I try though or wait the five days until I can delete it?

BTW: Is the peace mode any good? You can't even send foreign aid, so it isn't even good for playing some kind of support nation, is it?

12. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

Nope, peace mode isn't good at all. Your nation will suffer if you put it in peace mode for prolonged periods of time, your populations happiness will go down.

13. Midknight

14. Big Z

Big Z Headmaster

Yeah. Only the idiots keep furs/wine and throw away cattle/water. Not naming any names in particular, just a general statement.

15. Darius

Darius 13/m/box

The Octagon - Say that to my face and not online m
    I bet they still had a fucking pwnage nation and probably made over 5.5 million with only 5700 infra.

Only idiots get banned for 100% forum warn thou- oh wait

16. Mechanicalchrist

Mechanicalchrist Groundskeeper

Who was it that banned you?

17. Darius

Darius 13/m/box

JIMMINY CRICKET

I assume 'Severus Snape' had something to do with it.

18. Big Z

Big Z Headmaster

Well, Sword of Estel did deny your warn appeal right after which you got banned for the sig violation

19. Darius

Darius 13/m/box

She's a bitch too.

20. Jenkins

Jenkins Forum Bike DLP Supporter

Hey uh I got a bigass problem!

Haven't been on Cybbernations in like 3 days or so...I come back and suddenly I'm at war?!?!

What the fuck is happening!?

I'm being asked to declare peace and all....I don't even know how. I don't even know how to declare war and I sure as fuck don't want to do it!

I need some serious assistance...like...how do I go for peace. How do I make a donation to make up for it? I dunno whats going on...help?