1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Who is your favourite HP character

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by NICK-NACK, Mar 22, 2008.

1. Kai Shek

Kai Shek Supreme Mugwump

She also probably hindered any progress Harry may have developt in the school. I know that if I was friends around someone who's whole life is school, and then saw this from my own point of view, any ambition I had would shrink. Hermione only took action when 100% sure of something. If Harry followed Hermione's train of thinking, probably nothing would have been completed in DH, and Voldemort would most likely have gotten the stone in PS.

If Hermione was Harry's only friend, he would probably be far more pathetic then he already is, deeper into his shell then with Ron's friendship.

Like you with Ron, she is also the type of person I couldn't stand being around.

Probably under strict instructions from adults far smarter than him.

Yes, yes they were, and what did that use that for? Talk about abilities going to waste.

Cedric Diggory was seventeen when we met him, hardly a teenager that we can see the common flaws of childhood and puberty.

Besides Hermione, we do not see much of any of these characters. If they were fleshed out more and saw much more of them, I'm sure you would see large flaws that would make people see them as 'worthless'

2. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    No, he refused help from Snape, if you recall.

Making lots of money is a waste?

Seventeen.

3. Kai Shek

Kai Shek Supreme Mugwump

He recieved orders from Voldemort. I don't see any Darklord trusting Malfoy enough for his end of year plans without specific instructions. He most likely 'also' recieved instructions to keep it quiet. Why would Malfoy disobey?

If your in the middle of a war and your life is in jeopardy every minute, then yes, making money is quite a waste.

Fred doesn't have much use for that money now, does he?

Also old enough to buy alcohol in England, and become of age. These laws are based on brain development, so being seventeen is obviously different from being fifteen and even sixteen.

4. Oz

Oz For Zombie. Moderator DLP Supporter

Kai Shek, Voldemort expected him to fail, and was going to kill his parents to punish him. That was the only reason he was chosen over Snape

5. Kai Shek

Kai Shek Supreme Mugwump

Well, there you go. My memory of the last two books are quite minimal, for I only read each once. Others I have read multiple.

Malfoy did not trick Dumbledore, seventh book has reference to Dumbledore finding out the plans and making plans of his own. Malfoy would have been stopped very early if Dumbledore chose to.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2008
  6. Oz

I read HBP three times, DH once. The only parts I can remember from DH are the battle at the end and stealing the dragon from Gringotts (can't remember why they stole it though).

7. Kai Shek

Kai Shek Supreme Mugwump

They didn't steal the dragon, they stole a Horcrux. Hufflepuff Goblet, I believe. They just used the Dragon to escape.

I remember some parts of DH quite well, while others are completely blank.

8. Oz

Either way, it was one of the few epic scenes in the books.
    I can remember Nagini jumping out of some chicks body (Marchbanks?) and Hermione breaking Harry's wand as well, but that's about it.

9. Skeletaure

High Score:
    Actually that would be 18-years-old.

10. Kai Shek

Kai Shek Supreme Mugwump

Really.... Is it old enough to buy alcohol in "wizarding" England? Because I could have sworn that was true...

11. Oz

17 is the age of majority in the Wizarding world, but I have no idea if they can buy alcohol

12. Reyhkt

Reyhkt Groundskeeper

Yeah they can get firewhiskey at 17.

13. Skeletaure

High Score:
    They can drink it, but consuming alcohol is legal at all ages in the UK. It's purchase that's restricted. I'm not sure if we've ever seen them buy alcohol.

14. kalantha

kalantha Sixth Year

Taure: I'm pretty sure that the few there's been at least one or more times when a student purchases alcohol for parties or at the Three Broomsticks. Although I've been reading an excessive amount of Fanfiction lately so it might just be me confusing the two.

15. Iztiak

Iztiak Prisoner DLP Supporter

Eh, it's a kids book. Advocating alcohol sales to young adults would probably be frowned upon...

Anyway, my favorite character would have to be Dumbledore. Reasons have been stated by others quite a few times in this thread.

I also liked Luna, though I'd like her more if JK had fleshed out her character a bit.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2008
  16. Reyhkt

Reyhkt Groundskeeper

I think Ron says in the book that if you're 17 years of age, you can purchase firewhiskey from The Three Broomsticks. In the wizarding world, you can't consume firewhiskey before the age of 17 either. However, butterbeer contains some alcohol. So I have no idea what the age requirement for the consumption of alcohol is, if there is one at all.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2008