1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Who is your favourite HP character

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by NICK-NACK, Mar 22, 2008.

1. Oz

Oz For Zombie. Moderator DLP Supporter

Dumbledore and Luna. No one else even compares to them.

2. moonyschick

moonyschick First Year

Not just that scene, she just is a strong female character.

I don't jack off. Especially for something as disgusting and vile as that.

I wasn't talking about physical attraction, I was mearly mentioning that those characters have more female fans, for many different reasons, one of which could be attraction to the opposite sex, but not in my case.

3. Reyhkt

Reyhkt Groundskeeper

Relax, I was just joking. Though I have to disagree with you when you describe Mollywobbles as strong. Nowhere in the series does it say she is a strong woman (that put so many wrong pictures in my head).

She is described as your average, overweight house elf (err, I mean housewife). She is laughably protective of her children, which is very funny to watch.

Also she is a master at dueling. No wonder Harry never refuses her orders to clean his house (Grimmauld place). I mean she kicked Bella's ass, who knows what she will do to him!

Last edited: Mar 23, 2008
  4. moonyschick

moonyschick First Year

I didn't mean strong literally. But, I see where that could sound really wrong.

5. Snarf

Snarf Squanchin' Party Bro! ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    My question is whether you are asking about my favorite character or favorite characterization? If it's character, that would have to be Daphne Greengrass. She's hot, a Slytherin, doesn't fawn over Malfoy, and you can twist her character so many different ways without making her Out Of Character just for the fact that she truly doesn't have a characterization to begin with.

If we are talking about characterization, that would have to be Dumbledore. From the beginning you see that he is an amazingly powerful and mysterious man with some sort of hidden past (i.e. think about when Harry asks what he sees in the Mirror of Erised). Year by year Rowling shows how, despite all his strengths, Dumbledore is flawed. One of the few things I can say I loved about Deathly Hallows is Dumbledore's back-story after his death and the way she used his flaws to haunt Harry throughout the novel. Truly her best characterization in the entire series, though Snape runs a close second despite the fact that she ruined him with that Lily Evans love bullshit.

6. Seratin

Seratin Proudmander –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Wait, hold on. Is this the same Lupin that wanted to run out on his pregnant younger wife to go treasure hunting with a few teenagers?;)

7. Reyhkt

Reyhkt Groundskeeper

"Sigh," we've already been through this. Just check out the Remus Lupin thread.

8. moonyschick

moonyschick First Year

Yes, I went through alot of crap at that thread for necroing. Good times.

9. Randeemy

Randeemy Headmaster DLP Supporter

When you say Molly is strong, do you mean stubborn, or strong in the sense that she was defeated by a Boggart, which Lupin has a bunch of third years play with without having a seemingly life threatening panic attack, despite them facing their biggest phobias

10. moonyschick

moonyschick First Year

She's strong in a family sense. She is able to keep her kids in line, and still maitain a somewhat functioning home.

11. Reyhkt

Reyhkt Groundskeeper

Yeah, what the fuck is up with that. Sex, violence, and gore are viewed as wrong things in the Harry Potter universe too. Yet they have boggarts like snakes and spiders.

That's one of the what the fuck moments I had when I read the book. Their boggarts should be corpses of naked mutilated family members. Or a naked mollywobbles, covered in warts and pimples. Not the chicken shit we are given in POA.
    Err, that's what makes her seem a strong character? The fact that she is able to keep her kids in line? Do you mean the time where she took all of Fred and George's items? Potentially ruining their only career, if Harry wasn't there to give them a 1000 galleons.

Or could you possibly mean the time, where she actually goes and gets a job once the kids grow up(assuming there isn't a magical avatar, or something else that can take care of the babies) so she can support the family? Oh wait... That's fanon.

12. moonyschick

moonyschick First Year

She can keep 7 kids in line, and a pretty wimpy husband to boot, and still make a house look presentable. It's not just that, it's her fiery love of her children, and how devoted she is to the people she loves. That's strong to me. It's a girl thing.

13. Lindow

Lindow Professor DLP Supporter

Didn't it say when Harry first went to the Burrow in book two that it had trash and random cauldrons around the yard of the Burrow in the grass, bushes, etc.?

14. Seratin

High Score:
    I know girl's who hate Molly's character. Banner and Brat on this site alone have expressed a disgust for Mollywobbles. If you like her that's fine, whatever floats your boat.

15. moonyschick

moonyschick First Year

I meant that the love is strong is a girl thing, not liking Molly. I know lots of girls who dislike Molly. Just wanted to clarify.

16. Seratin

High Score:
    I apologise, I took it the wrong way.:eek:

17. Reyhkt

Reyhkt Groundskeeper

Keeping the 7 kids in line should not be hard for her, unless she is a squib.
    Are the kids running around, destroying the house while you're gone? No worries, as soon as you get back to your house, just use a few reparo charms, and you fixed the house.

There has to be a spell taught to parents, that can make an avatar, which will take care of your babies for you while you're working. The patronus charm makes an avatar that makes you happy, after all.

An avatar that doesn't do anything but take care of the baby, should be easy in comparison. Though if you could pull off a patronus to take care of your child, then you will never have to worry about your baby crying ever again.

It's easy to make a house look presentable, there are such things as cleaning charms after all. Furthermore, mollywobbles maternal instinct to protect her children is a normal human feeling, not something that makes her a hero.
    Yes, and there were pigs in the backyard of the hovel too. Truly degrading I know...

18. Lindow

Lindow Professor DLP Supporter

I can't figure out if you meant maternal or if the paternal was a nice little jab at the fat bitch. Maybe mollywobbles has a slight mustache like Aunt Marge?:)

19. Reyhkt

Reyhkt Groundskeeper

I did mean paternal. Arthur simply missed mollywobbles penis that was hiding in her fat. Nah, I'll go and change that.

20. moonyschick

moonyschick First Year

:) That was gross! But funny, I'll admit.