1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Novamute, Mar 12, 2008.

1. Dr. Strange Lulz

Dr. Strange Lulz Denarii Host DLP Supporter

Legendary: Don't know much about
    Crackdown: Crap.
    Lost Odyssey: Crap
    Assassin's Creed: Fun for the first play through, then not so much.
    Kane and Lynch: Crap, I trust a dude who actually got fired for giving an honest review.
    Hitman: Blood Money: Hitman is an amazing series, rec'd.
    Kameo: Crap.

2. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

3. eXcalite

eXcalite Seventh Year

I would also reccomend Gears of War (coop just rocks) and Devil May Cry4 as well as C&C Tiberium Wars

I'm playing CoD on the 360 too. Gamertag is same as my forum tag "excalite".
    Im either running around with barret/mp5 (overkill and iron lungs) or with m16 red dot and golden deagle (claymore, steady aim, stopping power)

Last edited: Mar 16, 2008
  4. kraytkiller

kraytkiller Second Year

M14 is my main weapon when I re-prestige high enough to get it, other times I just use the M16.

I also occasionally use the default sniper rifle (forgot the name) in respawn close-encounter matches. Its surprisingly easy to quickly snipe someone before they can kill you with their automatic weapon.

I forgot the perks i use, havent played COD for a while but next tme i play im planning on going for stealth so it'll probably be Deadly silence / UAV Jammer / Endurance??(I've forgotten what is where)

I'm pretty sure my build was simply FragGrenadesx2/Bullet damage/...Forgot(Jeez i need to play again...)

Gunna play later today.

Play on PS3, name is DamienMalachi

5. Mindless

Mindless Big Boss DLP Supporter

I'd say Condemned: Bloodshot. I haven't actually gotten the chance to pick it up yet, but the first one was sweet and I've heard good things. If you can wait a bit, I'd say RS Vegas 2 would be an interesting get, and one can never go wrong with the Orange Box, if you don't already have it. I personally like Army of Two as a sort of arcade, killing-time game, and Bioshock is fucking nice.

6. Kardikek

Kardikek Groundskeeper

How many of you are playing this game on PC on the european side?

Prefer playing on hardcore servers with sneaky talents.

7. Dr. Strange Lulz

Recs

Assassin's Creed: Visually stunning, I know a lot about the crusades so getting to see the places I've read about in all their glory was amazing. Controls are fairly simple and contribute well to the overall feel of the game. Gameplay doesn't really get repetitive.

+ Gore, blood, stabbing. I love.
    - 0 Replayability.

Skate: I've been skateboarding for over half my life at this point, so if you're not into skating just ignore this. The game is fun, the controls are amazing, and it's by far the best skateboarding game of all time, bar Skate and Destroy. The anti-Tony Hawk game.

+ Beautiful, realistic, good soundtrack.
    - None.

Elderscrolls IV - Oblivion: Long, this game you could play for years if you truly felt like it. The scope of the game is massive, quests are nigh unlimited, and the act of stealing shit as a thief warms the cockles of my heart.

+ Massive, a lot of fun, lots of options and character progression paths.
    - Can be boring, fucking up without a backup save will infuriate you.

More to come, need to do shit right now.

8. Anubis

Anubis Seventh Year

Yeah, but its effectively just another WW2 shooter on with shiny new graphics. CoD 1 or 2 updated basically, I still count it as a WW2 shooter.

Hmm, not so sure I agree. That list has some good games and bad, but they depend on what you look for from games.

If you enjoy sandbox games, Crackdown is good and fun for pick up and play - though it'd pretty such suck without the super powers angle.
    AC is great in both story and gameplay terms, the only thing bad about it being that some of the pre-assassination missions like Pickpocket etc get repetitive towards the end, but the ending of the game makes up for that completely.

Lost Odyssey? Only really if you like oldschool RPGs like the Final Fantasies (back when they were good, FF7 and 8-ish). It's basically a clone gameplay wise with one added quirk, the ring system. If you never really liked the FF games, you won't like this.

Kane and Lynch you're right about though. 110% suckage. Army of Two would be a much better choice.

Legendary and Kameo I don't really know much about. Hitman...depends. It's interesting to play, and fun in some ways, but it can be incredibly frustrating at times and you have to be able to live with incredibly slow gameplay. Whilst I enjoyed it, it fell into the "Wasn't enjoyable enough to ever play again" pile.

Other recs? Just pre-order GTA4 like the rest of us and wait for the glory ;) Oblivion was just poor, plot was abysmal - when it could even be found, and the only decent thing in the whole game was the Dark Brotherhood sidequest chain. Really, just don't waste your money on it.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2008
  9. Midknight

I hated Oblivion, see my multiple posts on it.

Crackdown seemed okay today when I got the demo, but the control system is fucked.

Dead Rising looked amusing, Kingdome Under Fire was horrible, The Simpsons Game looked good, but the controls were the worst I've ever seen.

Legendary you open Pandora's box, and are forced to hunt down the stuff you let out.
    http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/legendarythebox/index.html

It'll be out later on this year.

Gamertag = Midknight00711 but I wont be online with it often for awhile, only 1 modem in the house atm.

10. Snarf

Snarf Squanchin' Party Bro! ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Might sound nerdy, but I'm a clan leader that plays both Call of Duty 2 and Call of Duty 4 for the computer. Though I'm a much better CoD2 player, as you can see by my signature, I am a decent CoD4 player

I must say, your perks all depend on what kind of player you are.

If you are a stay back kind of guy, pull out that Barrett .50 cal and crack some heads with that baby. Use the Claymore, Juggernaut, and Iron Lungs perks with that.

If you just like spray and pray, I'd say get yourself an M60E4 with Bandolier, Sleight of Hand, and Steady Aim perks for more rounds, faster reloading, and better hip-fire accuracy respectively.

If you are the sneaky type, get yourself either a P90 or M4 Carbine with a Grenade Launcher attachment added on to it so you can blow the hell out of some kids. This is my personal favorite with an RPG perk for enemy helicopter support, either slight of hand or double tap (increased bullet speed), and Dead Silence. This last perk is crucial if you are the knife killing type, which I am. Come up behind the jerk and run them through with a knife lunge without them hearing your footsteps. Beautiful and efficient.

Anyways, if you play on computer I advise the Biohazard gaming servers. That was my old clan and one of the bigger ones out on the computer half of the game. Extremely fun and their custom maps are bliss.

11. Novamute

Novamute Third Year

One of the new maps their going to release is called Chinatown and it is basically a night version of the Carentan map with a chinatown graphics package. The also took the TV station level from the single player game and expanded that to a multi map. There is one called Ravine which is supposed to be a huge outdoor map with caves and the like. The last one that they are working on is calles Killhouse, no details yet though. The map pack is supposed to be released this spring for the 360 and ps3, no details yet on PC inclusion.

12. Snarf

Snarf Squanchin' Party Bro! ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I'd hurt them. That is all.

13. Dark Lord Rostam

Dark Lord Rostam Button La Famiglia Midknight

In that thing you call a closet. Better watch out,
    Crackdown is not crap. It's pretty fucking fun.

As for recommendations, Lost Planet is fun. Call of Duty 4 is obviously a must have. If you have any friends to play with, Army of Two is fun. If you like basketball, NBA 2k8 is good.

14. JCCS

JCCS Third Year

I play Hardcore Search&Destroy more often than not, and I've been getting into some of the large-map mods. Insofar as kits, I tend to use:

M40A3 (Default Sniper) / M9 silenced / Specialx3 / UAV Jammer / Dead Silence
    Hiding in the grass and knifing people is fun, and I'm good at sniping. I use the less powerful M9 because at medium range it's more effective to pistol than snipe, and the M9 has better sights.

Ak47 Silenced / .45 silenced / RPGx2 / UAV jammer / Dead Silence
    Similar to the kit above, but for urban environments. Dead silence is by far my favorite third perk, though extreme conditioning isn't bad.

Mp5 Silenced / USP / C4x2 / Sleight of Hand / Extreme Conditioning
    My rushing kit for Search and Destroy - beat everyone to the key points and blow the hell out of them with C4 you booby-trapped said points with.

Eh. I've played extensively with all of the guns, my favorites would have to be the M40 (Low sway, I often snipe without steady), AK47 (Pain in the ass sometimes, but high power and good for bursts), M14 (Precision with silenced one-hits on hardcore), and the W1200 (If you use stealth perks, you can bust some ass with that shotgun).

If they nerf the p90, I'll be happy - that gun is far too easy to use, along with the g3 and m21 in hardcore. I cry every time I get longrange noscoped with a p90 spray.

15. Oujou Akaash

Oujou Akaash Unspeakable

You are the man.

16. Jeff

Jeff Third Year

Kingdom under Fire was supposedly just a test game, they were supposed to be just testing out graphics and whatnot. The one that I heard they're working on is supposed to be much more detailed. You're supposed to be able to play like a mix between any Command and Conquer with controlling massive amounts of people and being able to fight like the current one. To me it sounds a bit sketchy, but its also just what I heard. Seems like it would be a bit too much for a game.

Rainbow Six: Vegas 2, is better that the first one online, story mode is really short, and not as detailed as the first one, but that might be because I played with a friend and in the first Vegas they cut out videos in multiplayer story, so I'm not sure.

Army of Two isn't worth the buy, at all, major disappointment.

CoD4 is a given, must have it. I'm on my first prestige but thats because prestige is pointless, I could easily be a level 10, but I just don't see the point, when it proves nothing, but I might go for it in a bit. I heard a rumor about in the new patch a new prestige is coming out where you can put two attachments on your weapon. Ex: Silencer and Red Dot, again internet rumors but it might happen. Also, I've got my golden AK and Snipe, legit too, not worth the get unless you use the AK alot or like a shitty sniper.

Gamertag = CalmJeff

17. Dr. Strange Lulz

The first couple of Kingdom Under Fire games were excellent, giving you control of entire armies while being able to fight in the midst of them as a single character. The strategy involved actually made it one of the better RTS games around for consoles. Since then though, the series has just taken a turn for the fail.

I would recommend trying the earlier ones if you get the chance to.

18. Hari Seldon

Hari Seldon Groundskeeper DLP Supporter

For those of you that may have shelved the game. Patch 1.6 is out With the map pack and bug fixes. Maps are A+ quality. (accept for Killhouse).

19. JCCS

JCCS Third Year

Killhouse = ultimate faggotry.

20. Midknight

Got it in the other day via gamefly.

On 360, the little fucking choke points really, really bug me. I hate consolde aiming to begin with, but it seems the aiming/zoom aim is absolute shit, even with the assistance on, and you wind up shooting from so far away the enemies are small as hell even on a decent sized screen

Graphics are nice though.